You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter eight.

*Zak’s point in view*

“Come on it’s just a little further.” I grabbed her hand and drug her up to the hill, her eyes were closed. We finally got to the top; I turned her around to face the sky and stood in front of her. “Alright now open your eyes.”

She slowly opened her eyes and her mouth fell open. “Oh my God, Zak, this place is awesome.” She walked towards me and gave me a hug. “It’s so pretty up here, when did you find this?”

I rubbed the back of my neck and smiled, “I found it sophomore year, I got in trouble, and yeah…I needed somewhere to chill.” She went and sat in the spot that I always sit in; I went over and joined her.

“Why did you get into trouble?”

“Well, are you sure you want to hear this?”

“Yes, I’m sure. Come on, tell me.”

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, God please don’t let this ruin it. “Well, it was this girl’s birthday and I got caught leaving her dorm after midnight.”

“That’s so cute.” She grabbed my arm and I turned to look at her. “I mean, did she even appreciate it?”

“Nope, she laughed when I told her about it. Then my dad called and gave me hell. Since then I didn’t care much about the rules. At the end of last year they told me to shape up or I’m out.”

“Oh Zak, you have to care. You can’t leave now…” I looked at and smiled.

“Don’t worry I’ve shaped up.”

“Good,” She smiled and lay back on the ground. I laid back and her arms were spread out on the ground. When I moved my hand to the ground, her fingers were so close to mine I could feel the heat coming off of them.

*Ava’s point of view*

Beep, beep, beep.

I groaned and rolled over and smacked the clock. I slowly sat up and noticed Melanie wasn’t in bed. I looked around and slowly got up. I grabbed my uniform and clothing and headed into the bathroom.

“Oh good, you’re up.” Melanie yelled into the door ten minutes later. “Have a good night?” I could tell she was smiling.

“Yes,” I said and I smiled.

“Well when you get out you’re dishing about everything.”

“Sounds good,” I finished up and quickly got changed and walked out rubbing a towel through my hair.

“Alright well where did you go?” She was wearing shorts and a cami and looked tired.

“Do you want to shower before I tell you the story?” She laughed and nodded then headed into the bathroom. I dried my hair before she came out then started to work on my make-up. She came out and threw her hair into a pony-tail.

“Alright now go.”

“Well we met up at the quad, then we walked to basically the end of campus, then he made me close my eyes.” I said as I started to apply mascara.

“Oh my God, he took you to the hill? That’s so cute.”

“Wait, you know about that place?”

“Yeah, we all hang up there all the time when the weather’s nice. The quad just gets so crowded; Zak showed us the hill last year.”

“Yeah, well it was so pretty; we just laid up there and talked the entire night. Sorry if I woke you up when I came in.”

“Nah, I was dead asleep. The ride here always makes me sleepy, plus all that food.” We both laughed and finished up getting ready. We both grabbed our book bags and our schedules and headed out into the hall.

“Hey girls,” Arianna yelled before she came running down the hall. She was all bubbly and I laughed. “How was your first night?”

“Well Ava here already had her first date.” She hit my hip and I laughed.

“Where’s Keirsten?” I asked trying to change the subject.

“Oh, her and your cousin always meets up before breakfast.” She winked and I cringed.

“Ew, but it wasn’t a date. Zak and I just hung out.”

“Ohhh, it was you and Zak?” Arianna asked as she wiggled her eyebrows. I laughed and smacked her arm. We were outside walking towards the dinning hall and I could see the boys coming our way.

“Oh look Ava, your boy’s coming.” I laughed and poked her side. I could tell that Zak wasn’t there though; my heart gave a little drop.

“Shh, don’t say that.” They both laughed at me the boys walked over to us.

“Hello beautiful,” Adrian said as he walked over to Arianna, Derrick pulled Melanie aside and wrapped an arm around her. Blake waved and I smiled at him. We started to walk in and I stood near Blake and laughed as he told me a funny story.

There was already a bunch of people in the hall when we entered. Again, I could hear whispers and feel eyes on me. I just put my smile on and walked in and continued to talk to Blake. He really was a funny guy.

“Hey Zak,” I heard someone yell, my eyes suddenly flew up and caught the eye sight and he smiled. I smiled back and Blake looked up.

“Hey, I’ll talk to you later.” He said smiling and got up, he nodded to Zak and Zak said something to him. They both laughed and he made his way over to our table. The only empty seat was next to me, but that was a good thing.

“Hello Ava,” he sat sitting down and sliding a plate in front of him.

“Hey Zak, sleep in?”

“Nah, stupid cousin of yours turned the alarm off on me.” I laughed and he smiled. I pushed my hair behind me and started munching on crunchy bacon.

“How’s the food today?”

“Just as good as yesterday,” I grinned and pulled out my schedule to start memorizing it. He took it and glanced over it.

“I’ll walk you to your first class. I’m in that one too.”

“Thanks,” I asked, there go those butterflies again.

“Yeah, no problem,” He grabbed some bacon and started eating. I then turned and faced Arianna and started talking to her.

“Hey, we should go.” I nodded and say good-bye to the girls and grabbed my bag and left with Zak.

“You’re quiet today.” I noted as we walked towards the class.

“Just thinking about stuff,” He said as he waved to someone.

“Anything I can help with?”

He looked over at me and smiled, he then wrapped an arm around my shoulders and squeezed. “Nope, just keep being you.” I smiled and we walked to class, with his arm around me. My skin felt hot under his touch, but I never wanted the feeling to end.

He opened the door to the history building and we walked down a long hall. We came upon a class and he opened the door for me. We went and sat in the last row. I pulled out a notebook and a pen and dropped my bag to the floor.

“Excuse me, your sitting in my seat.” A snotty voice behind me said.

“No, she’s not Victoria. This class is free seating.”

“But Zak, we always sit next to each other.”

“Well, not this year.” She huffed and went and sat up front. She leaned over and whispered something in another girl’s ear, they both laughed. I rolled my eyes, no matter where you go, there will always be stupid girls.

“Sorry about that, she’s been trying to get me to ask her out for years.” I laughed and he looked at me.

“Sorry, girls like that just make me laugh. No matter what school I go to, there are always those types of girls.”

“How many schools have you been to?”

“Uh,” I held out my hand to count. He placed his hand over mine and laughed.

“I guess that story calls for another hill day.” I smiled and nodded.

“Hello everyone, I know it’s nice out, and we’re stuck inside this stuffy place, but it’s a glorious day for history! Hm, I see a new face out in the crowd, who might you be?” He asked standing in front of our row.

“I’m Ava Freemen.”

“Oh yes, Mr. Grant Freemen’s cousin I presume?”

“Yes sir.”

“Oh please, drop the sir. You may call me Mr. R. I dislike proper names, makes me sound old.” I laughed and he smiled and continued on as to what we were going to be covering this year.

“Now, study up chapter one, we will be having a discussion on Wednesday.” He handed us all a packet on the way out. I stuffed it into my book bag and we headed out to the warm sun. I fished out my sunglasses and slid them over my face.

“Oh, very fashionable,” Zak joked around, I pushed him and he laughed. He dug out some aviators and put them on.

“I love yours,” I took them off his face and slid them over my eyes. I smiled and made a pose for him.

“They look awesome, keep them. I got another pair.”

“Really, I’ll feel bad, take them.”

“Nope, their all yours,” He took them from my hand and put them back on my face. He took my other ones and put them on. I laughed and grinned at me. I dug out my camera and held out in front of us, he smiled and then made a goofy face right when it clicked. I turned it around to look at the screen and laughed.

“That’s cute,” Grant exclaimed, “but I’m stealing her away from you now.”

“Nope, you can’t have her.” He joked; he grabbed my hand and butterflies shot through my body.

“Well, we need to go to English, and you’re just so bloody smart that you’re in the AP class.” He laughed and squeezed my hand before dropping it.

“See you two at lunch.” He walked off with my sunglasses and I pushed his further onto my face.

“Hm, I think he likes you.”

“Yeah right,” I sighed and we turned towards the English buildings.

“How’s your day so far?”

“Good, you missed a good breakfast.” I said as I bumped into him.

“Nah, I’ve been here for three years, I’ve had my fill of breakfast. Trust me.”

Keirsten and Arianna came bustling in at lunch and sat across from us. Adrian and Derrick soon came in, followed by Blake, Derrick, and Melanie.

“Where’s Zak?”

“Oh, he never comes to lunch. He’s always outside, usually reading or sketching, or something.” I looked towards the door and scooted my chair out. I grabbed my bag and waved before heading outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think.

Comments? Subscribe?
Please and thank youu.