A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

Chapter 7 - Tom; your hopeless.

“Uh, dude. Pretty is when girls are in those dresses that are really poofy looking, and have really exaggerated make up. Not in blue jaguar print skinny jeans. Stop kidding yourself, Tom.” I exclaimed as I walked back into the change room. It was extremely flattering and all, but come on! I’m definitely not some stupid groupie. Wait – I’ll just forget about it, that’s all there is to it. I walked back out of the change room with the jeans folded over my arm. Everyone – except Georg – was still standing around my change room. I looked at them and they all seemed surprised at my huge blow up on Tom. If anyone is horrible at taking nice comments, it’s me.

Haylen and Tom were looking at clothing on the other side of the store. Gustav and Georg were standing around talking to the cashier about something – it didn’t look too important. “He didn’t mean to.” Bill whispered as he approached me. “He really did think you looked good.” He added still whispering. “Well it’s just with his reputation and all... And besides that I don’t take compliments very well either.” I replied embarrassed. “Oh, well don’t yell at him next time. He was just trying to be a gentleman. And that doesn’t happen very often.” Bill admitted. “Yeah I guess I should apologize?” I asked, unsure what I should do next. “Yeah, that would be best.” He agreed.

I strolled to the other side of the store smiling at Haylen and Tom as I approached them. “Uhh, so... I’m sorry for the big blow up I had there. It’s just. Well... I don’t know.” I stated extremely embarrassed. “No problem, shit happens.” He smiled again. Haylen wandered off towards Bill who was looking at the jackets. There was an awkward silence between Tom and I. I felt my face getting hot again. I tilted my head towards the ground and my eyes peered out through my hair up at Tom, hoping he wouldn’t notice. Of course, he was staring right back at me though. He took my head in his hands and tilted my head upwards, once again. I knew what was coming next. He kissed me and for a few seconds; I felt like I was dreaming. His dreads rolled over onto my shoulder, and I pulled my head away. I felt like we were both being watched – which we were. Bill gave out a small and high pitched laugh, and I could hear him cup his mouth with his hands. Tom and I turned around and saw Bill with his hands over his mouth, standing beside Haylen who had her lips pursed together. Way to freak everyone out, hey? “mgrmh.” I mumbled without moving my lips. “Ah, let’s go to another shop now?” Asked Gustav who was walking towards us. “Yeah, let’s go.” Tom replied grabbing my hand.

Once we paid for Haylen’s clothing and mine, we were headed out for a quick lunch, even though it was around 4 o’clock. We stopped at a small cafe, and sat outside and waited for a waitress to come. We were all deciding what we were going to eat; I wasn’t having anything, except for a small milkshake, Haylen was sharing the milkshake with me, and the boys were all having junk food, like cinnamon buns. After nearly 10 minutes of waiting for a waitress, she finally came. “Hey, what can I get you?” She looked around at everyone at the table. She smiled hugely at Bill and Tom. I could feel my head getting hot again; I felt like a spaztastic kindergartener when she smiled at Tom. Bill smiled back, showing no interest in her at all. Now Tom on the other hand, was drooling over her. She was pretty and all, but come on. I guess I’d have to let this go too. “6 cinnamon buns, and 1 vanilla milkshake.” Georg ordered. “Coming right up!” The waitress said; She completely changed her tone of voice. It went really high, on purpose of course. And she winked at Tom too. Gaaa! “So, Tom. Whose your new friend?” Bill asked, sarcastically. He probably saw my face and how red it was. Maybe he noticed my clenched hands underneath the glass table also. “What? She’s a fucking hot waitress!” Tom announced to the table. I sat there biting my lip, hoping no one would notice. “Well you DO have Hailey sitting beside you.” Bill sighed. Tom was hopeless, really. “Um, well yeah.” Tom stated, confused. “But the waitress was hot!” he added. I picked up my chair and sat beside Haylen and Georg. I stuck my tongue out playfully at Tom, to show him I wasn’t extremely mad. However, I wasn’t so cool with being ignored for some “hot” waitress.
♠ ♠ ♠
ignore any spelling/ grammer mistakes, please. :)
read and review.