Never Want to Let You Go

Guilt

Thank you YO. for this adorable banner!!! Isn't it just so dang cute?? I love it!
Image

JOE’S POV

“Hey guys, how’s your game?” I asked as I bounded into mine and Nick’s hotel room.

“Good,” everyone mumbled, not paying the slightest attention to me.

I was going to sit down and join them until I noticed one very important person missing from the group.

“Where’s Katy?” I asked with a curious face.

“Why do you all of a suddenly care to know?” Nick retorted calmly.

“’Cause I want to see her,” I replied, a little confused. “I haven’t had the chance to see her all day.”

“And whose fault is that?” Kevin raised his eyebrows at me.

“What’s with all the ganging up on Joe?” I questioned, feeling uncomfortable.

“Nothing,” Nick responded. “Katy went to her room.”

“Okay,” I gave them a weird look before exiting the room.

They were being so unusual. More unusual than normal…

I slipped Katy’s room key out of my back pocket and opened the door before being greeted by a dark room.

I had figured that she would be watching TV or something.

“Katy?” I whispered as I made my way through the dark living room towards the bedroom.

Once my eyes were finally adjusted to the dark, I could see her figure underneath the covers of one of the beds.

She was either asleep or trying to go to sleep.

I crept over to her and sat down next to her, causing her to stir in bed.

“Hey,” I whispered to her, receiving a heavy sigh from her.

“What do you want?” She asked bitterly.

I was a bit taken back by her bitterness. “What do you mean what do I want? I came to see you.”

“Ha, that’s a shocker,” she replied before rolling over in bed away from me. “Shouldn’t you be with Chelsea or something?”

“What?” I asked, completely caught off guard.

“You blew me off the rest of the day to spend time with her, why don’t you do the same now?” She stated quietly, still facing away from me.

“What?” I asked in astonishment. “Is that what this is about? ‘Cause I spent the day hanging out with a friend?”

“No, it’s about the fact that you completely blew me off to hang out with a friend,” she spat. “Now, can you please just leave me alone?”

“What?” I asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. “Can’t we talk about this?”

“No thanks,” she mumbled before scooting away from me to the other side of the bed.

“You can’t be serious?” I grumbled. Wtf?

“Oh, yes I can,” she stated calmly. “Goodnight.”

I watched her still figure for a few moments, waiting for her to pop up and say “gotcha” or something goofy.

But nothing came.

I took a deep breath and exited the room.

What the hell was going on with her?

As great as love was, sometimes it could suck really bad.

--

KATY’S POV

Sleeping while being mad at your boyfriend is not a very easy thing.

That’s why I was up and ready at seven in the morning. I decided that I would go and see what Kevin and Lily were up to; they were usually up pretty early.

I knocked gently on the door, hoping not to wake them in case if they were asleep.

It wasn’t long until Kevin was at the door, and it seemed like he had been up and I hadn’t woken him.

“Hey,” he greeted me with a smile before stepping aside to let me in.

“Hey,” I replied before walking into the room and taking a seat on a chair that was across from the couch that Lily was sitting on.

“You’re up early,” she told me as Kevin took a seat next to her.

“Yeah, I couldn’t sleep well,” I shrugged.

“Oh,” Lily mouthed.

“So what actually happened between you two last night?” Kevin asked. “When Joe got back to the room he ignored us and went straight to bed.”

“Nothing really happened,” I admitted while leaning back in my chair. “I told him that I didn’t want to talk and if he needed someone to talk to, he could go see Chelsea.”

Kevin chuckled. “Ouch.”

“It’s his fault that he was an ass,” I replied. “It’s no big deal, though. I’ll just give him a taste of his own medicine, I’ll ignore him for the day.”

Lily grinned deviously. “I have an even better idea.”

--

A couple of hours later once everyone was finally awake; we all somehow migrated into Joe and Nick’s room.

I was reluctant to go at first, not wanting to have to interact with Joe, but Kevin and Lily reassured me that our “plan” would only work if we did it in front of Joe.

“What do you guys want to do today?” Lily asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

“I don’t know,” Joe replied firmly. “The person who I want to do something with isn’t talking to me.”

I rolled my eyes at him before Chelsea spoke. “I’m talking to you,” she stated dumbly.

“I wasn’t referring to you,” Joe replied dimly.

“Oh,” she whispered with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Kevin and I are going to see a movie today,” I began. “I am dying to see Lakeview Terrace.”

Kevin nodded his head in agreement before turning his attention to Lily. “Is it alright if I go, babe? Since we don’t have any plans for today.”

“Sure,” Lily smiled before giving him a kiss. “Just make sure you’re back in time for your interview.”

“Will do,” he affirmed before standing. “Ready to go?” He asked me.

“Yep,” I replied before standing myself.

Joe looked eagerly between Kevin and me and caught my eye before I could look away. “Can we hang out later? Maybe talk?” He all but begged.

“Sure,” I replied with a smug smile. “Maybe we can get ice cream,” I watched as his face lit up at the idea. “That’s if I don’t forget,” I finished before turning and leaving the room with Kevin.

I did, however, catch the look on his face before I was out the door.

Karma was a bitch.

--

Kevin and I returned to the hotel just in time for the interview, and of course with ice cream cones in our hands.

My goal wasn’t to hurt Joe or make him feel overwhelmingly guilty; I just wanted him to see what he had done to me. I wanted him to experience my side of the situation so he wouldn’t do it again.

But I didn't even realize that I would feel so dang guilty and hurt when I saw the look in his eyes when he noticed that I had "forgotten" our ice cream plans.

That part was tough, but I couldn't let it get to me. I had to finish out my plan.

Kevin and I finished our ice cream cones before everyone was ushered outside towards the two large Suburbans that were going to take us to the radio station for the interview.

And I made sure that I rode in the van that Joe wasn’t in.

He looked completely crushed having to ride in the other car with Chelsea, Paul, Denise, and Frankie while I got to ride with Kevin, Nick, Rita, and Lily.

I did sort of break down in the car, though. Upset that I was the one that put a frown on his face, intentionally.

“C’mon Kate, don’t cry,” Kevin patted my shoulder sympathetically. “He did the same thing to you yesterday.”

“And that doesn’t make what I’m doing right,” I replied in shame. “Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

They all sighed, knowing that I was right. Even though this plan sounded so great to begin with, it was turning disastrous on my emotions and conscience.

--

I couldn’t bear to listen to the interview.

The first questions they asked were about Joe’s girlfriend and I didn’t want to stick around to hear his answers.

I didn’t want to hear him say something bad about me, or how we’d hit a rough patch in our relationship or something similar to that.

So I decided to wait in the hallway with Rita, far away enough so that we couldn’t hear the interview, but close enough so we were still safe.

We stood and talked for a good amount of time before everyone exited the interview room and we began towards the large Suburbans again.

Luckily there were barriers for us to walk once we got outside so it wasn’t too hard getting into the cars. There were so many fans there that it would have been difficult to get through otherwise.

Somehow I ended up being the last one in line to get into my Suburban and hadn’t even noticed the extra individual standing behind me.

“Can I ride with you guys?” Joe asked quietly, expecting a rejection.

I turned around to look at him, feeling overwhelmed with guilt. “Yeah,” I spoke with a nod of my head.

A small smile claimed his lips before he climbed into the car after me and took the seat next to me.

The car was silent for a good ten minutes, everyone too scared to say anything and make for awkwardness between Joe and me.

But once the clock struck the eleventh minute, Joe finally broke the tension by grabbing a hold of my hand and intertwining our fingers.

I glanced at him, feeling a large weight being lifted off my shoulders at the fact that he didn’t totally hate me.

“Did you hear the interview?” He asked quietly.

“No,” I whispered guiltily, feeling terrible. “But I’ll listen to it on youtube later.”

He smiled, happy that I didn’t totally hate him. “Ok.”

“We need to talk, though,” I looked into his eyes and watched as he shook his head in agreement.

“Yes, we do,” he breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's still a little tension and drama, but things are a little better...for now...

We'll have to see what happens when they actually do talk...

Thank you so much for reading!!! And thank you to everyone who comments! I simply adore them! =)