Baby, We Have Eternity

Stupid New Vampires

I reached out my hand to push the door open, but it swung open a split second before.

I was face to face with a red-head with wild hair, who immediately pulled me in by the arms.

“Look what I found!” he announced jokingly to the other three vampires I registered in the room.

I suppressed a growl as I tried to pull away from him, but he was too strong. He grinned down at me.

“This isn’t a place for a pretty girl like you,” he murmured, as I glared him down with narrowed eyes. A growl escaped my lips, revealing my fangs. He looked a little surprised to see that I was a vampire, too.

Stupid new vampires.

They were always so cocky.

“Leave her alone, Travis,” a voice came from the top of stairs. “You don’t know who she is.”

He immediately let go of me and I turned to see Mike smiling lightly at me as he descended the staircase.

“Hanna,” he said. “I didn’t think you’d return.”

I ran over to hug him, glaring back at ‘Travis,’ who looked a bit confused.

“Sorry about that, they’re new,” he murmured into my ear, nodding towards the four unfamiliar vampires, who were now standing awkwardly on the other side of the room, staring in uncertainty at our exchange. “Come on,” he said, leading me up the stairs.

I shot one last glare at the red head before following him.

“What are you doing here? Don’t get me wrong, it’s amazing to see you, but…why did you come back?” Mike asked, shutting the door to his bedroom behind us. I bowed my head, trying to remember any of the excuses Patrick had invented for me, but in the end, I felt guilty for lying to Mike.

“I’m not so sure,” I replied, looking at him. He stared grimly back at me.

It was a half-lie.

“Do you know what you’re risking?” he asked in concern.

“Yes,” I replied, biting my bottom lip nervously. “Is he really that bad now? C-Can I see him?” I asked hesitantly, nervously avoiding the original question.

“Are you sure?” he asked, looking surprised. I nodded. “I guess I can talk to him first…” he trailed off doubtfully. “Make him see reason…”

“Mike, it would help me so much if you did. You have no idea,” I told him. He frowned.

“What do you mean?” he asked slowly.

“I…nothing. I can’t say,” I admitted, avoiding his eyes as he studied me. “Just…please. I need your help.”

I met his gaze pleadingly.

“You know I’d do anything for you, Hanna,” he reassured me, patting my hand. “I just don’t know what he’ll say. He’s unpredictable right now. I can’t say whether he’ll welcome you back or-”

He didn’t continue and I winced at the thought of what would happen to me if William decided he had no use for me.

But I had the support of most of the vampires and hunters in the city.

They wouldn’t let anything happen to me.

…right?

“Mike. I need this,” I stated firmly.
♠ ♠ ♠
William's back in the next one...