Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Finger painting

The guys stared at the stage a bit confused lightly. Butcher looked over at Sisky who shrugged before he looked over at Tony.

“Why is there yellow, orange, pink, red and purple neon colors in the middle of the stage?” He asked slowly, Tony shrugged lightly lifting the walkie-talkie off his shoulder and relaying it into the pieces. They all waited, watching Tony.

It’s Six Feet Highs gear.” Rang through the speaker. The guys looked at it.

“Why’d they paint it?” Tony asked a bit confused.

How should I know mate?” The Aussie gasped dramatically through the walkie-talkie. “I mean they’ve got a five-foot nothin’ singer!” He added making the guys snort and laugh.

“So they’re here?” Tony asked.

A couple of them are, the oth’ahs left to do something, or whatever. I don’t know mate.” Tony nodded.

“Thanks man.” He added before staring at the gear parked on the stage between Hey Monday’s and All Time Low’s gear. “Alright, let’s get ours up there.” He stated turning around, the guys saluted and began moving there gear on the stage and leaving it like everyone else.

Will stretched his arms over his head as he stepped out of the venue. The soft breeze tugged at his hair as he opened his eyes, letting the bright sun hit them. He groaned softly as he squinted, letting his eyes adjust to the light. He stopped the second they had, before him several yards away was that small girl from Denny’s in a flowing white dress, her hair in her face as she laughed. One of the guys she’d been with the other day taking pictures as she tried to get her hair out of her face.

“That dress looks like it came out a nut house with how worn it is.” Mike stated staring at what Will was staring at.

“I bet they did that on purpose though.” Butcher stated as he headed for the bus. Mike shrugged.

“Well duh.” He added following him with the others. Will just stood by the door watching as Tony stayed at his side, looking between him and the pair taking pictures.

“She’s pretty.” Will whispered softly, glancing down at Tony before back at her as she stumbled falling over in the grass and flowers, laughing, the guy with the camera rushing over to see if she was okay or not.

“I think she’s too short for you.” Tony stated. Will frowned.

“I just said she’s pretty, I didn’t mean anything by it.” He huffed as Tony rolled his eyes wandering off. Will frowned at his back.

Jade giggled form her spot on the ground as she laughed. Oliver laughed down at her, taking a few more pictures.

“Let’s go, I’m done.” He stated waving her to follow. “I gotta go see if I can find Dan.”

“Him and Aaron left.” Jade giggled as she stood up brushing herself off. Oliver turned to her. “They had to go get something. They left the trailer though.”

“I need my laptop out of the van to upload these! Those fiends!” He gasped. Jade shrugging lightly as she smiled up at the bright blue sky.

“It’s so warm here for winter.” She whispered. Oliver nodded as he walked off, heading back to the trailer. Slowly Jade looked around, her eyes landing on the tall man from Denny’s. She blinked a bit startled by him standing near the door. “Oliver!” She gasped rushing after him tearing her eyes away from him. She clung to Oliver’s arm hiding behind him. She probably looked like a idiot falling in the grass and running around in her old dirty dress.

“What?” Oliver gasped down at her, a bit surprised by the action. She shook her head. “Did you see a cop?” He asked lightly. She shook her head. “Cops freak me out.” He mused.

“You left me.” She stated glancing around Oliver at the man a bit confused to why he was here still. Was she imaging him? He waved at her.

Will smiled as she ducked back behind the guy. She was a bit shy from what he remembered. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and watched as she peeked hid perfectly behind the guy, the only thing he could see was the flutter of her dress behind his legs. Laughing softly he turned wandering off to the bus.

“Hiya Will.” Will frowned at the two boys sitting on the couch of his bus, but he waved none the less. “Don’t look so down to see us!” He gasped.

“You’re sitting in my home… basically,” Will stated waving one hand as he pushed the other deeper into his small jean pocket. “at nine am, what makes you think I’m happy to see either of you?” He gasped. The two looked at each other before smiling back at Will.

“Because we’re awesome?” Jack asked lightly as he slung his arm around Alex’s shoulder.

“Barakat,” Will sighed. “Don’t make me strangle that thin neck of yours.” He growled at them. His good mood had instantly gone sour. It wasn’t that he didn’t like either one of them, it was just too early to deal with them.

“Yours is thinner than his.” Alex teased.

“I’m going to the back to get my toothbrush, put some toothpaste on it, and then I’m coming back here.” Will mused walking past them. “If you’re still here when I get back I’ll sick Sisky and Butcher on you two.” He stated.

“And then we’ll sick Jade and Jake on you.” They both chorused. Will turned around, that name sounded vaguely familiar. “Jade’s a little spit fire, she’ll out prank anything you guys can come up with.” They stated.

“Just get off my bus so I can have some peace, come back around noon and I’ll be more pleasant.” Will mumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Who’s Jade and Jake any way?”

“Singer and Guitarist of Six Feet High.” Will nodded heading to the back at that.

Jade sat on the ground drawing, her paints spread out around her in small little cups. She dipped her index finger in the red and slowly dragged it across the paper. She’d already been finger painting on it.

“Why are you using your fingers?” Jade shrugged not even looking up at the voice, she wasn’t even focusing. “Is it fun?” She nodded lightly before shrugging. “I’m Andy.” Jade paused, looking up at the man with broad shoulders, a big gruffy beard, and kind eyes that smiled down at her.

“I like your beard.” She giggled as she looked back down at her painting. “I’m Jade.” She added softly.

“You can call me Butcher.” Jade paused looking up at him. “Old nickname that just stuck, everyone calls me it.” He shrugged. “Not sure why.” He lied. Jade nodded slowly as he sat down across from her watching as she painted. He couldn’t see what she was painting in the thick finger lines she’d made out of the bright colors. “What’s it going to be?” He asked looking up at her. He swallowed as her large eyes landed on him it was like she was looking into his soul with those bright, emerald, oversized orbs.

“I don’t know.” She whispered with a shrug, a small smile tugging at her full lips. Butcher’s brows narrowed. “There’s no fun in knowing what you’re drawing.” She added looking down. “Just,” she shrugged her shoulders as she studied the paper. “Let your fingers and emotions figure it out, it makes you feel better and it makes the painting or picture so much better.” Butcher nodded lightly, smiling at her.

“Yeah, I guess your right.” He sighed. “So… how old are you? I’m twenty-four.” He added hoping she didn’t get mad at him for thinking she was messed up in some way. Slowly her eyes lifted to him again.

“Why?” She whispered, hesitant to answer. Butcher shrugged.

“I have questions I asked everyone. What’s your name? How old are you? What’s your favorite color? Do you wanna be my friend?” Jade giggled at him.

“I’m Jade. I’m Eighteen. I don’t have a favorite color, I love them all, and yes.” Butcher smiled at her with a small laugh. “Your turn, same questions.” She stated. Butcher laughed.

“I’m Andy, better know as Butcher. I’m twenty-four. I’m not really sure what my favorite color is, I really like the color red right now though.” He sighed clicking his tongue at her. “And I wouldn’t have asked if you’d be my friend if I didn’t want to be friends so it’s defiantly a yes.” He laughed. Jade giggled.

“Do you wanna paint with me?” She asked softly.

“I love painting.” Butcher gasped. She giggled at him and pointed at the bucket. He blinked a bit surprised.

“There’s more paper in there.” She giggled. He nodded standing and moving to it. He paused seeing the trailer behind her.

“Did you do this?” He asked softly looking at it. She nodded with a small hum. “It’s really good.” He whispered. “You must have been really happy when you painted it.” He stated grabbing the other paint book.

“No.” Jade mumbled, her voice low and scratchy. Butcher frowned at Jade as she glanced up at him. “Flowers only look happy and inviting but it’s only a front. Flowers are for sad and upsetting times.” She whispered. “They only look happy to make people smile when they’re upset.”

“Why do you say that?” Butcher whispered, a bit startled by her morbid tone. She didn’t seem like a Johnny Rain cloud or a Debbie Downer to him, she seemed more like a bright bubbly ray of sun shine.

“Have you ever gotten flowers on your birthday or anything else? You always see flowers when someone’s sick, when someone’s died. You give them to people when they’re upset to make them smile.” She huffed splattering red on the paper.

“Not true. Guys give girls flowers on dates, and those are happy occasions, they’re flowers at weddings.” He stated sticking his finger in the yellow and painting on the paper he had. Jade snorted lightly. “So what made you upset to paint those.” Jade stopped.

“Have you ever liked someone that could pick anyone to like and you know it’s not you?” She whispered up at him. Something about it made her want to open up to him and to ask someone else on the subject of her crush of the infamous William Beckett.

“Yeah, but what makes you think he won’t like you?” Butcher asked watching her closely as she painted, focusing on what she was doing.

“He has a lot of girls that like him, all of which are way prettier, smarter, and better than me.” She whispered, She’d looked at the line with all the girls wearing The Academy Is… stuff and talking about William Beckett and how amazing and hot he was.

“I bet that’s not true.” Butcher whispered.

“I bet you they could tell you what and how a cell phone works. I can’t.” She huffed with out thinking.

“Jade.” Jake stated sitting down next to her. “Sup dude I’m Jake.” Butcher waved.

“Butcher.” Butcher laughed softly at him. “I’d shake your hand but um… she Jedi mind tricked me into finger painting with her.” He giggled wiggling is paint covered fingers at Jake.

“She does that.” He laughed. Butcher nodded looking at Jade. He wanted to asked what she meant by the phone comment thing but he just wasn’t sure he could with Jake sitting there. “So what’s up?” He asked lightly. Butcher shrugged. “Do you know when we’re setting up and doing sound check at? I’ve been running around with a few people trying to figure it out.” Butcher shrugged lightly.

“Not a clue.” He whispered going back to painting, he had the strong feeling Jake was steering the conversation away from Jade and what they’d been talking about. It bothered him.