Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

evil smells

“Jade?” She hummed lightly, but didn’t look up as she sat on the ground messing with the phone everyone had gotten her weeks ago. She still hadn’t used it and she didn’t know how. Everyone in the dressing room was watching her, most of the people thought she was waiting for a text message and simply flipping it over in her hands again and again. “Jade...?” Her name was dragged out as she stopped flipping the open phone around in her hands and stared at the screen. “Jade Elizabeth Taylor!” Her head shot up at her full name. “Thank you.” Alex smiled at her.

“How do you know my whole name?” She asked softly.

“I love you, that’s how.” He laughed, not realizing she didn’t understand what he meant. To most people they would have assumed he’d done his research on the internet(which he did), or he’d done it the old fashion was and actually stalked her. “So I need your help.” He stated she nodded lightly waiting for him to go on. “Hold on, my plan is falling apart.” He stated holding a finger up as he moved to the door.

“Jack and Alex we’re called jerks today by two of the guys of The Academy Is...” He stated keeping it vague enough to make her frown. She didn’t like when people we’re mean to her friends. Alex looked at her.

“Who?” She huffed.

“Sisky and Mike.” Alex stated nodding his head as she stood up.

“Hold this.” She passed him her phone and whistled. Doug and Jake sat up form they’re spots on the floor instantly. Both high-fived as Jade left the room and followed in tow.

“What the fuck just happened?” Jack asked as he entered the room watching Jade, Jake and Doug pass him. Albert laughed loudly, clapping his hands as he leaned forward in his seat. “What?”

“You can’t tell Jade someone was mean to you, she attacks who ever it was viciously. She doesn’t like people being mean to her friends...” He stated trailing off and leaving the whole reason why to himself and the others in the room who knew. Jack and Alex high-fived lightly.

“Sweet.” They stated.

“No that’s really not good.” Aaron mused lightly, glaring at Dan who ignored the glare. “She could really hurt them. I mean...she didn’t grow up in the best house, or place.” He stated, narrowing his brows as he tried to find his words. “She knows violence and she has a very deep and evil place in her heart, despite the fact that she doesn’t show it very often. When it does show though it’s like... Satan fucking sent her.” Jack and Alex looked at each other and grimaced. “Exactly. She could really hurt them.” Aaron muttered.

“Should we stop her?” Jack asked softly.

“Too late now.” Dan muttered under his breath as Oliver came bursting in the room.

“Do you know what just happened to half of The Academy Is..?” Oliver gasped. Dan, Oliver and Albert rushed from the room leaving Jack, Alex and Aaron alone.

“Did I forget to mention she works quickly?” Aaron asked leaving the room past them.

“Shit.” They both swore following him.

Jade paused looking up at Butcher. She smiled grabbing his hand and leading him from the room. He looked back at the others and shrugged They all shrugged back.

“I wanna give you something.” She stated smiling up at him. He nodded a bit confused. A loud crash, several screams and swearing echoed out from the dressing room they’d just left. Turning he ripped his hand form hers, running back. Jade followed.

Butcher through the door open and watched as smoke poured out.

“Ew.” Jade gasped waving her hand in her face and stepping back as everyone in the room stumbled out. “What’d you guys do?” She asked a bit confused. They all shrugged. “Sounds like it hurt.” She added as Butcher shot of rapid fire questions about what was going on.

“We don’t know dude.” One snapped at Butcher. “Jsut sitting there chilling after you two left and them there was a bright flash of light, and smoke filled the room. I think Tony broke the table or something.” He added.

“Alright.” Butcher muttered softly running his hand over what little hair her had. “Guys this is Jade.” He added. She waved at them. “Jade these are my friends.” He smiled back at them. “Sisky.” He pointed at the man who’d snapped at him. “Mike,” He pointed at the one with dark hair, he’d been at Denny’s. “Chizz.” The blonde man waved. “And Tony.” He pointed to the last one standing there. She waved at them.

“What happened?” Dan snapped he grabbed Jade’s shoulder. She shrugged up at him. She hadn’t had a chance to do anything yet. “Did you...”

“Nope.” Jade cut in quickly stopping him. “I don’t know what happened.” She sighed. Dan held if frown back.

“What the...” Everyone looked up at the tall man near the open venue door. “Why does it smell like rotten eggs?” He questioned as Jade’s stomach tightened at the sight of him. His chocolate brown eyes hidden behind black frame glasses, his cloths fitting perfectly over his tall, thin, lanky form, and his dark brown slightly curly brown hair dishevel and messy.

“I think someone threw a smoke bomb in our dressing room.” Mike mused lightly.

“You can share with us.” Dan offered swatting Jade in the back of the head. She held her whine back and looked up at him a bit surprised. “Come on.”

“You all smell like crap.” William muttered softly. Sisky and Chizz glanced at each other before him. “What?” He asked.

“Tony get the door!” Sisky yelled as both grabbed his lanky arms. Tony blinked a bit surprised by the three struggling. “Get in the room!” Sisky growled.

“And people think I’m weird.” Jade snorted grabbing Butcher’s sleeve. “Come on.” She stated. He followed willingly knowing he’d be the next one forced into the smelly room.

“So what do you want to show me?” He asked feeling like he was six again having everything be a secret and being lead around by the hand.

“I want to give you something actually.” She smiled pulling him out side and rushing towards the van, Butcher stumbling along behind her.

“Yeah?” He asked. He never got anything randomly. She giggled climbing in the van and digging through her stuff. Butcher watched through the van window, remembering when he had once traveled in a van.

“Yeah.” She stated finding the thin piece of paper. She climbed out of the van and closed the door holding it up to him. He took it and looked at the rather detailed picture. “You didn’t finish your picture today so I thought you could have mine.” She smiled up at him, her arms tucked behind her back. Butcher smiled at the flowers on the paper.

“Thank-you, but it’s flowers.” He stated, she nodded. “Why’d you paint flowers?” He asked. Her smiled faded and she looked down at her feet. “Are you upset about something?” He asked, concerned for the tiny girl.

“I’m still a little upset about the fact that the guy I like won’t and doesn’t like me back.” She whispered he nodded.

“Well all you can do is be yourself and hope that changes their minds.” He stated slinging his arm over her shoulders and leading them back towards the venue. She nodded slowly. “So what’d you mean by your cell phone comment earlier?” He asked, finally having the chance to ask.

“I’ve never had one before so I don’t know how to use one.” She stated looking up at him. “I’ve been pretty sheltered, as Dan puts it.” She shrugged. Butcher nodded, made some sense.

“Oh. I’ll show you later.” He stated she giggled.

“Everyone’s already tried.” She stated. “Albert say’s I’m the unteachable of technology.” She stated with a loud laugh as Butcher muttered a soft confused what. “I can’t use a cell phone, I can’t use a computer or an iPod.”

“Oh my god.” He gasped as he pulled the door open. “You are the unteachable aren’t you?” She nodded, still giggling. “I’ll teach you all those though. I’ll prove this Dan wrong.” He stated. “Jsut don’t tell them, kay?” Jade saluted. “Sweet.” he stated heading towards the smoke bomb filled room.

“We’re the other way.” Jade pointed. Butcher held up a finger lightly as he opened the door. Jade watched as that man stumbled out of the room coughing.

“Hi Bill.” Butcher stated slapping him on the back. Will patted Butcher on the shoulder and stumbled away from the room. “Now you smell like everyone else.” Will flipped him off. “So which way Jadey-Jade?” Butcher asked Making Jade giggle and snort.

“You’re weird.” She stated spinning around and wandering off. Butcher looked at Will lightly.

“Did you just get called weird by a hyper, five-foot girl?” Will coughed, Butcher nodded.

“I like her.” He stated. “She made me a picture.” He added holding it up. Will nodded taking it from him. “It’s flowers.” He added snatching it back and following the small woman down the hall. Will frowned but followed as well.