Baby, We Have Eternity

Good Luck

My door swung open and Mike came in, a grim look on his face.

“William wants to speak with you, Hanna.”

“Mike,” I whispered, sitting up from my spot on my bed. He walked over, looking at me sympathetically. “Please don’t make me-”

“You know I don’t have a choice,” he said, sitting next to me and pulling me into a hug. “I’m sorry.” I buried my face in his shirt, knowing he was right. We stayed there for a few minutes.

“Come on,” he said, pulling away suddenly. “You shouldn’t keep him waiting.” I nodded, letting him pull me up from my spot on the bed. My weak state was making my legs feel like jelly.

I followed Mike to William’s wing of the manor, leaning on him for support.

“Good luck,” Mike whispered, before pushing the door open for me.

I walked in hesitantly. William was seated at his desk, eyes on me as I stood there silently.

“Hanna,” he said, still looking at me with that icy stare as I crossed the room. “Turns out I have use for you after all.” He stood from his chair and walked around his desk to stop in front of me. I tensed a little as he leaned down to whisper his instructions into my ear.

“I…I can’t…” I stammered, voice cracking, the dryness of my throat not helping the matter.

“You want to see your little boyfriend again, don’t you?” he hissed, eyes narrowing at me in disgust. “This is your chance.”

I stared at the floor, hot tears prickling my eyes.

He suddenly turned to his desk again. When he turned back around, he was holding a wine glass of blood in his hand, and my throat ached worse than it had in my whole bloodless two weeks. He smirked as I stared at it hopefully.

It had been two weeks since I had last hunted. He knew this, and was openly taunting me as he sipped it nonchalantly. I swallowed and licked my cracked lips, trying not to think about it. Now I knew that he had been starving me for this exact moment.

“Are you thirsty, Hanna?” he taunted, waving the glass carelessly in front of my face.

“Yes,” I answered, knowing what I would have to do to live.

“Would you like some?”

“Yes.”

“Then you’ll do as I say,” he commanded. I stared at the floor.

“Okay,” I whispered, barely audible. He grinned sickeningly, showing his fangs.

“Let’s drink to your boyfriend, then,” he said, pouring a glass for me.

My throat flamed harshly and it was all I could do to keep myself from snatching it out of his hands.

He handed it to me slowly. I took it, my hands beginning to shake badly, causing it to make an appetizing sloshing sound in the glass.

“To…Wentz,” he spat mockingly, clicking his glass against mine. I gratefully brought the cup to my lips and gulped down its contents.

It tasted like betrayal.

William smirked in amusement as he watched me down the glass, soon pouring me more.

He was back in control.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“Hanna, are you okay?” Michael asked me in concern.

I had been staring wordlessly at the ceiling, curled up on Brendon’s bed as the five of them talked.

Obviously, I couldn’t tell them what William was making me do.

They wouldn’t know until it actually happened.

Brendon suddenly joined me, tugging me up in order to lean on him. I rested my head on his shoulder and he rubbed my back wordlessly.

“Anyone want to go hunting?” Ryan asked suddenly, obviously wanting to give me some alone time.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Michael agreed, ushering Spencer and Jon out with them.

After the door closed behind them, the tears began falling and Brendon wrapped his arms tightly around me.

“Did he hurt you?” he asked quietly.

“No,” I whispered back. Not physically, at least.

“Can you tell me what he said?” I shook my head frantically.

“No. I can’t get you in trouble.” He sighed.

“Is there anything I can do?” he asked.

“I don’t think so.”

“I’ll try anyway,” he informed me.

He held me and we fell silent for awhile.

“There is one thing,” I said suddenly.

“I’ll do anything you need,” he assured me firmly.

“Find Pete. Tell him I’ll come to see him next week.”

“Okay,” he said, after a brief hesitation.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was supposed to be two separate chapters, but I combined them.

Comment thanks: Kaname-Fan, Oliver Spencer Smith, ashgal19, Chemically Imbalanced, & get-unique. : )