‹ Prequel: Looking For a Lifeline

Hollywood ***

Goin' Out Swinging

Melody’s POV

We all sat on the various couches in the room. I sat in a sideways position with my back leaning against the arm of the couch and with my legs on Jacoby’s lap as I started tuning the first of the five guitars I had to tune for my dad. Yeah, my dad had five guitars per set which was fine and dandy until he wanted me to tune them. Sure he can do it himself but I don’t mind doing it. Hell, it was amusing for me to see how out of tune each guitar had gotten when we got to a new city. The things that were interesting to me…….

Nikki was sitting on the couch, playing around with his bass as Tommy sat at his back-up drum set we had set up in the back. Don’t ask why we have drums set up back stage, we just did. Tommy liked having drums back stage so that’s what we had when we got to a new venue. Dad was sitting next to me, drinking his water, as Vince was being random and dancing around to some random song that was playing on the radio. I have no idea why but it worked. DJ and James were hanging out with us as was Chris and Josh. Fred and Avenged Sevenfold hung out as well, just chatting with Kat who was poking Nikki every five seconds. It was pretty funny watch him attempt to tune his bass while his girlfriend poked him none stop.

“Belle Mel, we got an interview,” Jacoby said as he tugged on a piece of thread that was hanging from my jeans, “And you’re totally coming with me.”

I looked at him and started laughing. He was confused for a bit then realized why I was laughing. You got to love the random inside jokes we have. It shows that I have been around the guys too much. He wasn’t the only one who figured it out too as Kat said, “Sheesh, you really have been around the guys too much.”

“Not my fault that I can take whatever he says and make it sound perverted in my head,” I protested, “It’s all Tommy’s fault!”

“Hey, I’m not the one who figured out how to relieve an erection when my girlfriend’s gone,” he yelled, pointing a drum stick to Jacoby who started laughing.

I looked at him as I grabbed the second guitar that I needed to tune; “Now this I have to hear.”

He just laughed and said, “Seriously? I’ll tell you later.”

For my response, I rolled my eyes as I glanced at Jimmy and everyone else. They were just in plain awe that I was here, chilling out with Motley Crue, as if it was nothing. For me it really was nothing just because I grew up knowing these guys. Hell, I used to live with fucking Mick Mars! Then again, he is my dad. Oh well, it worked it my head.

I vaguely remembered Michelle, Val’s twin from those days long ago. She hated me for some reason and avoided talking to me. Hell, her favorite thing to do was to glare at me every chance she got. In return, I did the same because I really had no heart in me to confront her about it. Jacoby rubbed my leg and I knew that he was upset that I was going to be leaving after this leg of the tour. I had work to get back to and I was also feeling caged up being on a tour bus majority of the time.

Brian was quite as he glanced around at the random people that walked through. He didn’t say anything which was fine with me. I’m guessing that he thinks I’m mad at him for what happened but in truth, I really am not. I just was a bit upset but I got over that. I learned to let things go to get along with life. It’s not healthy after all. The only thing that I haven’t let go is my nature of not talking to my mother and my step-father. Otherwise, the whole Brian thing, I’m done dwelling over. It just makes talking to him really awkward, that’s all.

“Hey, Jacoby Dick,” Tobin yelled as he walked by, “We’re ordering pizza, what do you like?”

“I like it when my lady is on top and her boobs are right in my face as we fuck the night away,” Jacoby absent-mindedly said as I tuned another guitar.

That’s when I instantly stopped what I was doing and looked at him; my eyes were wide in shock and my jaw had dropped to the ground. Tommy dropped one of his drum sticks and Vince stopped doing his random dancing and stared at Jacoby. Kat and Nikki’s jaw dropped as my dad instantly started staring at the ground, not wanting to look at Jacoby. Actually, everyone started looking at him as he asked, “What?”

“He was asking you about pizza, dipshit,” dad said, “Not what your favorite sex positions with my daughter are! Now I need to wash my brain.”

I slapped Jacoby’s arm as he started laughing again, “Whoops, I wasn’t fucking listening. I thought we were talking about sex, not pizza.”

“Obviously! Thanks for announcing to the world what you like to do at night,” I yelled.

He just grinned and said, “Wait until you hear what I’m going to do when you’re gone, Mel.”

Before I could ask what Jacoby meant by that, he leaned closer to my face and whispered, “Are you going to show your dad the new ink?”

I nodded, smiling, as my dad took his medication. He had no idea what was going to happen real soon and that made me happy. Nikki glanced at my dad and nodded at me, knowing what was going to happen.

Brian’s POV

“Okay, dude, how old was I when I first met you,” Nikki asked Mick as we all gathered before Cruefest officially stated.

“Uh, seventeen,” Mick answered.

This was the big reveal. Nikki had gotten a tattoo of Mick Mars on his leg and was going to show him today as was Melody who was standing next to Nikki. Both of them had gotten them done by Kat who was sitting on the couch behind them, anxiously waiting. Melody was actually chewing her lower lip as Nikki continued his whole little speech before they revealed their tattoos to him.

“You have always been my favorite guitarist in the whole wide fucking world and I love you so much so,” Nikki said, unbuckling his pants.

Mick instantly turned to look another direction as he used his hand to block out Nikki. If I didn’t know what was going on, I would have been disturbed as well. No matter how much I care about my best friends, I wouldn’t want to see any of their dicks. “I don’t want to see your damn dick man!”

“I’m not going to whip out my dick,” Nikki laughed, “I want to show you that I got your portrait tattooed onto my leg.”

With that, Nikki dropped his pants, revealing this kickass tattoo of Mick Mars on his leg. Mick was in total shock as he looked at it, surprised. Without saying anything, he just hugged Nikki who hugged him back.

“That’s the reaction I’m looking for,” Nikki said, “Now your daughter would like to have a few words.”

We all turned to Melody who still chewing on her lower lip. She also had gotten a portrait of her father and was going to reveal it today but obvious, she was a bit nervous about it. “You have a portrait of me as a kid on your arm,” she finally said, looking at him.

“I know I do,” Mick said, totally confused with his daughter.

Kat grinned as Nikki sat down next to her. Jacoby was sitting on the folding chair behind Mick, watching, as the other members of Cruefest stood in various areas of the room, watching this whole spectacle. Mel sighed as she adjusted one of her many bracelets.

“So I decided that it wasn’t fair that you got me tattooed on you so I got a portrait of you tattooed on me,” Melody said as she turned around and pulled her hair to the side, “So ha!”

There, on her shoulder blade, was another portrait of her father. He was playing the guitar, rocking out, wearing that infamous top hat. Mick just gave his daughter a hug as he said, “Aw, Melody River Romanov is the best daughter anyone could ask for.”

“Awesome.”

“You know what I’m sick of hearing about all the fucking time,” Jacoby asked the crowd as they finished playing Forever, “I’m sick of hearing about all these fucking cunts like Paris Hilton and sluts like Britney Spears in the fucking news!”

The crowd roared as they agreed with him. Hell, I agreed with him; I really was sick of hearing about how fucked up the Hollywood celebrities were. Michelle glared at him as she said to me, “They’re just misunderstood!”

“No,” Liz said, “They are fucking morons.”

Melody looked at her and hugged her, “Now I remember why I fubben’ missed you the most next to Jimmy!”

Liz laughed and just answered, “It’s because I’m totally fubtastic!”

Oh, that word “fub”. It was a sure sign that we weren’t forgotten to Melody. That word came into existence for them when Melody butchered how to say the word “fun” one day and it came out as “fub”. From that point on, they turned it into a common term and used it as much as they could in a single sentence.

“Anyway, this next song is going to be from our new album which hopefully will be dropping real soon. This next song is dedicated to those fucking dumbass cunts in this world,” Jacoby said as he walked to closer to the end of the stage.

Melody started laughing as she and Val screamed their heads off as they agreed with Jacoby. No one aside from Jacoby Shaddix would be crazy enough to say that.

The Motley Crue set was fucking amazing. It started off was Kickstart My Heart and was just pure chaos and amazing-ness from there. Josie looked so fucking hot in that outfit during Girls, Girls, Girls and I shamelessly was thinking about Melody wearing it, but then I remembered that she was dating Jacoby. The lucky bastard was dating her which made me extremely jealous. Hell, a lot of guys whistled as Josie came out in that short leather skirt and matching leather shirt that was also skin-tight. Damn, Motley Crue knows a lot hot girls.

Everyone sung along to all the songs that they knew, except for Melody, Liz, and Kat who knew all the songs. Even stuff from the new album, they knew. The only song I heard from the new one was Saints of Los Angeles and I still need to buy that CD.

Speaking of the awesome single, watching it live was fucking KICKASS! When the singers of the other bands came out at the end was fan-fucking-tastic. Josh, James, Chris, and Jacoby just killed it as they rocked out with Vince, Tommy, Nikki, and Mick. Man, being on stage with Motley Crue would be fucking amazing.

The encore song, Home Sweet Home, was a great way to end this stop of Cruefest. Kat, Melody, Liz, Val, Leana, and Jimmy all stood side by side with their arms around each other’s shoulder, swaying back in forth as they sang along. It was a funny site just because during that action, Melody dug through her bag to get a cigarette and a lighter. When I saw that, I was dead surprised just because she now smokes. What else does she do?

“Why are we waiting,” Michelle asked as we gathered backstage before we left.

Everyone was packing up and loading things onto the tour buses. Mel and Kat had disappeared but I figured that it was to say their farewells to their boyfriends and Mel’s dad. The thing was we didn’t see Mel for awhile because as soon as Cruefest ended an hour ago, she disappeared. Apparently, Kat knew where she went but wouldn’t tell us. I had my speculations considering Jacoby was also missing.

“Because Melody and Kat are saying bye to everyone,” Jimmy answered.

“Bitches,” she muttered.

Val and Leana scowled at her as Liz and Lacey glared at her. “Look who’s talking,” Liz spat as she moved away from her.

Michelle just made a face and huffed. Melody finally appeared and it looked like she took a shower and was wearing different clothes, carrying her bags with her. Jacoby looked like he was in a good mood and had a dopey smile on him. There was only one reason for this……..

“You guys had a good-bye fuck,” Zacky asked.

Jacoby smirked as he helped her carry her bags and placed them into the trunk of her mustang. Melody didn’t say anything but had a smile on herbeautiful face. Everyone followed us to the back where our cars were parked; the guys of Buckcherry and Trapt giving Melody hugs in farewell.

“Before you leave, we want to give you some stuff,” Tommy said.

“I’m not moving to Australia! Sheesh, this is just like when I left for college,” Melody said, hunting for her keys.

“That was the worst,” Vince said, “But we all want you to have these.”

Tommy handed her a pair of his drumsticks, Vince gave her one of his bandanas, Mick handed her one of his guitars, and Nikki handed her a picture that he took of her and Jacoby sometime in the past. Melody just looked at them and said, “You’ll see me in a month!”

“But you’re the official first Motley Crue brat,” Mick said, “And we also forgot to get to get you stuff for your birthday.”

Melody rolled her eyes as she took the gifts and placed them in her trunk. “You guys are so odd but thanks,” she said.

“And I want you to have this,” Jacoby said taking his leather wristband and handing it to her, “Because you’re awesome and my lady.”

“Aw,” Val said, “He’s awesome to her.”Damn him, the lucky jerk

“Bye Coby Noodle,” Melody said as we all started to get into our cars, “Bye, guys. Bye dad!”

This time, it was Kat, Michelle, and Me who was riding with Melody. She was going to be stay at Kat’s place until Cruefest was done because she lived with her dad. Michelle made fun of her about it but it was understandable because she helped take care of him.

“Bye, Melody,” they all chanted.

She got into the driver’s side of her mustang and turned the key in the ignition. It was obvious that she was going to miss them. A sigh escaped as she reversed it and started heading towards the exit as Matt followed her in his SUV.

“Good-bye, my lover,” Jacoby yelled.

She waved back and turned on her stereo. Instantly, Motley Crue’s Goin’ Out Swinging started playing and she smirked, “There is no other perfect way to leave the loudest show on Earth.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy fubben Halloween everyone