Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 19

Chapter 19
“How long have we been in here for?” Annie asked on the forth day of being cooped up in the small apartment.
“Too long.” Abby said pulling her blanket around her tighter.
“Do you guys hear that?” I asked suddenly.
“What?” Annie asked as I got up and walked to the window.
“Oh…. Guys get the stuff you need and get the babies out of here now!” I cried.
“What’s wrong?” Abby asked panicked picking up Jackson and his diaper bag.
“There’s a huge wall of water coming this way we have to get to the roof!” I cried.
“Oh my god! Hurry!” Annie cried grabbing Maggie and her diaper bag. I grabbed a tent that was in the closet, blankets, water bottles and food and passed them up to Abby who was already on the roof. I forgot Mr. Fuzz and my picture of me and Gee! I ran back to the room just as the windows started to crash opened from the pressure of the water.
“Maira hurry!” Annie called. I grabbed my things and started to run, but not fast enough. I got swooped up by a wave of water and hit my head on the wall. The last thing I remember seeing is the door to the roof being closed and the thought that I was never going to see Gerard again flash through my head before I blacked out.
<<Gerard’s Point of View>>
“I’m trying, I’m trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through and
I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there’s nothing else to do
But prove myself to you and we’ll keep it running.” I sang, I couldn’t deal with this anymore, the song was almost over. It ended finally and I took the mic.
“Hey guys.” I said. “You guys know about Hurricane Katrina in America?” A loud roar of ‘yeses’ filled the arena. “Well my girlfriend, Maira went there to visit her friend about a week ago and… and we don’t know if she made it through the storm.” I said tears threatening to fall. I looked at the cameras that were broadcasting the show all over the world. “Maira baby, hold on…. I’m coming for you, hold on my pint size Bella; hold on!” I shouted. I still had to sing one more song, but I couldn’t do it, my heart wasn’t in it. So I walked off the stage… the first time in my life I walked off the stage to boos that didn’t even bother me.

“Do you Gerard Author Way take Maira Celina Rank to be your lawful wedded wife?”
“I do.” Gerard said putting the ring on his glowing bride.
“And do you Maira Celina Rank take Gerard Author Way to be your lawful wedded husband?” The church has white and yellow velvet all over; flowers hang from the sides of the pews. Hundreds of people are packed in the large church. Candles provided the only light in the entire building.
“I do.” Maira said tightening her grip on Gerard’s hand. I stood in the back of the packed church, who am I? I looked over into the mirror…. I was Maira Rank. Then it all came flooding back to me. Gerard was mine! This girl, whoever she is, is pretending to be me.
“If anyone objects to the union of these two fine people, speak now or forever hold your peace.” I tried to open my mouth but nothing came out. I stepped closer to the middle of the church and realized I was wearing a ripped, tattered, and bloody wedding gown. They’re lips got closer and closer together until they were inches apart; I finally found my voice.
“NOOO!” I shouted. “Maira” and Gerard looked at me, Gerard with confusion on his face and “Maira” with a shocked look.
“Who are you?” Gerard asked walking closer to me.
“I’m Maira Rank!” I cried.
“No you’re not, I am.” The girl said walking in front of Gerard.
“Then why do I have the ring?” I asked holding out my finger, it wasn’t there. “Where did it go?!” I cried holding my hand to my face.
“Shall we proceed?” the girl asked pulling Gerard back to the altar. Gerard shook his head and walked back to the altar, they kissed.
“I know pronounce you husband and wife.” The priest said smiling.
“NO, I’M MAIRA RANK!” I cried pulling the flowers off the sides of the pews. Frank and Bob ran to me trying to get me to stop. “Frankie, Bob….. You know who I am don’t you?” I asked franticly.
“No.” Frank snorted at me. “I’ve never seen you in my life.”
“Bob! Bob…. Please! Bob please!” I cried pulling him into a hug. “We’re best friends, Bob!” he pried me off him and looked at me.
“I don’t know you.” He said. Tears fell down my cheeks and hit my dress, it wasn’t tears running down my cheeks, it was blood. I understood. My heart was broken causing the blood to fall from my eyes. I looked up from the floor where I had fell and looked at Gerard. He walked over to me.
“Get her out of here, she’s scaring Maira.” He said.
“No, I’m Maira! Gee, please….. I’m Maira!” I cried. The church started to get fuzzy, Gerard and “Maira” blacked out and soon all I could see was black.
“Where am I?” I cried.
“Maira? Maira? Maira, please wake up Maira!” I heard a voice echo. I ran towards it. And fell down a never ending hole.