Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

"This Never leaves this Room."

Jade swung her legs back and forth as she watched Hayley doing her hair next to her. They were on the road roommates. While all the guys crammed into two other rooms because Pete was too cheap to pay for more than three rooms in anything less than a hundred-and-fifty dollar hotel. Meaning no one else had enough money to front for another room and couldn’t find someone they were willing to split with for the night.

“So he hasn’t even kissed you?” Hayley mused, pushing the flat iron through her hair.

“No.” Jade pouted. Hayley put the iron down and turned to her confused. “I don’t know why. We still hang out and stuff, but he barely hugs me now anymore and he doesn’t even let me kiss me. He twitches away.” She whispered. Hayley turned the flat iron off. Her hair could wait.

“When did this start?”

“A week or two ago. The night we lost Jack to the crowd cause he followed Aaron’s dumb ass.” Hayley’s mouth dropped and she pointed at Jade’s frowning pouting form.

Screaming Hayley began jumped around.

“I have to tell everyone!” She screamed. Jade frowned.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jade whispered a smile on her face.

“you swore!” With that Hayley was gone. “Guys!” She began banging on one of the doors the guys were staying at. Jade stepped out of their room to watch Hayley, with half her hair flat the other half frizzy and curled, bang on the door. “Open up!”

“The Zombies are here!” Jake screamed from inside the room. “Let them eat here! Save ourselves!” He added. Hayley pouted.

“Fine I won’t tell you want happened to Jade!” She screamed.

“The zombies got Jade! Jack get the knifes and guns!” With that Alex threw open the door loudly and stepped out, frowning at Hayley’s hair. “Be gone demon!” She screamed slamming the door as Jack barreled out the door and slammed into the wall across the hall.

“Jade!” Jack pressed a hand to his heart. “You’re safe.” He breathed. Jade simply nodded, completely lost.

“Guess what else!” Hayley chirped. “Shut up! I know my hair’s funny!” She screamed as Jack crumpled to the ground, arms over his head, and begging for the ‘witch’ to spare him his life. “Jerk!” She kicked him.

“Don’t be mean!” Jade giggled.

“Fine I won’t tell him you swore with out meaning to and didn’t even realize it!” Jade twirled her finger sarcastically, confused.

“Oh my god! She’s sixteen!” Jack screamed. “William! She’s legal! You’re not a pedophile!” He screamed as he re-entered his hotel room, leaving both girls confused as hell.

“Do what?” They both whispered.

“Let me in!” Hayley yelled.

“Have you fixed your hair?” Huffing Hayley stormed back into Jade and hers’ hotel room and turned her flat iron back on.

“I’m confused.” Jade whispered softly.

“I’m going to get answers. But tell me what happened two weeks ago that happened after the show…” Jade sighed and told her softly. “Okay. Now I’m going to go talk to him and let you know.” Hayley smiled leaving the room once her hair was done.

Whining Jade crawled into bed and hugged her pillow close to her.

“So what’s with you and Jade? She’s all upset!” Hayley huffed.

“Do what?” William sat up startled.

“Yeah, you don’t hug her or kiss her anymore.” He groaned and rubbed the back of his neck. “And why is Jack calling you a pedophile?” She giggled. The room began to snicker.

“Because I feel like one.” He whispered. “I saw her changing and I’m a guy. She’s not mentally there and that’s when I realized I’ve been kissing and eight-year-old in a woman’s body…I…” he let out a breath of hot air. “I don’t even know if she thinks of it the same way I do!” He exclaimed. Hayley frowned.

“She does.” With that Hayley turned leaving as William rubbed his forehead.

“If this ends in tears you won’t have to worry about feeling like a pedophile, ‘cause I’m killing you.” Dan dead panned before lifting his book to his face.

“Amen.” Jake and Doug nodded. “Ooo…” they pointed at each other laughing.

“Sweetheart…” Hayley rubbed Jade’s back. “You’ve been with him a while now right?” Jade nodded weakly. “Months right?” Jade nodded again. “Well he’s a guy.” She tried.

“I don’t get it…” She whispered softly.

“He has needs…and he’s trying not to push them on you ‘cause he knows you’re not ready. You’re not their. He doesn’t mean to not kiss you or hug you he’s just trying to get those ideas out of his head.” Hayley cooed. Jade frowned over her shoulders at the redhead.

“What ideas?” She whispered softly. Hayley gnawed on her bottom lip.

“You have to promise me not to tell anyone what I’m about to do! I’ll never hear the end of it!” she whispered. Jade nodded. “Okay. Promise! You tell I’ll never talk to you again.” She stated in all seriousness.

“I promise.”

Jade sat up and watched as Hayley began messing with the TV.

“I’ll never hear the end of this.” Hayley whispered ordering the movie and putting it on her credit card instead of Pete’s. She wasn’t letting him get a hold of this information, he’d spread it faster than a wild fire in Californian. “Just watch.” She sighed as the movie began playing.

Jade’s eyes went wide and her cheeks flushed red as Hayley focused on the floor. The sound on low so the boys super sonic moan detecting ears wouldn’t pick it up. Hayley was still trying to comprehend why she’d ordered porn to explain sex to Jade instead of talking about it.

“That’s…That’s…”

“That’s sex.” Hayley whispered softly calling the front desk to make sure the movie was charged to her card and not Pete’s.

“That’s what he wants?” Jade whispered. Hayley sighed.

“It actually feels good and guys like it a lot. But unlike most guys William is respecting you by not pushing for it.” Jade licked her lips nervously. “Sex is a way to know someone better than anyone else ever will on a whole new level. To show them inner feeling and…it feels good to know they want to show you that too. And physically it feels good.” Hayley wasn’t doing sex justice really. She wasn’t sure how to explain it. She figured by the time she was having the sex talk she’d be a mother and had a couple years to think about how to say it.

“People…people do that?” Hayley nodded. “Do you?” Hayley’s cheeks with nuclear red at the comment.

“Yeah…” She whispered.

“So you know what you’re talking about…” Hayley nodded. “Do guys usually try and push for that?”

“Yeah. Not all guys see it as an action of emotion. Some see it just as an action that feels good. William’s not one of those guys. He wants it to mean something and he wanted to wait till your ready but at the same time you always being half-naked around him doesn’t help.” Jade nodded weakly.

“So he’s being nice…” She mused. Hayley nodded. “And I’m being selfish.”

“No you just didn’t understand. Jade you’ve spent most of your life behind white walls and cut off from the world. And you’re still learning that’s why he’s not upset with you and trying to find away to not think about that and push you into something you’re not ready for.” Jade sighed and rubbed her painfully red face. Hayley laughed and rubbed her cheeks as well.

“This doesn’t leave this room.” Jade giggled.

“Never.” Hayley laughed back as they both burst out laughing. The guys in the room over frowned at the sudden laughing from the girls, confused.

“I could’ve sworn, sworn on my life! There was moaning.” Jake stated, ear pressed to the wall like several of the other guys. “Sworn on my life.”

“Do you think they did it?” Josh Farro whispered softly, ear pressed to the wall too. The rest of the room frowned.

“I don’t think Jade knows what sex is…let alone how to do it with another woman.” Aaron sighed from the corner of the room. “You pervs, are probably just imagining it.”

“No…” They all whispered still listening to the girls laughing through the wall.