Such a Paradox

Pull Me Closer

I was in my bunk, writing down lyrics in my notebook, remembering last night. Pat knocked on the side of the wall my bunk was inverted in. "We're going to go look at apartments for rent so we don’t have to stay in this shitty bus, you want to come?" He asked me, smiling.

I shook my head, "No thanks, man, I'm beat. Plus, some alone time will be good, I'm writing stuff for the new album." He nodded and started walking away. He stopped, turned around to face me and then furrowed his brow.

"You won't be alone, though. Cami is staying here to get settled. But you guys already know each other and all...so, you'll be fine. Right?" He said, awkwardly shuffling his feet. I inwardly groaned, this is why I hated getting wasted. I nodded and smiled at Pat, who seemed to be convinced and walked away, waving.

Everyone left and I was left to myself in the bunk chamber since Cameron seemed to be watching television in the front compartment. The door opened and I pulled the curtain on my bunk back, Cameron stood there, smiling at me, "Hi Craig," she said, her voice was smooth and light.

I blinked at her, "Um, hi Cameron."

I jumped down from my top bunk and leaned against the wall nonchalantly. She put something from her bag into the empty bunk underneath Jason's. "So, last night was-" She looked back at me, her eyes wandering down, "-A lot of fun, at least, in my opinion. I hope you could agree."

I tried to take my eyes off of her but something about her wouldn’t let me. I smirked at her, shaking my hair off my face. My eyes strayed to her chest and I smiled, remembering last night. "Yeah, I agree." My eyes moved down her body, "I completely agree."

Well, hello sexual tension.

She moved closer to me and I met her in the middle, taking two long steps. She was in my arms faster than I thought possible, our lips attached again. I moved forwards until she was forced to sit down on her bunk. I straddled her on the bunk and she moved her hands up my neck and into my hair. She bit my lip and I groaned, the lust I was feeling was almost unbearable.

Soon enough, our clothes were on the floor again, just like last night. I could feel her under me, writhing with pleasure and I couldn’t help but smile a little cockily. She kissed the corner of my mouth and I brought myself closer to her. We had sex again and then I rolled off of her, kissing her neck. I was pulling my jeans back on as she peeked out of the bunk, "What does this mean?"

I sighed, "I have no clue, I really should stop. I'm sorry. I mean, I jus-"

She held up her hand as she stood up across from me, pulling her shirt on, "Stop, Craig. I wasn’t asking for excuses. I wanted to know if this whole thing was like having casual sex or you were looking for a relationship. I guess its casual sex, which is better for me since I don’t even know your last name."

I nodded, taken a back by her bluntness. She looked away from me and put all her clothes on and made her bed. I sat on Matt's bunk, the one under mine, and looked at her unpack. "It's Owens, you know."

"What's Owens?" She asked, muttering, shooting me a glance over her shoulder. Her green eyes locked with mine and I looked away.

I laughed, "My last name is Owens. What's yours? I vote we get to know each other."

She stopped putting things away and sat down across from me. Looking at me amused, she said, "I thought you didn’t want a relationship, Owens." I rolled my eyes and she just laughed.

"Who said anything about a relationship? I just like getting to know people. Especially people I'm going to be living with for a while."

She laughed again, she had a really nice smile. "Of course you do," She walked into the main compartment of the bus and sprawled out on the couch. I followed her and sat down next to her. She put her head in my lap and I played with her hair. It was oddly comfortable and not awkward, which is very unlike any situation I'm normally in. I guess she was just one of those people.

"Why did you come live with us?" I asked, and then backtracked, "Oh, wait. That wasn’t supposed to sound mean or anything. I'm just wondering; don't take offence to it, please." She looked up at me, "I'm sorry, I'm shit with girls."

"Don't worry about it, Craig." She laughed, walking her fingers up my arm. "I've been friends with Jason since high school and I'd been having some uh, problems, and I hadn’t been able to see him." She paused and looked at me, moving her hands to mine, drawing circles on my palm, "Anyway, he knew I needed some help and I didn’t have a safe place to stay and Jason said I could crash here." I smiled down at her, perplexed, "Thank you," she finished.

"Sure, sure," I nodded even though I wasn’t sure what she was thanking me for and I began wondering what her problem had been. The door handle turned and she shot up quickly, cussing and muttering something about head rush, and I turned the television on. We were so smooth. Jason, Pat, Matt, Derrick and Jason walked in, one by one, all saying something about the traffic.

"It's fucking four o' clock, we need to be at The Roxy in half an hour, let's go guys!" Bradley exclaimed, rubbing his temples. He had the darkest circles under his eyes; he always looked like such a crack addict because of his insomnia. I got up and went into the bunk room, putting on a new shirt and a white hoodie. Cameron followed me, grabbing a pair of shoes, she winked at me.

We all shuffled off the bus and into yet another cab, driving to The Roxy for our show tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is for zoe because she left the best comment (:
i hope you (all) like it very much!
comment + subscribe please?