The Prey and the Predator

The Legend of Darkness…I’m not impressed.

“What’s so funny?” Andrew asked her, frowning.
“Oh…” Evoni said finally getting control of herself. “Err…nothing, don’t worry about it.”
He gave her another weird look and then continued watching the movie. Evoni glanced over at Alistair and saw that he was smirking, also thoroughly amused about the main monster of the movie being a vampire.
More blood and gore followed and the girls whimpered and started to seek refuge by hiding their faces into their boyfriend’s chests. Then it was an all for one, one for all make out session…Evoni now realized why they wanted to sit at the back of the theatre.
Unexpectedly Andrew slipped his arm around the back of Evoni’s shoulders, she stiffened for a moment under his touch…she looked at him but he was still staring at the screen. She looked back to Alistair; he was looking at her intently with disapproving eyes.
‘Help’ she mouthed.
He sighed, pulled up the divider between their seats and slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her quickly and strongly to him, jerking her from Andrew’s grip. Andrew looked at them pissed off, but Alistair stared up at the screen to make it look as though he had not even realized Andrew’s arm around Evoni’s shoulders.
“I think I’m the only vampire in history that has actually sat down and watched a human movie about vampires.” Alistair whispered in her ear.
Andrew glanced angrily at them, obviously thinking that Alistair was whispering something suggestive to her.
“Yeah, it’s a bit ironic isn’t it?”

The movie was nearing the end where the hero was in a dark mansion hunting down the last vampire that was left on earth who just so happened to be the ‘vampire king’.
In the end the hero killed the vampire by stabbing him in the heart with a silver knife.
Alistair scoffed.
“What?” Evoni asked.
“You humans are pitiful; you can’t kill a vampire like that…let alone a vampire king. I mean, for god sakes, a real vampire king can kill nearly all of humanity without breaking a sweat.”
Evoni paused.
“Well I’m sorry, but hardly any of us know that you guys actually exist…so how can you expect us to get the details right?”
“Everyone knows we exist, its just some humans…well most of them are just so naïve that they choose not to accept it.”
Evoni didn’t answer for a moment then stared up at him.
“What is it?” he asked, even though he didn’t look down from the screen.
“I was just wondering….how do you kill a vampire?”
He chuckled and looked down at her.
“You can’t…well, not the strong ones.”
“Are you a strong one?”
“Enough.” He said with sudden firmness. “This conversation ends here.”
Evoni fell silent and continued watching the end of the movie.

When it finished the lights came on and all of the girlfriends reluctantly pulled away from their boyfriends. Tom stood up.
“Well, where do you guys want to go now? We could go shopping and-” he broke off once he saw Evoni and Alistair. “Who the hell are you?”
All of Tom’s friends turned to look at Alistair, they gasped; they had seen him approach Evoni, but only as a shadow, they didn’t see just how beautiful he was.
“My name’s Alistair.” He said. “I’m Evoni’s friend.”
Tom looked at Evoni intently.
“Why didn’t you tell me about him?” he snapped angrily.
Obviously Alistair seemed ‘cool’ to Tom, and he would’ve wanted Alistair to hang out with him so he could be more popular.
“Because I thought you would rape him the moment he wasn’t looking.” Evoni said.
Tom flushed, he had only ever told Evoni he was Bi, and nobody else knew (except, of course, the boys he dated at times).
“Well, let’s go…” Tome murmured and they all walked out of the theatre.
“So what did you think of the movie Alistair?” asked a girly voice.
Before Evoni had realized it, all the girls had grouped together beside Alistair looking up at him with dreamy faces.
“I’m not impressed.” He answered them. “The movie wasn’t that good.”
“I thought so too.” They said in unison.
The guys all looked jealously at Alistair and began talking in their own group. Midnight joined them; she was bored and somewhat afraid by the mob of girls.
“Evoni?” Andrew asked suddenly, his voice annoyed.
“Err…yeah?”
“What is Alistair to you?” he snapped. “Are you guys like, dating?”
“NO.” She answered. “We’re…just good friends.”
“Oh.” He said, he relaxed a little. “That’s alright then.”
“Hey Evoni?” one of the girls called. “We’re going shopping, you wanna come with us?”
She pointed to a large clothing store.
“Err…” Evoni said, she hated shopping with women. “I’m alright-”
“Evoni would absolutely love to.” Alistair answered for her.
“Really!? Great!” the girl jumped forward and grabbed Evoni’s hand and started wheeling her into the shop with the others.
Evoni looked back and death glared Alistair, he was smirking deeply.
“Have fun.” he said smugly, waving.
‘I’m going to kill you!’ she mouthed.
He chuckled.
“I’d like to see you try…it would be quiet entertaining.”

Half an hour later of looking around a shop with nothing but pink and frills can drive you insane…And Evoni was nearly at that point.
“This would look great on you!” one of them said. “Oooh try on this!”
“I’m not trying on anything.” Evoni said bluntly.
“Why not?” said a dark voice behind her. “Pink is so your color.”
Evoni turned around.
“Alistair! I hate you!” she said and she tried to punch him hard in the chest, he quickly grabbed her wrist and she tried to hit him with her other hand, but he grabbed her other wrist too.
“That’s not fair.” Evoni pouted. “You’re not allowed to catch both my wrists.”
He chuckled.
“You think you could hurt me mortal?” he joked.
Evoni poked out her tongue.
“You’re a butthead.” She said pulling away from him.
“Having fun?” he asked.
“Yeah…as much fun as a Goth can in a pink shop…can we please get out of here, they’re trying to convert me to their colorful ways…and the bright colors scare me so.”
“Alistair!?” one of the girls behind Evoni gasped as she realized he was there. “I didn’t see you before.”
“What a shame…” he murmured.
A girl name Sara approached them, she was one of the biggest sluts Evoni had ever encountered, wearing shorts that could be mistaken as a belt, and a bright pink top that was too small for her, she had extensions in her hair that was bleach blond.
“I was just wondering…” she said sweetly. “If you were perhaps single?”
“Wow…that was subtle.” Evoni said loudly.
Sara glared at her.
“I wasn’t asking you, I was asking Alistair she snapped angrily, and then turned back to Alistair smiling. “Well?” she asked.
He didn’t say anything, his face disgusted. Evoni couldn’t help but snigger to herself.
“I’m afraid…” Alistair said. “That I don’t want to go out with you.” He said simply, and he began to walk away, motioning Evoni to follow him.
“B-but…” Sara said, not knowing what to say.

The whole group met up again at another Café and when it was time to leave, Tom asked Renée (Tom’s girlfriend and Sara’s sister) if she wanted to some over his place, obviously Renée agreed (but only if her sister could come too). Andrew also asked if he would come over too, and to Evoni’s dismay Tom agreed.
“Well, I’m not doing anything tonight either.” Said Alistair. “Do you mind if I come over too?” he asked, and Renée, Sara and Tom all answered him at once saying yes…Andrew looked angrily at Alistair but quickly looked away, It was obvious that he wanted to be with Evoni without Alistair being there.
When they all got back to their house Tom went in first and explained to their father about who was coming over. He walked back out of the house smiling.
“Dad says it’s all good! But you guys will have to sleep over because he can’t be bothered driving you all home at night…and we cant go into the lounge room because dads watching TV and he gets grumpy if you annoy him so we’ll all camp out in my room.”
“I’m all right with that!” Renée exclaimed jumping out of the car.
“I’m sure you would be…” Evoni mumbled to herself getting out of the car too.
“Will you be sleeping over as well?” Sara asked Alistair seductively, she obviously thought she still had a chance.
“It would seem so.” He answered.
So Tom, Renée, Sara, Andrew, Alistair and Evoni walked into the house waving good bye to the others in the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
la la la la la la la la la la la la la la fish are awesome la la la la la la la -subliminal message- la la la la la