Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 15

Chapter 15
Here I was, standing in an airport in New Orleans, my boyfriend half a world away along with my other friends…. And I was still pregnant. I stood among all the other people running around the place; I had no idea of what Abby looked like now. Finally I saw a woman staring at me. She had brown hair and blue eyes, like Abby, only when we were friends Abby had blond hair. The woman was holding a baby, the baby had blue eyes also and white blond hair. He lay in his mother’s arms sucking his foot. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a small t-shirt that had a sun on it.
“Abby?” I called looking at the woman.
“Maira!” she cried running over to me. “I missed you so much!” she said hugging me. The baby let out a cry of protest from being squished. “Jackson, shhh.” Abby said cuddling the baby. “This is my little boy.” She said rubbing his head.
“Hi Jackson.” I said in my baby voice, he looked at me and gave me a big smile.
“He likes you.” Abby said looping one arm through mine. “How are things with Gee?”
“Better, we talked… he wants the baby and he didn’t really want me to come but I told him I needed a vacation. Bob really helped me too.”
“Bob? Which one is that?”
“The drummer, he’s my best friend besides from you, Gerard, Mikey, Hannah, Frankie and Crystal.”
“Hannah and Crystal?” Abby asked looking at me as I grabbed my bags.
“Mikey and Frank’s girlfriends; they’re real sweet… you’d love them.” I said rolling my suitcase along.
“Let me see the rock!” Abby said stopping me.
“How did you know I was engaged?” I asked.
“It’s all over the news.” Abby said hoisting Jackson up so he could look around.
“Oh god….” I said. “Oh! Do you mind if I call Gee quickly? I promised him I’d call when I got in, I should probably tell him about the leak too.” I said.
“Sure.” Abby said as we got to her car. She put Jackson in the back and popped the trunk for me.
“Hello?” came a very sleepy voice.
“Hi baby. I’m sorry I woke you up. I forgot the time difference. Where are you guys now?”
“Um…. Germany.”
“How is it there?”
“Freezing, but it may just be because I don’t have anyone to share my bed with.” I felt my lip tremble from him saying that.
“I miss you Gee.” I said looking down at the cement.
“I miss you too pint size.”
“How is everyone?”
“Good….. Frank’s going to ask Crystal to marry him when you get back, but you didn’t hear it from me.” He whispered. I laughed.
“We have a problem.”
“Oh god, what?”
“The news got wind of our engagement. I guess they’re broadcasting it like crazy.”
“Aw great, at least they don’t know about…” he trailed off.
“Yeah, that would be bad….. Considering I haven’t told my parents yet.” I said as Abby pulled out of the airport parking lot.
“You haven’t told your parents yet?!” Abby cried shaking her head.
“No.” I replied to her.
“Huh?” Gerard asked confused.
“Nothing, I was saying something to Abby.”
“Oh…… hi Abby!” he said.
“Gerard says hi.” I said to Abby.
“HI GERARD!” she cried waking Jackson and causing him to cry. “Darn, I gotta learn not to scream when Jackson is sleeping!” she said to herself. Gerard laughed on the other end of the phone and the world.
“Happy birthday Bella.” He said sweetly.
“Will you sing me a song?” I asked.
“Bella, everyone is asleep.”
“Please?” I said.
“Ok, hold on.” Gerard said I heard him get up and walk into the bathroom.
“And we’ll fly home
We’ll fly home
You and I
We’ll fly home
Come on!
Well now I’m back in the middle of the day that starts it all.
I can’t begin to let you know just what I’m feeling.
And now the red ones make me fly,
And the blue ones help me fall.” He sang to me very quietly. “Put the baby on.” He said.
“The baby?” I asked confused.
“Our baby.” He said.
“Ok.” I said taking my phone to my stomach. I left it there for a minute and then brought the phone back to my ear.
“Now make sure mommy doesn’t do anything to make her tired. I love you baby, so much… and I’ll love you and Mommy forever.” I smiled feeling a tear fall down my cheek. I waited a second before I calmed down and spoke.
“Baby? You still there?”
“I’m here Bella, I’m not going anywhere.”