A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

Promises are forever - is this one?

He led me into a small jewellery store. “I want to buy you something.” Tom whispered into my ear, as he let go of my now throbbing red hand. He led me to the back, where a lady began pulling our rings of all sorts. “I bought this one for you.” Tom slid a diamond – studded ring onto my finger. I gasped out loud, my eyes watering. “I – I – Thanks Tom.” I stuttered, having tears linger in my eyes. I blinked the tears out, hoping they were unnoticeable.

“Just so you won’t forget this.” He mumbled just loud enough so I could hear him. There was no way I could possibly forget about this trip to New York. I met the best band in the world, and hung out with my favourite member! “Tom, I’m not going to forget you. It’d be much too painful for me to even try.” I whimpered, flicking away the tears. “Don’t cry, love.” Tom kissed my forehead, and led me back out of the store.

We managed to find Bill and Haylen just outside of hot topic. Haylen stared at me, probably wondering why I was still wiping away tears. I held up my hand, to show her my ring. “Your getting... married?” Haylen shouted, extremely shocked. I looked up at Tom and began laughing. “No no, it’s a ring. We aren’t getting married.” I began laughing loudly. “Actually Hailey, it’s a promise ring.” Tom rested his head on top of mine as we stood together. “Oh.” Haylen squeaked, smiling.

Tom wiped away the rest of my tears with a kiss; I looked at the ring, through hazy eyes and saw the diamonds sparkle. It was really amazing; I wondered what my friends would think of this. They’d probably think I was lying, and then never talk to me again. But right now, that didn’t matter because I still have Haylen; and I’ll always have Tom.

We walked around the NY times’ square for a while, and managed to find a small park. It was a different park, then the other park we went to. We found a large water fountain, so we sat by it. I sat in Tom’s lap, and Haylen lay on Bill. We talked about our last day together, and tried to think of things to do together. There really wasn’t much to do anymore. Besides, I didn’t want to move, because my stomach was getting worse by the minute. Tom kissed me, and we began to make out. Then it happened; there were large flickers of white everywhere.

The paparazzi were here.