A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

I hope you feel guilty.

“Where’re we going?” She pulled me towards a black car. “My apartment, babe; where else?” She winked and unlocked her door. “Getting in?” She asked as she smoothed out her hair. I paused for a second to let the thoughts race by in my mind again. There was Bill yelling and shouting at me; Hailey crying and being pissed off; Haylen slapping me; Gustav and Georg yelling also. “Yeah, I’m getting in.”

Finally we arrived at her apartment; it was horribly ugly – looked sort of torn down. She lead me up a staircase or two, and then opened a door to her apartment. We both kicked off our shoes, and I took off my sweater. She grabbed my hand and pushed me onto the couch, attempting to kiss me. She was drunk; her breath smelled like alcohol. She began to undress herself. I felt guilty; how could I do this to someone? I love Hailey, I really do – so why am I doing this?

I sat up, and she instantly pulled me back down into a kiss. “I... I have to go.” I sat up again, shaking her hands from my back. “But why! I wanted you to stay!” She shrieked in a high, drunk sounding voice. “Well I can’t.” I grabbed my sweater and threw it on me again and slipped my shoes on. “Fuck I feel guilty.” I thought to myself as I left the apartment.

I caught a taxi back to the hotel where Bill was still at.

“Your back rather early?” Bill raised an eyebrow, curious. “Uh, yeah. I had a few drinks and then left.” I lied to Bill – if he found out he’d play the good guy and tell Hailey what I’ve done. “Yeah, I’m so fucking sure, Tom. Look at yourself and what you’ve done.” I thought about it for a second. “See Tom? Your good for nothing. Now tell her what you did tonight, or I will – and tell her all of it.” Bill was pissed now; I probably made things worse my lying to him.

“She text you goodnight, y’know.” Bill threw my cell at me from the side table. I checked the texts; there was one from Hailey – it read: “hey Tom, goodnight and I love you, see you tomorrow!” I decided to text her back; Bill had a point, and she deserved to know. I text back: “I did something horrible while your away. I’m so sorry and I love you.” I pressed send, and threw the cell across the room. “You shouldn’t of done that, Tom. She’ll be mad.” He picked up his notebook and began writing again. Was he actually still writing songs? It’d been about two or three hours by now; usually he’ll write for only a few minutes – maybe half an hour.

“I fucking know that, Bill. Shut up and go to bed.” I threw off my shirt and sweater and went to the bathroom to put some grey sweatpants on. I took off my hat and fell into the warm bed, and tried to fall asleep.

Bill turned on the television, and began watching another movie. It had Jessica Alba in it, so I decided to watch too.

After the movie was done, we were both asleep. I had a nightmare and woke up because of it. Hailey and everyone were pissed at what I’d done in my nightmare. They began to attack me like they were monsters. Fuck I have the weirdest dreams.

Finally after an hour of laying in bed, wondering what I was going to do when Hailey comes back, I fell asleep.