You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter seventeen.

The first day is the hardest? Please, whoever told you that lied. The pain doesn’t go away in one day, everyday sucks. We’ve been back at school for a week now. The pain is just as bad as it was that night.

Midterms start next week. God kill me. At least there is only one test a day. I kept to myself mostly, everyone was starting to worry. I would go to the library during meals; I would bring food with me. I would study until I knew Melanie was fast asleep, slip into the room, shower and sneak out before she woke up.

She would occasionally text me during the day, which I always answered. Grant kept an eye on me as well, sometimes he’d come up to the library, sometimes he would text me as well. Cory emailed everyday, making sure I was okay.

I’ve never felt this way because of a boy. It sucked, I won’t lie. I feel like dying, my heart hurts, and every time I think of him my stomach clenches and hurts. I sighed as I mentally slapped myself for forgetting a book. I rushed back into the room and stopped when I saw who was in the room.

Grant and Zak were sitting on the beds talking to Melanie. “Av, don’t leave.” She said reaching out for my hand. I spun on my foot and leaped down the stairs. I couldn’t be in the same room with Zak.

In our class together, I moved my seat. Victoria gladly took my old seat, I sat up front. It was one of the only ways to not have to be in pain. I never went near the tree or the hill. I skipped every rugby game that Mel begged me to go to. I didn’t go to meals, and I didn’t go near the boy’s dorm.

I sighed as I almost jogged across campus. I couldn’t wait to go home. A tear slipped my eye and I closed my eyes. I leaned against the building and wrapped my arms around myself. I sat on the cold ground and covered my eyes. Why did I come here?
I sighed and my heart stopped. Zak was standing in front of me. He stooped down to me and made sure our eyes met.

He wiped away a tear with his thumb; he left his hand on my face and took my other hand. “Talk to me Av.”

“I can’t.” I whispered. I tried to look down, but his hand had a good grip on my face. He pulled both of up and took me to a bench.

“Why can’t you? We talked like we’ve known each other way before we were together.”

“Because it hurts, it hurts being around you like this. Seeing you in my dorm felt like someone punched me.” He winced and closed his eyes.

“I hate my dad.”

“Don’t say that Zak.”

“It’s true Ava. You were the best thing to happen to me, and he had to go and ruin it. I want you to be happy, and you’re not.”

“Neither are you.”

“That’s because I see what pain you’re in.”

I sighed and looked at all the colored leafs. Some looked so drenched they were dead. I leaned into his body on instincts. I felt his arm wrap itself around me, I felt the tears start to flow more, but I didn’t care. I would pay for this pain later. I needed him as much as he needed me there.

I was finished my midterms, hooray! I was finishing packing when Mel burst through the room.

“Hey you!” She slammed the door shut then leaned against it. I turned and looked at her and raised my eyebrow.

“What are you doing?” I asked with a hint of amusement.

“Nothing, I’m tired from walking here.” I tilted my head and smiled. I knew she was lying.

Ever since two weeks ago when Zak and I talked, Mel and I were better. She told me Zak and Grant was here because they were worried about me. Then, when Zak found me, it made things a little better.

I started going to meals with everyone, I didn’t stay in the library as long, and sometimes I went to a game. Zak and I didn’t really talk, but we acknowledged each other. Everyone on campus had figured out we were through by now.

It was so annoying to have random boys come and talk to me, obviously I wasn’t going to date anyone, and every once in awhile Zak would be talking to girls. Grant has assured me he doesn’t want to think about another girl. He tells Grant everyday he will win me back soon.

“What are you hiding?” I asked folding up shirts to bring home and pack away.

“Nothing, just don’t leave.”

I looked at her but she was already walking back out and closing the door. “So weird.” I mumbled before turning on my IPod to All time low. I love that band, no one here knows them. Oh well, more good music for me.

I started singing the worlds along to Vegas, when someone put their hands over my eyes. I didn’t hear anyone come in so I jumped. I put my hands over theirs, but they didn’t speak, nor would they move their hands.

“Who is this?” I asked, their body moved closer to mine. I tried to touch their face but they moved back, I sighed and gave up. I then got an idea, I poked their side and their hands instantly left my face.

I spun around and sat down on my bed when I saw Zak. “What are you doing here?”
“I needed to talk to you before tomorrow.” Right, tomorrow was Christmas Eve. Tomorrow was going to be a stupid party, but this time I knew what could happen.

“I know, I know Zak, Grant already told me everything. Whatever, it’s fine.”

“No, it’s not Ava. I know you like to pretend it is, but it’s not. I don’t want to bring a stupid date; I want you to be my date. Which you can’t be, but you will dance with me once.”

“Zak, that’s dumb, your dad will kill you.” I said turning back around and putting more clothes into my bag.

“No it’s not.” He said getting up and taking my hand. I looked up at him; he was smiling at me now. “My dad can’t make decisions for me anymore. You’re going to be my girlfriend once again, this break.” He leaned down and kissed me before walking out the room.

Even though the kiss was just lip pressure, it took my breath away
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, kind of boring.
But the next one is good. =]

Thank you to my awesome readers who comment every chapter! =]

Comment? Subscribe?
Please and Thank you!