A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

I carry your picture deep in me.

Haylen and I were the first in the room, so we quickly changed to our PJs, and sat on the bed talking to each other. We talked about Bill and Tom, but mostly about what was going to happen after we left New York – without Bill and Tom. “I don’t think Tom will want to keep in touch, honestly. I mean he can say he loves me as many times as he wants – and yeah, I believe him – but I could tell anyone I love them and not mean it.” I looked at Haylen, trying to decode what she was thinking. Her face was rather blank. “Well Bill and I talked about it and” Haylen stopped there; we both heard the door open, so we pretended to talk about something else while the guys got settled.

“I need to stop back at the hotel we’re supposed to be staying at; I need more clothes.” Tom walked back out of the door. “Okay then; so we all have one more full day together.” Leave it to me to bring up some of the more “depressing” topics to talk about. “Bill sat on the bed beside Haylen, and pulled her into a tight hug. “Haylen and I will remain close; no matter how far apart we are.” Bill stated, closing his eyes. Haylen’s eyes began to water, but she didn’t cry. “Oh.” I managed to squeak out of my pursed lips.

Half an hour later, Tom was back. “So, what did I miss when I was gone?” Tom asked, throwing his clothes on top of mine. “We were just talking about the inevitable; we only have one full day here together.” Bill stated, cradling Haylen. I heard Tom swallow hard. I looked down at the bed I was sitting on, and tried to imagine him and myself together for a lot more longer. “I’m going to do anything and everything I can to remain close with you.” Tom swallowed hard again, wrinkling his eyebrows.

“I carry your picture deep in me, back to you of 1000 seas.” I heard Bill whisper to Haylen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short chapter. :)
Title credit - 1000 oceans, Tokio Hotel.