You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter ten.

I looked at the calendar and groaned at the date. September 15. We’ve been in school for three weeks. Luckily it was a Friday, and tonight we were hanging with the boys. I got into the shower before Melanie got back from her daily run, we had a set routine by now, which was awesome.

I also had a set routine with Zak, everyday at lunch we went to the hill unless it was raining, then go to the library after dinner. He would then walk me back to the dorm and kiss my forehead; I just wish he would kiss my lips. Just once! I groaned when I walked out of the bathroom and Melanie grinned.

“No lip kiss yet? I sighed and shook my head. She smiled and put her hand on my shoulder. “Don’t worry something will happen soon.” With that she skipped into the bathroom and shut the door.

We were walking to breakfast when I realized I didn’t have my flash cards for French class, “Uh, I’ll meet you guys there. I forgot something.”

“Want us to wait for you?”

“Nope, I’ll be there in a few minutes.” They smiled and nodded; I turned around and headed back to the dorm. I smiled when I shoved them into my bag and headed to the hall. I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks though.

I saw a blonde girl smiling holding Zak’s arm, she then reached up and kissed his cheek and they hugged. My heart suddenly felt heavy, my stomach dropped. I turned so fast that my bag hit me and it hurt, I wanted to scream or cry. I headed to the library and prayed to god he wouldn’t see me.

I headed upstairs to the big windows and sat down. Luckily I didn’t wear too much make-up. I sighed and also was happy that I didn’t have history with him today. I sighed and put my IPod headphones into my ears. The only people around were younger kids doing last minute work, and people reading with coffee cups in their hands.

My phone buzzed from my bag and I pulled it out. I flipped it open and my eyes filled up. I sighed before hitting reply and typing in.

Girly, where are you?!
-Mel


In the library. Hiding out, I’ll tell you later.
-Av


I sighed and closed my eyes; I looked at the clock and groaned. How should I get to class without anyone seeing me? I looked and noticed I had ten minutes; I piled all my stuff up and headed out into the already warm day.

I got to class with five minutes to spare, Madame looked up at me and smiled. Can’t this day be over?

“What’s wrong?” Melanie asked the second my second class was over. I was heading the hall for lunch, and was staying there.

“Well, you know how I forgot something and had to go back?” She nodded and I sighed, “Well…” I then filled her in and she opened her mouth to speak but closed it.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know who that was, but I’ll stick with you today.”

“Thanks, but I’m just going to head to the dorm.” I said changing my mind and turned right to head to the dorm. I booted up my laptop and clicked my email.

Cor,
why do boys suck so much? I thought I knew what was going on, but now I have no idea what is happening. Write back, miss you.
-Av.


I sighed for the millionth time that day and finally felt the tears jerk. Ping!

I opened my eyes and saw a pop-up IM.

CFMan15: Sis, what is going on? Who do I need to kill?

Avalove15: You don’t need to kill anyone. I thought I knew what would happen with Zak, and now…I have no idea. Help me…

CFMan15: Well how can I help you if I have no idea what is going on? Tell me what happened.

Avalove15: Well, I like Zak, I thought he liked me; we hang out every night and day. He kisses my forehead every night. Well today I saw some stupid blonde hanging on his shoulder, reach up and kiss his cheek, and then they hugged. They both looked pretty happy.

CFMan15: Ouch. Well, maybe he doesn’t like her. Look, if I were you, I’d talk to him, and then go from there. But knowing you, you’re stubborn, and you won’t. So let him worry about you then make him explain. But hey, I got to go to work, hope everything works out, and love you. Text me later.

CFMan15 has signed off.

I closed my laptop and got up. Since I was done classes I decided to go and read. I took my sunglasses, a book, and my phone out to the quad. As soon as I did though, I knew I should have stayed inside. The same stupid girl was talking to Zak again; he looked around and stopped when he saw me. I got up from the bench and went to walk inside, but my phone buzzed.

I pulled out the phone and saw a text; I flipped it open and closed it again when I saw it was from Zak. I kept walking and slid my phone back into my pocket.

*Melanie’s point of view*

I went to the dorm right before dinner and found Ava there listening to music and reading. “Come on to dinner, all of us girls can sit at our own table.”

“I’m not really hungry, plus I don’t want to punish you guys because of it.”

“You won’t and plus they have chicken tonight, your fav so come on.” I pulled her up she dropped the book and pulled out the ear buds before we went and got Keirsten and Arianna and told them everything.

“Stupid boy, doesn’t he know all the guys around here talk about you?” Arianna asked as we walked into the hall. I put my arm through hers and we walked past the boys and sat a table a few away from theirs. Little snips of conversations had a sudden change and I smiled at the girls.

“Let’s eat,” I began scooping out food when all the sudden Derrick came over.

“Babe, what are you doing over here? All the boys think you’re mad at us.”

“We’re not; we just wanted to have girl talk.” I said winking, he smiled and nodded.

“Alright, well Zak knows Ava’s mad at him, he doesn’t know why though.” She put her head down and starred at her lap. I rolled my eyes at the girls and smiled at him, I turned towards Ava and grabbed her and we headed out.

“Ava! Please talk to me.” We both stopped outside the hall to see Zak coming after us.

“Mel, I’ll meet you later.” I nodded and headed back inside.

*Ava’s point of view*

“What’s wrong? I’ve been texting you all day, you’ve been ignoring them, and you didn’t join me for lunch.”

I ran through my brother’s IM in my head and sighed. “Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?”

“What are you talking about Ava? I have no idea; I just know I don’t like you ignoring me.”

“Well I know that I like you and I don’t like the fact that it seems like you like me, but then you hang all over other girls.” I went to turn but a hand caught my arm. “What Zak?”

“You like me? I thought you just wanted to be my friend. And what other girl?” He asked taking another step towards me.

“How would I know? Some stupid blonde girl, whatever, and it doesn’t matter now, does it?”

I pulled my arm away from him and headed to the dorm. I can’t believe I am so stupid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so. I think this chapter was alright.
I had to add a little drama in there.

So on another note. Comments? Subscribe?
Please and thank youu.