You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter sixteen.

Tomorrow was Thanksgiving, this year was flying it seemed. I was throwing last minute stuff into a bag. I had one class left, and was dreading it. Mid-terms were coming up, so they were trying to cram all lot of information into our brains.

At least we were getting a week off from school. Unfortunately, Grant’s parents were having another party. Ugh, so boring. We were having an after party once again though. I picked up my bag and headed out into the chilly air.

The brightly colored leafs crunched under my black boots; we were allowed to wear whatever footwear we chose. Thank God for that. I made my way into the English building. I went into the room and snagged my seat next to Melanie and put my coat on the back of the seat. I unwrapped my scarf and dropped it onto my bag.

“You all packed?” She asked as I pulled out my notebook and pen.

“Pretty much, you?” I asked as I found my black pen.

“Of course,” She smiled.

I laughed, “I forgot you always do things so ahead of time.” She nodded and we ended our conversation when the teacher walked in.

“We’re free!” Melanie yelled spinning around in circles. We just had our last class for a week, I laughed at her and she took my hand. “It’s so exciting,” I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, it’s good we finally get to head home for a bit.”

“True, but who will be my roommate?”

I laughed and hugged her. “We’ll see each other the night of the party.” She nodded and we back to the dorm to grab our stuff so we could head home.

--Thanksgiving Day—

I slipped and zippered up my dress and was sliding shoes on when a knock came to my door.

“Come in,” I said walking to my jewelery and slipping in some sliver hoops. “Hey Cor, I’ll be done in a second.”

“That’s fine; I just needed to tell you something.”

“Alright, what’s up?” I asked putting in the second earring.

“Well, while you were gone, something happened with dad and Zak’s dad.”

I turned and faced him. “What happened?”

“Some kind of business fell through, and now they aren’t speaking.”

“Okay, what does that have to do with anything?”

“Well, you know dad doesn’t care who you date. But his dad does. Mum and his mum are thrilled you two are together, but his dad isn’t.” I sat down on my bed and sighed.
“Well, we’re not going to break up.”

“Oh no, I wouldn’t tell you too. And don’t say anything to him, until he tells you. I’m not sure if he knows. His dad is tricky though; he might try and plan something.” I got up and smoothed out my dress.

“Thanks for the warning.” He smiled a sad smile and we headed downstairs. Tonight was the party at Grant’s.

“Oh Ava, you look wonderful dear.” I smiled and hugged my dad. He wasn’t home last night when I had arrived. And I had been upstairs all night texting everyone from school.

“Thank you Mom.” I was never going to get a hold of this British language. Oh well…

“Shall we go then?” My father asked, we all nodded and headed out to the limo. His car only fits two, so that leaves us needing a bigger car.

Once we got there, our coats were taken, and we were on our own to go mingle. I headed for the corner my friends were usually were. When I got there I smiled, but they all seemed tense.

“Guys, what’s wrong?”

“No...Nothing, How’s your holiday so far Ava?” Grant asked. He wrapped an arm around me and tried turning me around.

“Why are you guys acting so weird?” They all looked at one another. I put my hands on my face and blew a curl out of my face. I happened to look up at Mel when she looked out to the dance floor.

I turned and my mouth fell open. Zak was dancing with a girl that was not me. I went to go out, when about three hands fell on my arm.

Grant pulled me aside and out to the back deck that was now covered. “Look, his dad is super pissed.”

“Yeah, Cor told me..” I looked out to the grounds and sighed. “Is he really going to try and tear us apart?”

“I honestly don’t know. I’ve never known his dad to do stuff like this.” He ran a hand along my arm and looked around. “Later, we can get you guys together. But for now, you’d probably be best to not be around him.”

“SO what am I supposed to do? Ignore my boyfriend? This is stupid. I’m sorry Grant, but I’m leaving after dinner.”

“No, you can’t! Everyone is looking forward to seeing you.”

I sighed and shook my head before heading inside. I spotted Cory and headed over to him. A tear spilled out of my eye, he saw me and walked to me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, he brought my face to his chest, and I wrapped my arms around him. I could feel him looking around, and then someone else took me. I looked to see Mel, Keirsten, and Arianna. They all pulled my hand and we went to the bathroom.

“Hang out with us tonight.” They all cooed at me, I sighed and sat down on the counter.

“I just don’t understand why his dad is making us stay apart.”

“I don’t know. The guy’s an arse.” Arianna exclaimed, she grabbed a tissue and wiped away the smearing make-up.

“We’ll go out and dance and pretend we’re having fun.”

“As soon as dinner’s done, I’m heading home.”

“But we can get you two together then.” Keirsten pleaded.

“I’m not in a partying mood anymore.” They all frowned but let me make up my decision. We all went out; I plastered a fake smile on my face, and pretended to have a good time. I pretended to listen to conversations at dinner; once desert was served and eaten I rose and headed to find my parents.

“Hey mom,” she turned and smiled. “Do you mind if I head home?” She looked sad for a minute but then nodded.

“Take the car home, and have him return after he drops you off.” I smiled and hugged my mom.

“Thank you.” I snuck out of the room without any of my friends seeing. I grabbed my coat and made my way to the limo.

“Home please.” I whispered. The driver looked at me and nodded. I sighed and closed my eyes as we drove home.

This was the worst thanksgiving ever.

*Zak’s point of view*
Desert was done, now it was time to really party. And with my girlfriend, not this stupid girl my dad makes me bring. I can’t believe he really wants me to break up with Ava. I mean, come on. She is the best thing in my life.

I was planning on telling her I loved her this week, since we’ve been together for two and half months. Yeah…it’s not that long, but that’s how I feel. I don’t even care if she doesn’t say it back.

I head over to the back house with Cory and we walk in. The girls look up at me then turned and walked away. Well their there, but where’s Ava? I search around for her, but finally find Grant. He’s dancing with Keirsten, I hate to break up their dance fest, but I need to know where she is.

“Mate! Where’s your cousin?”

“She went home.”

“What? Why? Didn’t you explain to her?”

“She already knew. She was pretty upset Mate. I’d leave her alone for the night.” I groaned and turned around. I was out of here. I went back to the main house to find my dad, he smiled when he saw me.

“Where’s Jackie?”

“Who? Oh, her. I have no idea. Look I’m heading home.”

“Not without your date.”

“Dad, I need to go talk to Ava.”

“You’re not leaving then.” He looked at me; the people who were talking to him excused themselves. “We talked about this already.” I groaned and walked back outback. When I got inside I put myself on a couch and sat there all night.

God, this was the worst thanksgiving ever.

*Ava’s point of view*

We were leaving for school in two days. I have managed to ignore everyone who has come to the house. Except Grant and Mel of course, otherwise Cory would tell them I had gone out for the day.

I have ignored numerous texts from Zak, dozens of calls, and deleted numbers of voicemails. I kept my long curtains closed and stayed away from my bay window. I started packing to keep my mind numb but the door suddenly busting open made me jump.

“Zak, what are you doing here?” I dropped my shirt onto my bed as he raced over to me.

“Why have you been ignoring me? I know you really haven’t left. Is this about the other night? You have to know that wasn’t my idea.”

I sighed and sat down he sat next to me and grabbed my hand.

“Zak listen…I think we should...” I felt tears weld up in my eyes, my voice caught, and my stomach hurt badly.

“What Av? Talk to me love.” He kneeled in front of me and tried to look into my eyes. I pulled my hand out of his and covered my face. I took a deep breathe and said it all in one phrase.

“We should break up.”

“What did you say?” I looked up and could see he didn’t believe me.

“Zak you heard me…”

“But Ava, I love you.” My heart stopped and I started crying. “Why, why do you want to do this?”

“I don’t! I just can’t let your dad do this to us. I am in pain because we can’t be together.” I was now yelling and tears were falling out of my eyes like a damn waterfall.

“We don’t need to break up! We’re going back to school in two days. He won’t know what happens there.”

“Yeah and when we come home in three weeks?”

“He’ll calm down by then.”

“No he won’t Zak. You know that. I just think it’d be better for now.”

“No it won’t. You can say and think whatever you want. But I love you, and even if you break up with me. I’m not giving up on you.” He strode over to me and grabbed my hand. He pulled me towards him and crashed his lips onto mine for the last time.

He left the room and I fell on the floor.

“I love you too Zak.” I whispered to no one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know, don't hate me. It will get better, honestly.
I'll probably update tomorrow so you don't go crazy.

Comments? Subscribe?
Please and thank you!