Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 20

Chapter 20
“Maira, Maira… please!” My eyelids were heavy but I finally was able to open them. The sky met my tired eyes. Along with Abby and Annie who were staring down at me.
“What happened?” I asked sitting up.
“You got caught in the building when you went back to get something. The water was getting so high; we had to close the door so it wouldn’t come up on the roof. The dam broke.” Abby said pointing to where the dam once was. I looked down at myself, I was soaked.
“Did I have anything with me?” I asked.
“Yeah, this.” Annie said handing me the picture.
“I didn’t have a stuffed bear with me?” I asked.
“No.” Abby said.
“What about the baby? How long was I under water?”
“About two minutes. Annie had to give you CPR. We didn’t know what we were going to do if you didn’t wake up.” Abby said wiping her tear stained cheeks.
“What about the baby?” I asked again.
“We don’t know how the baby is.” Annie answered honestly.
We were on the roof for a day when we heard noises. It was a helicopter. Army men sat on one side and messy looking people sat on the other… is that what I looked like? They turned, they’re leaving.
“WAIT!” I yelled running to the edge of the roof.
<<Gerard’s Point of view>>
“This is all the people we’ve pulled from houses so far.” A guardsman told me. I had come by myself and left the guys in Austria. I needed to find Maira. I walked around the people that were rescued.
“Did you see a small girl with black hair with brown streaks? With brown eyes?” I asked a girl about Maira’s age.
“No, I can’t say I have. I’m sorry.” She said shaking her head.
“Thank you anyways.” I said sitting down on the cot.

<<Maira’s Point of view>>
“How’s this?” I asked holding up the piece of the side of the house and writing HELP US! On it.
“Write who you are on it.” Annie said.
“Do you think that will make a difference?” I asked looking at her.
“Definitely. If Gerard’s here he’s probably raising hell so the more you write to prove who you are the faster we could get rescued.” Abby said. So I added MAIRA RANK IS HERE! A helicopter was passing by.
“Get the sign!” Annie yelled. We held it up. The helicopter stopped and looked at the sign and then flew away.
<<MCR’s point of view>>
“Oh my god look!” Mikey cried pointing to the TV. We turned to hear the news women talk.
“Someone seems to have known Maira Rank, fiancée of My Chemical Romance front man Gerard Way was in New Orleans because here’s what’s been seen.” A video flashed up of three people holding up a sign that read HELP US! MAIRA RANK IS HERE! Then went back to the news woman, but everyone started yelling as Frankie picked up his cell phone and dialed Gerard’s cell number.
<<Gerard’s Point of View>>
“Hello?” I said lying on a cot in the shelter near the French Quarter.
“Dude! Did you check the news?” Frankie yelled.
“No, why?” I asked.
“Someone has a sign up that says Maira Rank is here. You got to send someone down to check it out.”
“It’s probably just some people trying to get rescued faster.” I said sighing.
“Mr. Way? We’re going out to search by boat if you’d like to come.” Martin, a police officer said to me.
“I would, thank you.” I said. “Listen Frankie, I got to go.”
“No Gee, I’m telling you go to that building!” Frankie said.
“Maybe.” I said hanging the phone up. We left and headed to the French Quarter.
<<Maira’s Point of View>>
“Oh! Do you guys hear that? It sounds like a boat!” I said. Annie looked over the side.
“It is there are two people. A police officer and someone else, they have their hood up I can’t tell who they are.”
“Get the sign!” I cried. We held it over the side of the building. The boat’s engine killed off.
“Don’t write things that aren’t true!” we heard a guy yelling.
“We’re not!” Annie yelled back. “Maira Rank is here, she’s trying to hold the sign up.”
“That’s not funny in the least bit, you should be left up there, and she’s carrying my child!” I heard a voice, Gerard’s voice!
“Gerard?” I whispered.
“Maira… say something!” Abby said. My throat was swollen and I couldn’t.
“I can’t!” I said.
“We’ll come back to get you when you learn to tell the truth.” The man said.
“NO! I’M MAIRA RANK! I’M PREGAGNT AND I’M UP HERE! GET ME DOWN THIS INSTANT! WE HAVE TWO BABIES UP HERE!” I shouted behind the sign. I never shouted like a Hollywood brat, but desperate time call for desperate measures.
“PROVE IT!” Gerard shouted.
“FINE!” I shouted and threw the picture of Gerard and I over the edge.
<<Gerard’s point of view>>
“PROVE IT!” I shouted.
“FINE!” the girl called back. Thunk. Something hit me on the head and fell to the floor of the boat. Rubbing my head I picked it up, it was the picture of Maira and me when I told her I liked her.
“Maira?” I cried.
“What?” she called back.
“Put the sign down Miss, so we can see your face.” Martin said. The sign was put down and someone walked over to the edge of the roof.
<<Maira’s point of view>>
I walked over to the edge and looked down. There was Gerard, standing in the boat with a look of hope on his face. His head was bleeding; the picture frame must have hit him on its way down.
“Oh, baby… you’re bleeding.” I said.
“MAIRA! Bella, I thought I was never going to see you again!” he cried.
“Gerard be careful….” Too late, he fell over the side of the boat and knocked his head on a piece of wood floating by.
“Oh my god!” I cried running to the door that brought me down to the lower parts of the apartment.