Sequel: Where Did You Go?

I Am Wrecking This Evening Already and Loving Every Minute of It

The Mean All Played Along to the Marching Drums

Another turning point a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time


Mara sang softly as she carefully arranged her giant teddy bear on top of her bed in her room back in Chicago. She was so bored that she rearranged her room again. She rearranged her room often depending on her mood and if she was bored. It was usually the latter reason.

“MARA GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!” Pete yelled from the floor below.

“COMING!” She yelled back.

She was finally going to meet the band Pete had signed when they were in Las Vegas. You could also say she was going to be meeting her new housemates for the next few months. They were crashing in Pete’s humble home since he doesn’t want to pay for the hotel. It isn’t like he doesn’t have space anyway.

She jogged down the stairs while tying her hair in a ponytail, not exactly easy since her hair kept swinging back and forth.

“Finally, you take forever” Pete said dramatically once Mara jumped the last two steps.

“Forever? Pssh…this house is just too big, just be happy I got here in under 5 minutes.” Mara said retying her hair.

“C’mon I want you to meet the boys. They were starving when they got here so there are in the kitchen now feasting like kings.” Pete said leading the way to the kitchen he had just renovated two weeks ago.

Mara was about to step inside the kitchen when Pete pulled her back.

“What?” She whispered yell.

“No funny business Mara. I think they have a good future, don’t do anything to mess it up.” Pete warned her being completely serious.

Mara rolled her eyes and tried to turn around but Pete stopped her once more. She reluctantly turned around as Pete’s eyes stared right into hers. Her being only an inch shorter didn’t have to look up and he didn’t have to look down, though he still felt proud about being taller. They had a staring contest until Mara got bored and looked away.

“Did you hear me Mara?” Pete asked his voice low and serious.

“Yeah” Mara responded.

She hated when Pete was like this. She hated it when he acted like the boss, like a headmaster scolding a little kid before they even did anything wrong. She kept her mouth shut about it though, Pete could get pretty moody and she didn’t want to end up on the streets again.

“And…” Pete said his grip on her wrist getting tighter as he got impatient.

Pete didn’t want to treat Mara the way he was but he knew better. He knew Mara was pretty, he knew the games she plays with boys’ hearts and he didn’t need the new band to be affected by it, they didn’t need to get sidetracked.

“Yeah, whatever” Mara said turning around once more and finally stepping into the kitchen, Pete on her heels.

“Oof” Pete said as he bumped into Mara who abruptly stopped.

She was staring at the four boys who were going through sandwiches with the speed of light. Well, not literally anyway. But she recognized the boys and the boy who tried to steal her teddy bear.

“What’s wrong Mara?” Pete asked stepping in front of her blocking her sight of the four boys.

“Nothing, just cramps.” She lied pretending to stretch.

“Oh ok” Pete said before turning to the boys.

“Boys” Pete said catching their attention as Mara stood by the door awkwardly but he didn’t notice that.

“Brendon, Spencer, Brent, Ryan meet Mara” Pete said introducing Mara to the boys

He then turned to Mara about to introduce the boys to her when she cut him off.

“Mara meet Brendon, Spencer, Brent and Ryan” she said.

“Smart ass” Pete mumbled.

“And a nice one at that” Mara said going to stand beside Pete.

“Hi, I am Mara.” She said shaking each boy’s hand all of them staring at her, especially Ryan.

“This is Mara my…half-niece.” Pete said.

I let out a wave and big goofy smile causing the one she thought was Brendon to laugh really loud.

“Half-niece?” the one she thought was Spencer asked.

“Yeah, if there is such a thing.” Pete said heading in the direction of the fridge.

“Hey boys!” she said happily taking a seat in front of them.

“Hello” three of them mumbled.

“So…” she started hoping they would continue.

They didn’t

“Pete!” she whined “You picked a boring band. Yuck”

“Hey!” Brendon said standing up. “We are not boring!”

“But you don’t talk…barely” Mara said crossing her arms.

“Maybe you’re the boring one” he said sitting back down and crossing his arms too.

“No I am sure it isn’t me” she said staring at Brendon and stuck out her tongue at him.

He mimicked her actions.

They continued making funny faces at each other until Pete told them to stop.

After that the table got quiet as the boys continued eating their sandwiches and Pete gave Mara a grilled cheese sandwich.

Mara took a big bite then cheese started to ooze out.

“Pete!” Mara whined staring at the oozing cheese.

“What?” Pete asked taking a bite out of his own sandwich.

“The cheese is oozing out!” Mara whined.

“No it isn’t!” Pete said inspecting the sandwich from a far.

“Yes it is! Come here and look at it!” Mara said moving her sandwich forward.

The oozing cheese started to swing then got detached then landed on Ryan’s face.

“Ow! Fuck, hot cheese!” He said jumping up from the table.

“Oopsie” Mara said staring at Ryan as his took of the cheese from his face.

“It’s red!” Brendon exclaimed looking at his band mate’s face/

“The cheese?” Mara asked.

“No his face!” Brendon said pointing to Ryan.

“It is?!?” Ryan asked him.

“No” Brendon said laughing. “I just wanted to see your reaction. Imagine the stories we could say ‘Ryan got burnt by cheese!’”

Everybody except Ryan started cracking up.

Ryan sat down and started pouting causing everyone to shut up. Then they all started laughing again as Ryan stuck his tongue out.

Bzzt. Bzzt.

Pete got his phone from his pocket and checked the alarm.

“BED TIME!” he yelled causing different articles of food to be thrown at him. “What?”

“It’s too early!” Mara whined while pouting.

“No, these guys have to work on an album and you have school so time for bed.” Pete said shooing them all out of the kitchen.

Mara bid them goodnight and went to her room as Pete showed the boys their rooms.

She lay in her bed thinking about what it’s going to be like living with five boys. While someone in the room beside hers lay down on his own bed thinking what it is going to be like living with the girl who stole his teddy bear.