Emilee

Thirty Nine

Max went home a few hours ago, allowing me to get some sleep. We’d talked for quite some time. I was exhausted, yet, I couldn’t close my eyes. Something was bothering me, yet I was unsure of exactly what it was. Maybe I was just uneasy because I was so used to Max cuddling up to my side, and he wasn’t there. He’d stopped playing bass quite some time ago...

My phone suddenly vibrated on my bedside table. A message from Max:

“Hey hunny, just thought I’d send you some love =] I’m stuck at the train station...stupid trains...
I’ve met a cool guy tho, so all is good! Xo”

I laughed. He must be catching the last train home.

I woke up to a smiling Max standing by my side. “Hey gorgeous,” he said softly, leaning down to kiss my forehead. I glanced at the clock. 10 am. Lucky it was Saturday.

“How long have you been here for?” I asked.

“Ohh, your mum let me in as she went to work...so I guess about an hour,” he replied, smiling down at me. “I met this really awesome guy at the station last night...well, this morning. I want you guys to meet, I think you’d get along really well.”

“Okay,” I said, yawning. Max laughed at me.

“I’ll leave whilst you get changed and all,” Max said, blushing a little. He let his hand stroke the side of my face for a short moment before he turned to leave. Ohh, how I love that boy. I had the best intentions of getting up as soon as he left to get changed, but I fell back to sleep instead.

I woke up again what I assumed to be about half an hour later, by a knock on my door. “Emilee, did you fall back to sleep again?” I groaned an answer, and Max laughed. He came in seconds later. He flipped back my covers and hopped in with me, cuddling up close. “You’re adorable,” he cooed, burying his face in my neck.

“So are you Max,” I said, feeling his smile against my neck. He planted a few soft kisses on my neck.

“Would you like to meet my friends today?” His arms wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer to his chest.

“Sure,” I replied. “I hope they’re nice...”

“They’ll like you Emilee.” He looked me in the eyes before softly placing his lips on mine.

I knocked on Max’s front door, waiting for what seemed like hours until it was opened for me. Craig was there, standing in front of me. I tried so hard to hold back the scowl threatening to form over my face. It was just a dream. Craig is a nice boy from school, nothing more. “Hey, Emilee is it?” he said, sounding a little uncertain.

“Yea, that’s me.” He stepped aside and let me in.

“Gees, Max said you were gorgeous, but damn!” He winked at me before leading me into the lounge room.

“Hey Emilee,” Max said. He got up to hug me. “This is Craig, Robert, and Bryan. You woulda seen them at school I think.” I nodded and smiled as he pointed each one out.

“Hey,” they all said.

“Ohh, and this is that guy I met last night at the train station, Ronnie.” I think my heart stopped at the mention of his name. What were the chances!?

“Hey sweetie,” he said. He smiled, and I struggled to return it.

“H-hey,” I stuttered. Max gave me a bit of a funny look before he sat down right next to Ronnie, pulling me down onto his lap with him.

“Get ready!” Bryan exclaimed. He and Max grabbed their x-box controllers and began to race. Max crashed when I repositioned my butt on him. He had the hint of a smirk playing on his lips as he kissed my neck.

“Ha! You suck Max!” Bryan shouted. The others cheered as he passed the finish line. They were really into it.

“Okay, I’m versing you now,” Ronnie said to me. He grabbed Max’s controller, and Bryan handed me his.

“I suck at stuff like this,” I sighed.

“No hun, I suck.” He gave me a look I’d never be able to describe, a look that said he held a secret. Wait. This is nuts. I’m just seeing things now, surely. It was just a dream, and this is just coincidence.

Of course, Ronnie kicked my ass. “I told you I suck,” I muttered.

“Hmm...well at least you tried your best. I like the ones that go down with a fight.” He smiled at me in an overly sweet way. He did not just say that. No one else seemed to think much of it.

“I need the bathroom,” I said. I got up and fled the room, locking the door behind me as I finally got there. I slid down the door and hugged my knees. This was just too weird.

“Emilee?” Max’s candy voice came from the other side of the door. “Are you okay?”

“Does...does Ronnie know about my dream?” I asked.

“No? Should he?” he replied, sounding confused.

“Uhh, no...”

“Hunny, what‘s wrong? Open the door and talk to me.” I got up and opened the door as he’d asked. He came in and hugged me. “What’s wrong?” he repeated.

“Ronnie was in my dream Max. He was the one that changed you...”

“It was just a dream Emilee...”

“You met him at a train station in my dream. Coincidence?” Max lightly furrowed his eyebrows. “And all night, he’s been saying things, and giving me funny looks.”

“Wait, what funny looks?” Max looked a little angry.

“Not perverted, just...weird looks. It’s as if he knows and he’s taunting me...”

“I’m sure it’s nothing. He’s a bit of a kook anyway, so maybe it’s normal for him.” Max gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back. We left the bathroom and joined the others once again. Craig wolf-whistled.

“You guys took your time,” Robert said with a smirk.

“Get up to much?” Ronnie asked. He raised his eyebrows at me. “You naughty girll Emilee,” he smirked.

“Hey,” Max said, stepping between us. “Don’t make my Emilee sound like a fuckin’ cheap whore.”

“What? I’m just kidding around,” Ronnie said quickly, raising his hands. Max gave him a stony stare.

“You’d better hope so...” Max muttered.

“Relax dude. I’ve already got a beautiful girlfriend,” Ronnie said.

“Ohh, how come you didn’t invite her over?” Robert asked.

“I dunno. Anna can get funny sometimes. She didn’t wanna go.” He shrugged. Anna. Ronnie and Anna. Was this a joke? A cruel sadistic joke, designed to screw with my head? I laughed.

“Uhh...okay,” Bryan said.

“What’s so funny sweetheart?” Ronnie said. He cocked an eyebrow.

“How did you find out about me? How did you know about my dream?” I asked, looking at him seriously all of a sudden. He gave me a questionable look.

“Max, your girlfriend’s one crazy bi-“

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence,” Max warned.

“Bitch!” he shouted. Robert and Craig let out a laugh, whilst Max lunged at Ronnie. “Aah, get your ass off of me!” he screeched. He pushed Max off with ease, with Max landing on the floor with a thud.

“Get out of my house,” Max said, venom dripping from each word as he said it. Ronnie got up and left quietly.

“We’re gonna go too I think Max...” Craig said. The 3 boys got up and left. The slam of the door made me jump. The air was still so tense.

“He was hitting on you,” Max mumbled.

“Max...”

“Yes hun?” His frown was gone. In its place was a safer expression.

“It’s weird enough that you’ve met a Ronnie at a train station,” I started. “But now he’s got a girlfriend named Anna? There’s no way this is coincidence.” Max thought for a while.

“I don’t believe in the supernatural, Emilee,” he said softly. I shook my head.

“I didn’t expect you’d believe me,” I mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is a longer chapter :)
Thanks for reading :)
Ohh, and sorry to make Ronnie seem like a dick...I have nothing against him, it just suits his character in this story :)