Never Want to Let You Go

Relationships Are Tough

It didn’t dawn on me until later that night that I hadn’t listened to Joe’s interview on youtube like I had told him I would.

As tough as it was to leave my warm and cozy bed, I finally climbed out and found my laptop.

I pulled it onto my lap once I was back onto my bed and started it up, nervously excited to hear what Joe had said.

I quickly opened up an Internet browser before typing in a Jonas fan site and finding the interview.

I started the video and listened intently as the interviewer began with her hello and introduction.

I listened as the boys answered a few questions about the tour before the interviewer dove into relationship questions.

“Joe,” she began. “You recently went public about having a girlfriend?”

“Yes, I did,” he answered.

“How is that going for ya? It hasn’t been too hard having a girlfriend while trying to maintain being the biggest band in the world?”

Joe smiled at her comment before beginning his response. “You know, I’ll be honest with you,” Joe began in a serious tone. I was nervous with how serious his tone turned. What the hell was he going to say?

“Relationships are tough, I think we all know that. And this one has been no different. Being in a relationship while leading a normal life is hard, but having to tour and live a famous life only makes it that much harder. Especially trying to find a balance between everything. I have to balance my time between family, the band, friends, and my girlfriend and sometimes I struggle to do all of that.

“But at the end of every day, the most important thing is that I love her. Whether we spent the day fighting or on a totally romantic date, I love her. And I know that we will be able to make it through anything.

“There are going to be fights along the way and rough patches, but I know that we will be able to make it through it. There is no way that a small, silly fight or a little miscommunication is going to come in between us. I won’t let it.”

My jaw dropped as I listened to the words that came out of his mouth, tears forming in my eyes at the sincerity in this voice. That was amazing.

Sure, to the average person, his speech may have been a little confusing, but I knew exactly what he was talking about.

“Wow,” the interviewer muttered. “I was not expecting you to get so deep.”

The boys chuckled before Joe spoke. “Sorry, I just needed to get that off of my chest.”

“That was beautiful,” the interviewer added. “I knew that you had romantic lyrics, but I didn’t know that you were this sweet in real life.”

The boys blushed with nervous chuckles.

“So, how did you two meet?” She asked them, a girly smile on her face, expecting something equally romantic as his speech.

“Well, it’s a crazy story, actually,” Joe began with a smile. “We met through a pen pal assignment for school.”

“What? No way!” The interviewer exclaimed in astonishment. “So you, Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers, was her pen pal?”

Joe chuckled. “Yeah, pretty much.”

“And did she figure out that it was you?”

“No, surprisingly. She did tell me she was a huge Jonas Brothers fan, though,” Joe smiled fondly at the memory. “She came to one of our concerts and we ended up singing to her on stage. So that night she instant messages me and tells me that the Jonas Brothers sang to her on stage. And I was completely shocked; I could not believe that the girl I had randomly picked to sing to on stage turned out to be her. After that, I was like, I have to meet this girl in person and tell her who I am.

“So we met in person and the rest is history.”

“Wow,” she breathed. “So how did she handle finding out that her pen pal was Joe Jonas? Was she excited?” She asked.

“Not exactly,” Joe chuckled as he looked between his brothers. “She was a little upset and embarrassed that I hadn’t told her sooner.”

I laughed and blushed at the memory. I had been a little bit stubborn at that time.

“No way!” The interviewer exclaimed.

“Yeah,” Joe shook his head. “She had confessed to me in previous messages that she was in love with us so she was a little embarrassed to find out that she had admitted that directly to us.

“So I had to pull out some romantic moves to try and swoon her and get her to talk to me again,” he told her. “Eventually it worked and she fell madly in love with me.”

They all erupted into laughter as I shut my laptop, knowing that they would soon be diving into questions about other things. Things that I quite honestly didn’t care to listen to at the moment.

I felt too elated from Joe’s words to care about anything else.

That interview had taken place while we were still fighting. And yet he had said so many amazing things.

I was never going to let that boy go.

I quickly got out of my bed and left my hotel room, heading straight to Joe’s.

I knocked somewhat loudly on his door; too giddy feeling to care that people might be sleeping.

He opened the door soon after. “What are you doing here?” He asked quizzically, surprised to see me at his doorstep so late.

I didn’t even bother responding, but instead pulled his face into mine, kissing him passionately.

“What was that for?” He asked after our lips had separated, a cheeky grin on his face at the spur of the moment action.

“I listened to your interview,” I smiled as my emotional girl side took over and I started crying again.

He smiled before pulling me into him and holding me. “Why are you crying?” He asked softly.

“Because what you said was so sweet and amazing and beautiful,” I spoke into his neck. “I don’t deserve how amazing you are.”

“Don’t even say that,” he left a kiss on the side of my head.

I just held onto him, loving the feeling of being in his arms, especially since we weren’t fighting anymore.

“Here,” he pulled away from me and left a gentle kiss on my lips. “Let’s head over to your room.”

“Okay,” I replied quietly before he wrapped an arm around me and we began walking towards my room.

“Joe?” We heard a voice call from behind us.

And I bet that you could guess who it was.

We turned around to look at the individual before Joe spoke. “Yeah?” He replied to Chelsea.

“I just watched a scary movie and I’m too scared to be in my room alone,” she told him before stepping closer to us. “Can you come stay with me?”

Oh hell no. This chick was going too far. I had just gotten my Joe back and I was not going to let her come between us again.

“Uh,” he looked down at my tear-stained face. “I can’t right now, I’m a little busy. But you can go hang out with Nick and Rita, they’re just watching MTV and eating popcorn.”

She looked a little taken back at the rejection but managed to put a smile on her face. “Um, yeah. I’ll do that.”

“See ya,” Joe replied before we continued towards my room.

I had to say, I was impressed that he had turned her away.

“Thank you,” I whispered once she was out of hearing range.

He smiled. “You’re welcome.”

We entered my room once we had arrived at it and took claim to the bed that I had previously been trying to sleep in.

He pulled me into him, allowing for me to rest my head on his chest as we lay in silence.

“I love you,” I told him softly.

“I love you, too,” I could hear his lips turn upward in a smile. “And I meant everything in that interview.”

I lifted my head and rested my chin on his chest. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he whispered before I leaned forward and gave him a kiss. I returned my head to his chest shortly after, enjoying the gentle moment.

“She likes you,” I muttered after a few minutes.

“Huh?” He asked in confusion. “Who?”

“Chelsea,” I stated. “Chelsea likes you.”

“Nooo,” Joe replied. “There’s no way she likes me.”

“Yeah, she does,” I told him. “Why else do you think that you’re the only one she wants to hang out with?”

“I dunno, ‘cause I’m cool like dat,” he replied, causing me to roll my eyes and shove him playfully. “Who wouldn’t want to hang out with me?”

I giggled at his silliness.

“There’s no way that she likes me…” he trailed off in thought. “I guess she is kind of flirty…”

I chuckled. “I told you so.”

“How come you’re so comfortable with it?” He asked with a smile.

“Because I trust you,” I told him. “And you didn’t even realize that she liked you until now. I have nothing to worry about.”

“Thank you,” he smiled. “I don’t know if I totally agree, though.”

“How about we hang out with her tomorrow and you can see how obvious it is?” I offered.

“Sure,” he replied. “But I still don’t think she does.”

I chuckled. “Of course.”

I lifted my head up again to watch him; he looked so adorable lying comfortably on my bed.

“What’s that look for?” He asked, noticing my eyes on him.

“Nothin’,” I smirked before climbing completely on top of him, straddling his waist. “You just look really cute, and,” I paused leaving a kiss on his lips. “We haven’t played Mario Kart in awhile.”

After my words registered, he immediately flipped us over so that I was pinned to the bed. “We’re going to have to take care of that then,” he sent me a wink before diving his lips onto mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to keep things nice and happy. =) But just so you know, if things had turned out badly in this one, it would have been livesoffspam's fault. ;)

I'm not sure how I feel about how this chapter turned out, though...so let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading! =) And thank you so much to those who comment!

Oh and I'm getting a little low on banners...=D

And if you're bored, go read Juno's stories! They're awesome! Both of her stories are beyond fabulous!