‹ Prequel: Looking For a Lifeline

Hollywood ***

The Battle's Just Begun

Still Melody’s POV

I’ve been working half days with Avenged Sevenfold and Fred for the past couple of days now. After showing the house to James and my dad, I finally had put an offer on the house. Luckily enough, since I offered full price on it, the sellers accepted it and the house is mine. So, I’m actually having the tea room, yes there is a tea room in that house, changed into a studio so I could do some work without leaving home. I work half days just so I could check up on the construction on that and go furniture shopping with Stormy.

Speaking of my step-sister, Stormy and I were going around furniture stores looking at stuff that I could possibly want in my house. So far, we ordered beds, dressers, and a desk for a study for me. Next, we were going to go to the animal shelter to look at dogs. I said that I was going to buy myself a dog or two so that I’d have some company in the house.

There was no way in Hell that I’d be living in a house alone without some kind of pet. I think I’d go insane if I was by myself.

“So what do you think of these couches,” Stormy asked, pointing to some black and white ones.

“I like those,” I said, looking at them, “Order these as well.”

“It’s a good thing that you make enough money to pay for these or dad would be throwing a fit.”

I laughed at Stormy’s statement. It was so true but I work for my money so I’ll spend it on whatever I like. Our dad was fine with whatever we bought as long as we used our own money to pay for it.

“You won’t believe who Brian is now dating,” I said as we looked at the tables.

“Who?”

“My stupid whore of a half sister.”

Good thing she wasn’t drinking anything or she would have spat it out in shock. And knowing my lucky, her drink would have been spat all over me. “No fucking way,” Stormy said in shock, “Kaytee? Ew, I thought she works as a stripper now.”

I snorted instead of laughing. Stormy always knew how to make me laugh, even if she didn’t mean on doing that.

“Yup but I guess it works considering she doesn’t know how to close her legs.”

“You are so mean,” Stormy said as I filled out wrote down the table on the list of things I was buying, “But she does deserve it.”

“A whore of a mother gave birth to a skank of a daughter.”

I walked into the studio after I had put out my cigarette, stepping on it as I got out of my jeep. Part of me was dreading seeing Kaytee but I could look at the fact that today was the day I was moving into my house. In fact, Tommy, Nikki, Vince, and some other friends were going to help me unpack along with my dad, Stormy, Paul, James, and Kat.

“I should quit smoking soon,” I muttered as I opened the door.

James was not with me today. He was picking up the puppy I had bought. Yes, after going to several shelters, I found the perfect dog: a little Rottweiler boy that I still was going through names to call him. Now, I got some company in my new house.

“Hey, Mel,” Liz called as she and Zacky were playing a game of Blackjack.

“Hey, Liz,” I replied as I sat down.

Sure enough, there was Kaytee sitting on the couch with her arms cross, glaring at me. I just gave her the finger as I checked on my schedule. I was going to finish up the Papa Roach album and then do some recording with Hinder, not too bad. It’s not like I have a bunch of bands lined up and everything. Just two bands, go on break and tour with Motley Crue again, and then I get to do whatever.

“So when are you moving into your new house,” Fred asked as he walked over to me.

“Actually, today,” I said with a smile, “Everything’s all finalized, construction is done, and furniture’s in. My dad and a few of his friends are also stopping by because we need to make it official by partying there tonight.”

“So you party your first night in your house,” Kaytee said, “That’s stupid.”

“Actually, you’re the epitome of stupid,” I snarled but calmed myself as I looked at everyone else, “You all are invited. I know Nikki’s going to be barbecuing and Tommy might be starting a riot, but it would be fun if you guys went.”

Dead silence filled the room for a couple of minutes as they soaked up what I said. I thought I was being friendly and polite but instead, I tend to shock them. I guess me being gone for eleven years has caused them to be shocked with whatever I do or say.

“Another chance to party with Motley Crue,” Matt said, standing up, “We’ll take it!”

“It sounds like I was trying to sell you something and you just decided to buy whatever I was supposedly selling,” I admitted as I adjusted my watch, “I just invited you to a party. All of you.”

My eyes narrowed as they landed on my half-sister. There was no way in Hell that I was going to let a chance to make her life Hell just slip away. Brian may suffer the consequences as well but right now, I didn’t care. He had no idea how badly it hurts for me to watch him to kiss one of the people who made me want to just shoot myself in the head.

Luckily, spending time with my father forced me to control my temper. James helped with that as well but then again he helped me cope with some tragedies in my life.

Would Brian be the same with me if he knew what happened?

Ah, the little voice in my head returns. And to answer that question: I believe not. He’d probably act like James and be all protective over me and everything. Either way, I wasn’t going to tell him.

Don’t you wish it he was? Don’t you wish that he would comfort you like James did, or even Jacoby?

Again, I believe not. I’m not going to mention anything. Why am I dwelling over Brian?

Because you care. But don’t you wish-

“I’m arguing with myself. That must mean I’m insane,” I said out loud, ending the conversation with that little voice.

“You okay,” Val asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

I just glanced at her and smiled in response, “Everything’s fine. I just have a feeling that there might be some other guests at my house tonight.”

Brian’s POV

Something told that this was not the first time that Melody had lost herself in her thoughts and just said that she was arguing with herself. If James was here, he’d probably worry again but he was not here. Actually, I had to wonder where he was but he might be helping with moving stuff into Mel’s new house.

Speaking of James, I finally figured why he called Melody “Belle Mel.” It seemed fitting when I found out that Belle was the French feminine word for “beautiful”. Obviously, he still cared about her enough to still use his pet name for her. Even though there are resemblances between Melody and Kaytee, Mel was different in her own way. Everything about her just appealed to me. Damnit, why does she have to look so good?

I had my arm around Kaytee’s waist as we walked outside, reading to follow Melody to her new house. Again, she drove that jeep of her’s. So far, I have learned that she owns at least three cars: a Shelby Mustang, a Lamborghini Murciélago, and a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (the four-door kind). I was curious to know if she had other kinds but probably not. Even for one person, three cars is a bit much.

Like Michelle, everyone hated Kaytee but no one could match the rage Melody felt for her half-sister. She hates her so much that she honestly refuses to talk to me if I’m near Kaytee. I was beginning to wonder if dating her half sister was worth Melody’s rage against us. Yet, there was always something in me that kept me keeping Kaytee around. I think it’s the fact that I don’t know if Mel’s with James or not.

“I don’t even know why you are going to a party that she’s having,” Kaytee said, sneering on Mel’s name as she said that.

“Melody’s always been one of my friends and it was nice of her to invite us,” I answered, turning the ignition and following Mel’s jeep.

“Still, she’s such a freak. I mean, who in their right mind would get that many tattoos and prance around dressed like that,” Kaytee spat, “It’s so disgusting.”

I said nothing because I was in no mood to argue. I liked the way Melody dressed and all those tattoos that decked out her body. Mel looked good despite what Kaytee said. If Jimmy or Leana was here, Kaytee would be getting a huge rant from Jimmy and probably a slap in the face from Leana. I think Liz would actually physically get into a fight with her.

After around ten minutes of driving, we finally came towards Melody’s new house. She lived right on the beach which was awesome. It was white and there was a lot of glass, giving it that “open” feeling. Sheesh, Mel knew how to pick her house.

Sitting in the driveway was her two others cars, which made Mel smile. Lining the sidewalks were several other cars but there were three that stood out: a Bentley, a Ferrari, and a Porsche.

“Damn,” Jimmy whistled as we walked pass them, “Nice cars.”

Mel just looked at them and sighed, “The Crue is here.”

We followed her into her house. From what we saw from the glassy walls, there were already people there. People we knew, people we didn’t know where already partying in Melody’s house.

“Belle Mel’s back,” James called as he ran towards her.

“Hi, James,” Mel said as she gave him a hug, “I see you all unpacked everything.”

Indeed, everything was unpacked and placed. Couches were in place as were the tables and chairs. Paintings adored the walls as were various pictures. Damn, she had a great view of the ocean.

Tommy Lee came in, wearing an apron, and yelled, “Dudes, there are ribs! Eat and get fat!”

One of Mel’s friends, Josie, and Mel looked at one another and immediately bolted towards the backyard. James started laughing as he motioned for us to follow him to the backyard. “That’s good, she’s eating again,” he muttered, “I was getting worried.”

“What do you mean by that,” Lacey asked, “Does she not eat or something?”

“Oh, when she gets stressed, she tends to not eat,” James responded.

Somehow, I believed that’s not the only reason why Mel is like that but I shock it off. She probably won’t tell me just because of Kaytee.

Glasses and bottles were raised as the Beastie Boys’ Fight for Your Right (to Party). The guys of Papa Roach were there as well and Jacoby and Melody were laughing as DJ tried stuffing his face with potato salad. I can’t believe that they are totally fine with each other, in fact, they act like they’ve been best friend for years. Here I was, her best friend in high school and now she refuses to talk to me. I’ll admit it: I’m jealous.

To make things worse, there’s James wrapping his arm around her shoulder, laughing as the three of them raised their bottles of beer. I don’t know if they’re together or not but either way, its driving me insane!

“Can we go,” Kaytee asked as she tossed her bottle of water in the trash.

Melody whispered something to Jacoby as her eyes shifted to me and Kaytee. Jacoby started laughing as he ran inside. James handed Melody the megaphone that was sitting on the table and she turned it on.

“Hey, Jacoby wants to reveal the new single off the new album! All opposed raise your glasses slash beer bottles!”

The only one who was opposed was Kaytee and obviously, she was over-ruled. Jacoby came back with Melody’s laptop and a couple of wires which Mel used to hook up her laptop to some of the speakers. A song started playing as Jacoby grabbed the megaphone.

“This song, I know a lot of you have heard, is dedicated to all the sluts and whores in the world. Bitches like Paris Hilton and skanks like Melody’s half-sister, Kaytee!”

Kaytee screamed at Jacoby who was laughing with Melody. In fact, Mel had a smug look on her face as she flipped her half-sister the bird. I had to bite my lower lip to keep from laughing. I thought it was funny but then I recognized the song. Papa Roach played it during Cruefest and Jacoby called it Hollywood Whore.

Awake by noon, drunk by four
Sucked up in the showbiz
You’re so lame, your such a bore
I wanna kick your teeth in
Plastic smile to match your style
We can tell you got a face lift
You’re so vain, oh so vile
You’re a number one hit

Hollywood whore
Passed out on the floor
Can’t take it no more
I’m sorry but the party’s over
The talk of the town,
Is she’s going down
I’m sorry but the party’s over


Kaytee’s jaw dropped when she heard the song. She was pissed that her half-sister would do something like that but from what I saw Melody react to Kaytee, it seemed like that was only the tip of the iceberg. Melody smirked as she grabbed the megaphone from Jacoby. “You started it when you came back into my life, Kaytee. That was only a taste for what I have in store. The battle’s just begun.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Melody's new house house

Also, if you haven't heard it, Papa Roach's awesome song Hollywood Whore. Those two stanzas are my favorite