Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

"Like Roses and Vanilla."

“You can’t keep them apart forever.” Aaron whispered leaning against the bus by Dan. Licking his lips Dan let out a deep breath watching the two talk animatedly.

“I don’t want to keep them apart.” Dan sighed softly. “I just don’t want him to find out and run away.” He muttered licking his lips. His eyes focused on Jade’s bright smile, she hadn’t smiled in days and it was all because of him. “Leaving her hurt and betrayed.” Aaron nodded slowly.

“Well he’ll find out one day and even if they’re as far apart as you can keep them, it’ll still hurt Jade to know he might not even look at her again in the same way.” Dan sighed with a small head nod.

“I know, but I want to prevent that. Even if I’m the bad guy.” Dan whispered.

“I think Will would be perfect for her. He’s tall, and he’s not clinically insane.” Aaron laughed. “Opposites attract.” He laughed, clapping his hands to try and help prove his point.

“I think Jade needs someone who’s a little insane so that they don’t run.” Dan whispered. Aaron sighed softly.

“Hey, I just said he’s not clinically insane. Never said he was completely sane. I’m just saying he’s not Jade, Jake, Sisky, Butcher, Alex, Jack, Doug…” Aaron paused as the endless list of names ran through his head. “You catch my drift right?” He asked softly watching Dan smile for the first time in days as well. “He’s not as insane as them but he’s still probably up there, I mean… look who he hangs around?” Laughing Dan nodded slowly.

“Maybe, but I need proof before I bow out. Once I know he won’t turn and run from her I’ll back out and let them live as happily ever after as they can get.” Aaron bobbed his head.

“I think I know the two freaks that can help us.” Aaron smiled lightly. Dan’s blue eyes lifted to him slowly, a smirk falling on his thin lips as the wheels in his head began turning.

“I knew I kept you around for a reason.” Dan nodded lightly clapping Aaron on the shoulder.

“What are right hand men for?” Aaron laughed. “Let’s go set this plan into motion all might mob boss.” He smiled softly as Dan blinked confused. “That’s was Zack, Jack and Alex of All Time Low think you are. This epic mob boss and the band is a cover for your drug dealing, killing ways.” He laughed following Dan towards the van. “That’s why you easily stepped up to that cop a week or so ago.” He laughed.

“They’re freaks.” Dan whispered softly. “If I were a mob boss I’d have this ‘epic’” He did finger quotes. “and massive leather chair I’d sit in all day long.” Dan muttered softly.

“Well you do like a good leather chair.” Aaron mused softly. “And there is that picture of Jade sitting in that one with us around them to fuel the fire.” Dan rolled his eyes as he swung the van door open.

“Rise and shine Dougy and you two.” He looked away from Doug’s sleeping form to a blanket shifting in the back seats. “Stop making out or having sex, you know the rules of the van. Besides.” He bobbed his head as Doug sat up slowly. Jake popped out of the blanket, bare chest heavy, and a small sheen of sweat appearing on his skin. “I need my pawns.” He smirked.

“Umm…” William rubbed the back of his neck, looking around the parking lot. He was constantly on edge looking for Dan. He didn’t want Jade to be pulled away from him.

“Umm…” Jade stated worrying her bottom lip. “I think we’ve talked about everything we can.” She whispered. William laughed.

“Not eve, I’m just,” He paused seeing Jake and Doug heading there way. Sighing he ran a hand through his hair as Jade turned to look at the two. Frowning she shrugged up at William.

“Atleast we got to talk for a while.” She whispered softly. William nodded lightly. He had so many questions he wanted to ask her, but he couldn’t in public. If someone heard some of his questions they’d know in a second and freak out.

“What up?” Jake asked lifting his hands at William. William waved at him nervously as Jake’s arm slung over his shoulder.

“You smell.” William coughed removing Jake’s arm and lowering it. Jake sniffed his underarm and shrugged lightly slinging it back over William’s shoulders. “Alright.” William coughed holding his breath and breathing as little as possible.

“We.” Doug slung his arm over William’s shoulders as well. “Dude,” He laughed looking around William to Jake. “You totally smell.” He laughed. Jake pulled away sniffing his arm lightly.

“Like Roses and vanilla.” William scoffed. He froze as the two gasped.

“Was that…” Doug leaned down looking William in the eyes. “Was that a joke?” he gasped.

“I think it was…” Jake stated. “Ah and you saw the closet scene didn’t you?” William nodded lightly. Clearing his throat Jake looked down at Jade. “Dan needs you, don’t worry you’re not in trouble.”

“Is he?” Jade asked pointing up at William.

“Nah.” Both waved their hands. Nodding Jade left quickly, rushing off down the pavement. “We’re dealing with him.” Both smiled at him. Grimacing William nodded.

“I don’t care what you do to me.” He sighed softly. “I’m still going to try and talk to her.” He stated boldly as his knees shook. In honesty Jake and Doug terrified him, even more so if they were sent by Dan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Success!
Took me forever to post this chapter, but it's finally out.
Dang sight kept logging me out.