Emilee

Forty

Max’s P.O.V:

Ever since that dream of hers, Emilee has been so screwed up. I mean c’mon, vampires? Surely, that wasn’t possible.

If I ever find out who attacked her that night...

I guess some good has come from this, but I feel selfish not wanting this situation any other way. If she’d not dreamt what she had, she’d not have opened up to me. We’d both still be living our separate lives, and I’d be dying inside. All the abuse and all the pain is worth living through if I’m living for Emilee. She's given me a new purpose.

I feel really bad for kicking Ronnie out like that, after all, he was only joking. I guess it is sorta weird that Emilee had a dream about a Ronnie and an Anna, but coincidences do sometimes occur. Regardless of whatever she thinks, it was just a dream.

I put my bass down and decided I’d go see her. We hadn’t talked since yesterday, when she quietly left my house after mumbling something about me not believing her. It was getting pretty late, so I decided I’d use her window. The tree between our houses didn’t look too hard to climb. A few painful scratches later and I was knocking on her window, hoping she was there. Her pretty face appeared from behind the curtains, and she opened the window seconds later. “Max! What are you doing?” she asked, smiling wide.

“I wanted to see you,” I replied, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I noticed that she was in her rather gorgeous pyjamas. She blushed. I guess I’d been staring too long.

“I have a face Max,” she said quietly. I cupped her face and kissed her, lightly at first and then a little harder. She weaved her hands through my hair.

“I know sweetheart,” I said, pulling away. She yawned. “Would you like me to go so that you can sleep?” She shook her head and dragged me over to her bed, giving me a slight shove.

“Can’t you stay?” she asked sadly as I was reluctant to move.

“I can if you want me to. Are you sure you want me in your bed?” I swallowed the lump in my throat.

“Of course Max.” She smiled. “You’re warm.” I laughed and began to take off my shoes as she went to turn off the light. It was hard to untie shoelaces in the dark, I soon discovered. I tripped over and thankfully, landed on her bed. I heard her giggling as I finished untying my shoes and slipped them off. I took off my pants too because honestly, who can sleep in jeans? I slipped under the warm covers of Emilee’s bed and cuddled up to her stomach, our noses touching. Even in the dark I could tell she was blushing. She’s adorable, she really is.

“Goodnight Emilee,” I whispered, kissing her softly. My hands found their way to her back and I pushed her closer, deepening the kiss. Her hands once again found their way to my hair, twisting and curling it. Her tongue glided along my bottom lip, driving me crazy. I immediately opened and allowed our tongues to graze against one another. She was pulling at the hem of my shirt and I thought maybe we were taking this too fast too soon, but I guess my thoughts were a little preoccupied with other things to be rational. My shirt was over my head and her hands on my chest. She pulled back after a while and stared at me silently for a bit. I didn’t disturb her. She looked to be really thinking about something. Finally, she smiled across at me, caressing my cheek.

“Goodnight Max,” she said softly. She snuggled into my now bare chest a little more, and I smiled in the dark, silently thinking of just how lucky I was to have such a girl.

I woke up to what I thought was someone talking. Emilee’s clock read 3:47am, so that couldn’t be right. Just as I was about to nod off again, I heard some hushed words escape Emilee’s mouth. I couldn’t quite make them out. “Emilee, are you awake?”

“You can’t do that,” she whispered.

“Do what?” There was silence for a moment.

“I won’t let you.” Was she sleep talking? “Max...he’s a lovely boy. You can’t. You just can’t!” She was getting louder and louder. “Because that's wrong!” I sat up a little and tried to make sense of it all. “Ronnie...that’s a funny name...and Anna...you’re both awful...” Tears were beginning to run down her face. “Don’t hurt Max,” she croaked. She let out a few sobs before her eyes shot open in a panic. She looked at me through sad eyes and began crying into my chest.

“Shhh,” I cooed. “What’s wrong honey?” She wouldn’t stop crying. I rubbed her back to try and calm her. It seemed to work.

“He...he...Ronnie...” She couldn’t get it out.

“What about Ronnie?” I asked softly. More tears sprang to her eyes.

“The doctor said I-I might remember some things from t-the night I was attacked,” she cried, clinging to me. I held her tight as she went on.

“I remember it Max.” Her eyes were wide with fear and it was scaring me. “This must be why I dreamt all that. Ronnie and Anna...it was them. They told me all this shit Max!” She was starting to get too loud.

“Shhh, told you what?” I wasn’t sure what to believe at the moment.

“They told me they were the bad types of vampires and...and they were gonna get you. They told me it was just some pointless fun. Max, they’re gonna get you!” She was really starting to scare me. Perhaps it was another dream? Vampires don’t exist. Something scraped against the window and we both jumped, discovering too late that it was just the tree.

“Calm down hunny, it was just a dream,” I told her. She got up and looked me dead in the eyes.

“This isn’t another dream. I remember this so well...they’re the reason I was in hospital...” She was beginning to shake. “They’re the reason I had that dream Max. Everything is linked. This is why Ronnie looks so familiar, and why he’s suddenly turned up.” I hugged her tight.

“It’s okay Emilee,” I whispered. “Nothing bad will happen, okay? We’re safe here. No one will touch you as long as you’re in my arms.”

“I’m not worried about them touching me!” she exclaimed, pushing me away. “It’s you! They want you Max! I won’t let them-” I clamped my hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. Her parents would kill me if they saw me in here...in my underwear. She began to calm down a little.

“I’ll be fine. We’ll talk in the morning when you’re less freaked, okay?” I said quietly. This was just another dream, surely. Come morning and she’d not remember it. I removed my hand and began to kiss all over her face; her nose, her eyelids, her cheeks and finally, her lips. She relaxed and I laid us both back down, letting her snuggle back into my chest.

“Max?” she said softly, pulling away from me to look me in the eyes.

“Yes sweetie?” I asked. I stroked the side of her face with my hand.

“I love you.” It was funny how a statement so little could make you feel so much.

“I love you too Emilee.” And it was true. I kissed her softly one last time before we headed off to sleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)