Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Hannah’s eyes bugged out so far I was afraid they were going to end up on the floor. And Crystal looked like she had been stabbed.
“What?!” they cried at the same time.
“I think so.” I said nodding my head. “I haven’t gotten my “friend” yet, it’s over two weeks late, and I’ve been feeling terrible lately.” I said going to the cashier and buying it. He ringed it up and smiled at me.
“I know who you are.” He said. I then noticed he was wearing a MCR shirt under his red CVS vest. I looked at Crystal and Hannah who sprang into action.
“So you like MCR?” Crystal asked as I walked to the bathroom. Five minutes later I walked out, knowing my fate. All the guys where now talking to the kid. Hannah had gone back to the bus and Crystal had gone to a disserted aisle with Frankie to make out. I walked over to the guys and Gee put his arm around me.
“You ok Bella?” he asked.
“Fine.” I said smiling and kissing him lightly. “I’m going back on the bus.”
“Ok, see you in a few.” I smiled and hurried to the bus.
“Hannah?” I asked. She came out of the bunk area and looked at me.
“So?”
“I’m. Going. To. Be. A. Mom.” I said taking deep breaths.
“Oh my god, Maira! You’re pregnant!” Hannah cried jumping up and down.
“I can’t be my parents are going to kill me.” I said sitting down on the couch. “I’m only 19.” I said feeling a tear roll down my cheek.
“It’s ok Maira.” Hannah said hugging me as the door to the bus opened.
“What’s wrong?” Gerard asked followed by everyone else.
“Nothing.” I said wiping my cheeks. “Gee, I need to talk to you.” I said. He nodded and followed me into the bathroom, the only place to get privacy. I opened my purse and took out the little device thing that told me I was pregnant and handed to Gerard.
“Where did you get this?” he asked looking at it.
“I bought it.” I said looking down.
“Whose is it?” he asked concerned.
“Mine, ours.” I said not meeting his glance.
“You’re- I’m… wait, what? No it can’t be.”
“They don’t lie.” I said feeling my eyes flood again. “I’m too young to be a mom! I’m not even old enough to drink!” I said sitting on the floor. Gerard was silent for a minute.
“I need a smoke.” He said pushing past me and going outside. I sobbed into my hands as Crystal, Hannah, and Mikey ran in.
“Shhh, shhh Maira it’s ok.” Mikey said helping me up and bringing me to my bed.
“No, no… it’s not.” I whispered.
“Shhh, rest now, don’t worry.” He said kissing my head. My eye lids fluttered. Once, twice…. And I was gone into a deep sleep.
“And if they get me and the sun goes down into the ground
And if they get me take this spike to my heart and….
And if they get me and the sun goes down
And if they get me take this spike and
You put the spike in my heart.”
Someone was singing softly. I kept my eyes closed and waited a minute to open them. It was Gerard. He was singing “Vampires will never hurt you” to the baby. His head was to my stomach with one ear pressed to my stomach. He kissed my stomach and looked up at me.
“I’m sorry pint size.” He said kissing my stomach again. “It’s not that I don’t want a kid, or that I don’t love you, it’s just I’m not ready.” I sat up causing his head to fall onto the bed.
“You’re not ready?” I said laughing. “Gerard, you’re not the one pregnant! You’re not the 19 year old whose parents are going to kill them. How do you think I felt when you pushed past me without saying a word to me?” I said looking at him. “If you don’t want to have this baby you can leave me, but I’m not going to leave my baby.” I said knowing I was sure about what I was saying.
“What about an abortion?” he asked meeting my eyes.
“How dare you suggest that?” I said in a harsh whisper. “I’m not killing my baby.”
“It’s my baby too.” He said getting angry.
“And you want to kill it!” I cried getting up.
“I’m scared!” he yelled at me.
“And you think I’m not?” I yelled back at him, he was silent. “Can you only think of yourself? This baby may not be here at the right time, and they might be a mistake, but I love it more than any other person, besides you on this earth. And I’m going to take care of it, with or without you.” I said leaving the room.
“Maira? Where are you going?” Crystal asked as I walked out the door.
“I don’t know.” I said in a daze. I walked and walked until I came to a telephone booth. I picked up the phone and called someone I hadn’t called in years.