Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

The return

“I’m sorry.” Will stopped as Jade stood before him. He’d been looking for her for weeks and it seemed that that the tables had flipped. Now she was avoiding him and he was searching her out, when it had been opposite only a few weeks ago. He’d want to apologies for avoiding her and make amends to prove he really did care about her and explain himself.

He could only frown at her words as she stood at the opposite end of the room from him. Lowering his book he watched her nervous moments confused.

“No, Jade.” He sighed. “I’m sorry. I should’ve explained myself to you and not avoided you. I’ve been trying to talk to you for weeks now.” She began to worry his bottom lip and shuffled her feet at his words. “I…I over reacted when I should’ve have.” He stated honestly. Standing he watched as she backed away from him with watery sad eyes.

“I’m sorry.” She whined sounding heart broken. The tone alone scared her but her eyes terrified him enough to cause his breathing to falter and grow a touch ragged. “I…I…” Floundering, both her hands found the back of her hair as she took in ragged breaths herself and curled her shoulders inward to protect herself from him. “I can’t…” Shaking her head he watched as large tears began to run down her pale cheeks.

“You…what?” Will asked nervously. Biting his bottom lip he had an idea what she was saying but he wasn’t sure. He was terrified, he really truly cared about Jade and hoped he hadn’t screwed up.

“I can’t.” She choked out.

“You can’t what Jade? You can tell me anything. You know that…” Trailing off as she moved away from him with each step he tried to move closer to her he stopped. “I know why I avoided you, I was trying to not push you into something you’re not ready for. Hayley told me she told you that and what it was. I know you’re not ready for sex.” He explained. “I don’t think the two of us, together, as a couple are ready for it either.” Jade worried her bottom lip. “I want, if and when we get to that step it’s not just sex.” He breathed. “I want it to be more for us, and I want you to be ready for it Jade. If you’re not ready, you’re not ready.” He stated. Jade choked back a sob and he sighed. “Please don’t cry, Jade, please baby, you’re scaring me. Don’t cry. Why are you crying?”

“Everyone said you wouldn’t want me if I couldn’t.” She cried. Sinking to the ground the back of her hands covered her eyes as she cried. “I can’t. I…I…” Will was holding her in moments.

“I’m not leaving you.” Will stated strongly. “I don’t care if you’re not ready Jade. I won’t make you do anything!” he added just as strongly. “Just…don’t cry over it and don’t worry about it. When you’re ready, you are ready. Right now, you’re not.” She looked up at him still sniffling. “I’ll still be here for you. As long as you’re you I don’t care. I don’t need sex, I’m not one of those guys. I want it to mean something.” Jade sniffled rubbing at her eyes.

“You won’t leave me or not like me anymore?” She sniffled.

“Whoever told you that is a liar.” Will stated honestly. He also, honestly, wanted to find that person and punch them straight in the face for lying to her like that. “Jade, who told you that?” He asked. She just kept sniffling. “Jade?”

“Jenna.” She sniffed. Will hung his head. The Academy Is…’s new merch girl since their last one had an emergency to tend to back home. Sighing he hung his head and bit his lip. He and Pete were going to have a talk and Will was going to make sure if he couldn’t get her off the tour he was going to make her life hell with everyone else he could convince till she quit.

“She’s lying to you Jade. I’m not going anywhere.” Nodding Jade wrapped her arms around his tightly. Rubbing her back he held her close as she cried. “I wouldn’t do that to you. I care too much about you.”

“I don’t want to lose you.” She cried. Will’s heart broke and rose at that. He hated hearing her cry, it broke his heart, but hearing her say she wanted to be with him, even knowing why he’d avoided her made him happy.

Picking her exhausted form he took her to his bus and placed her in his bunk, getting odd looks from his band mates. Sighing he crossed his arms after tucking her in and closing the bunk door. Rolling his jaw he tried to find the right words without sounding horrible.

“Everything okay?” Butcher asked confused.

“Jenna told Jade I’d leave her if she didn’t have sex with me and that’s why she’s been avoiding me because she’s not ready.” The room went silent. “Jade just cried herself to sleep because she was terrified of that.” He snapped bitterly. “So, no. Not everything’s okay. I’m pissed.” Will stated. “now if you don’t mind I’m going to go find Pete and Dan.” Nodding he headed off the bus.

“Dead merch girl walking.” Sisky mumbled. The rest of the bus nodded.

Rolling over Jade stopped as she touched someone. Opening her eyes she sat up looking at William sleeping next to her soundly asleep. Smiling she moved closer and tucked in under his arm while wrapping her arms around her tenderly. She wasn’t sure if this was real or not, or if he’d simply get up and walk away from her the second she touched him. He simply shifted and wrapped his arms around her with a groan.

“Stop moving.” He mumbled into his pillow. Giggling Jade hid her face in his chest. “Jade.” William groaned irritated. “Please?” He pressed. Jade looked up meeting his dark gaze and flushed. “What?” He asked confused.

Jade glanced up at him again and quickly gave him a quick kiss. Laughing William kissed the top of her head as she hide her flushed red face into his side. Pulling her closer he tried to snuggle down into the thin bed and bedding of the bus bunk and holding her close to him. Jade moved up towards him and kissed his chin with a giggle.

“Go back to sleep.” He grumbled trying to hide his happiness. Jade pouted.

“I’m hungry.” She stopped and giggled as William’s stomach grumbled. Patting his stomach she crawled over him and out of the bunk. “Come on.” She danced light in place watching him still in his bunk. “Food!” She stated before rushing into the other room and stopping.

Everyone stopped talking and looked at her with wide startled eyes. Waving nervously she squeaked at the hand on her shoulder. Looking up at William she sighed letting her shoulders drop muttering that he’d scared her. William only laughed and nodded at the others.

“What’s going on?” he asked confused. Jade nodded.

“Nothin’.” Jake, Jack, Alex, Pete, Sisky, Butcher, Doug, Jeremy, and Hayley all stated at the same time trying to all sound bored.

“Pfftt, lairs!” Jade giggled. They all stared at her amused. “But I don’t care, cause I’m hungry!” She stated walking through the room and out of the stationary bus. The room watching her as she left.

Dancing around outside she waited and began counting. Everyone started exiting twenty seconds after she had. Giggling she watched them all crowd around, already arguing over where to go eat. She giggled wildly and took William’s hand as he stepped up next to her. Watching him for a few moments as he joined in the argument with the others she giggled and looked around. Her smile faded seeing Jenna. Glancing back as William she stepped closer and bit her bottom lip.

All Jade wanted to know was why would Jenna, who seemed so nice and honest, lie to her? Did Jade give her a reason to lie to her? Did she make Jenna mad or angry? Or was Jenna just really that mean while faking kindness like Victoria used in the asylum. That thought alone made Jade instantly start to distrust the woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, I got rid of the writters block on this one and sorted out all the kinks in the plot line. :)