Sequel: Forget All You Know

The Way You Make Me Feel

Wake-Up Call

Lila's P.O.V.

I woke up the following morning with a smile evident on my lips. All I could think about was how Tom said that he was in love with me. I mean, I shouldn't have been that surprised, seeing as I knew that we'd get to that point in our relationship eventually. But, it was still shocking all the same. I think that the most shocking part of it all was the fact that he wasn't upset or scared when I didn't say it back. He was perfectly accepting of that, which is something that I assumed most guys wouldn't be.

I rolled over in bed and draped my arm across Tom's bare torso, propping myself up on my other elbow to get a good look at him. His face seemed so peaceful and angelic as he slept. The pastoral look on his face almost made me feel bad for what I was about to do next.

"Tom," I whispered in his ear as I kissed his earlobe. "Wake up."

"No," he groaned, his eyes still closed. He then proceeded to wrap his arms around me and pull me into him. I didn't mind it, though. His body heat warmed me up slightly, and I enjoyed being in his arms, no matter what the circumstance was.

"Please wake up?" I asked sweetly as I let my lips land in various spots on his neck and jawline. Tom just tightened his grip around my waist in response as I continued to kiss his neck. My lips soon began traveling upwards and found their way to his mouth. His eyelids finally fluttered open and he smiled up at me before flipping me on my back. He hovered over me as he began to tease me in the same manner that I was teasing him.

"You're beautiful," Tom said as he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and looked down at me lovingly. I blushed as his eyes roamed my body, looking everywhere, but lingering on my eyes for the longest amount of time.

"Did you mean what you said last night? About how you love me?" I asked. Tom smiled at me and collapsed beside me on the bed as he took my hand in his. He laced our fingers together and rubbed his thumb soothingly back and forth across my hand.

"Of course I did," he said as he looked over at me, causing our gazes to lock. "I've never told you this, but when we were kids I had a massive crush on you."

"Seriously?" I asked, my grin becoming larger and larger as the seconds passed.

"Seriously. I really really liked you. It was almost to the point of creepy. I even wrote songs about you after you were long gone in America. I never seemed to be able to let go. And then when you came back, I just fell in love with you. Every time you walked into a room, it would seem as if the room brightened up or something. And when I look into your eyes, I get that free and invincible feeling that you get when you ride your bike for the first time. And none of those feelings have ever changed or gone away," Tom said with a dazed smile on his face. "And that's how I know that I'm in love with you."

"You're amazing," I said seriously as I leaned over and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him while I snuggled into the warmth of his body.

"So I've heard," he said cockily with a proud smirk on his face.

"You're not that amazing," I lied as Tom frowned and kissed the top of my head. "So, what songs did you write about me, Tommy?"

"Loads," he said as I smiled at him. "There are a ton of McFly songs about you, and a ton of songs about you that aren't McFly songs."

"You're joking," I said with a blush as Tom shook his head. "What songs?"

"'Obviously', 'She Falls Asleep' - that was about when your mum left and then your boyfriend broke up with you, like, two days later - , 'I Wanna Hold You', 'She Left Me', and 'Falling In Love'," Tom said as he blushed and looked away from me. "I mean, I wrote more about you, just one's that I didn't share with the guys. I know that you probably think I'm a freak now, seeing as I wrote songs about you even after you left, but I just couldn't get you out of my head."

"I don't think you're a freak," I said as I rested my head on his chest, enjoying being alone with no disturbances. "I think that you're the best boyfriend I've ever had."

"I know that you're the one who's going to change my life," Tom said as I lifted my head up and looked at him in confusion. "I'm gonna marry you one day, Paterson. Just you wait."

"Really?" I asked flatly, thinking that he was just kidding around. Tom looked at me with every ounce of seriousness he could muster, not cracking a smile or concealing a laugh.

"I'm being serious, Lila," Tom said as my heart began to race faster. "When you least expect it, I'm gonna propose. And trust me, it'll be good."

"What makes you think I'd say 'yes'?" I asked with a teasing smile, letting him know that I was only joking around.

"I know you'll say 'yes', because we were made for each other. There's not a doubt in my mind," Tom said, before the door swung open, revealing a friend standing there with one of his many lizards.

"Dougie!" I yelled as I pulled the duvet cover up further over my body to hide any trace of skin from Dougie's sight. He smirked at Tom and I, not bothering to leave or apologize for barging in without knocking. I didn't really expect him to do either of those things, though. With Dougie, it's what you see is what you get. He's not going to try and be polite when he doesn't feel the need to be.

"Looks like somebody had fun last night," he said as I blushed and covered my face with the pillow.

"You have no idea," Tom said with a laugh as I uncovered my face and slapped his arm. Once Dougie began laughing, I took the opportunity to chuck the pillow at him, hoping that he'd leave. He didn't, though.

"Dougie, can you please leave so that I can change?" I asked in the sweetest voice I could make without showing my annoyance.

"Now, why would I do that?" Dougie asked with a smirk as he walked over and jumped on the bed in between Tom and I. Dougie placed his lizard on his stomach and smiled at it in the same way a father would to a son. Tom eyed the lizard with disgust as he tried to move as far away from it as possible.

"Get that thing out of my bed," Tom said. Dougie looked at me with that devilish smirk that he always gets when he's up to no good, before beginning to push me off of the bed.

"Dougie! No!" I scolded as I tried to keep the sheets over my body.

"I didn't mean Lila! I meant your snake!" Tom said as Dougie's head snapped in his direction with an offended look on his face.

"How dare you call it a snake! He's obviously a lizard, Tom," Dougie said. "God! Get your reptiles right!"

"Leave!" I said as I pointed towards the door. Dougie gently lifted his lizard off of his stomach before getting off of the bed.

"Fine! I can tell that I'm not wanted here," Dougie said dramatically as he made his way out of Tom's bedroom.

"Ugh, now I'm gonna have to get these sheets disinfected," Tom said as he looked down at the covers where Dougie and his lizard had been just moments before.

"Yeah, I don't think that it's too sanitary to have a lizard in your bed," I agreed as I moved closer to Tom and cuddled up next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and began twirling my messy hair around his finger, occasionally placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"I wasn't talking about the lizard. I was talking about Dougie. We don't know where that boy's been," Tom said as I giggled.

My mind then wandered to what Tom had said earlier about proposing to me. And the more I thought about it, the more I could picture myself being with Tom for the rest of my life. I could see us living in a nice sized house with three little kids running around. They'd have his hair, but my eyes. We could teach them to ride their bikes and Tom would have to keep me from crying on their first days of school. It seemed like it would be the ideal life with the ideal husband.

"I think you were right," I said quietly as I closed my eyes and took in the peaceful moment.

"About what, love?" he asked as I smiled.

"I'll definitely say 'yes'," I sighed as Tom looked at me, a soft smile spreading across his lips. He then proceeded to get out of bed and down on one knee. I rolled my eyes, knowing that he wasn't being serious.

"Marry me," Tom said.

"No," I said, laughing at the fact that he was "proposing" to me in the buff. Tom's mouth fell open and he looked at me with an offended look on his face.

"You lied to me!" he said accusingly as he pointed at me. I reached out and took his finger in my hand, smiling at him lovingly.

"Well, how can I take you seriously when you're naked? And I haven't even told you that I love you yet," I said as Tom's eyes widened and a large smile evolved on his lips. "What?"

"You love me!" Tom exclaimed as I scratched my head and fell back into the bed. "You didn't say that you weren't in love with me, you said that you haven't told me yet!"

"You know what I meant, Thomas," I said as he scoffed and stood up.

"Fine," he said as he made his way towards the door to the bedroom. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Have fun," I said with a giggle as he faux-glared at me and left. I smiled to myself and sighed in ecstasy as I thought about how my life had been going these past four months. Since Tom and I had started dating, nothing seemed to bother me anymore. I could deal with all of the crap I go through at work, because I knew that when I got home at 5, I'd get to see Tom. I think that overall I was just a happier person. I mean, you would be too if you were in a relationship that you'd been dreaming about your entire life!

So, that made me wonder if maybe I did love Tom. I had never really thought about it, but once I did, I realized how probable it was. I felt all of the same things that he told me he felt, after all. I got that same feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever he was around. And that feeling was something that I'd never felt with anyone else before. What I felt when Austin kissed me couldn't even compare to what I felt when Tom would just stand next to me.

I'm in love with that boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought this chapter was kinda cute.
Let me know what you think!!!

-Annie