Baby, We Have Eternity

It's All I Expect

I put on the black dress and set off to William’s wing of the manor a few minutes before midnight.

He was already waiting when I got there. He looked me up and down once before nodding once in approval. He held out his arm and I took it dutifully and we headed down to the main hall.

He paused before we reached the doors.

I sighed. I always hated this. When the doors open and all of them just stare like I’m his.

Like he owns me.

“What kind of behavior are you going to be on?” he whispered, hand on the door.

“My best,” I replied dully.

“It’s all I expect,” he replied, before pushing the door open. Just like I said, they all stared as we made our way across the room, to where Gabe and his clan were seated. The five of them stood up as we approached them. Compared to our clan, Gabe’s was meager.

“Beckett,” Gabe greeted, holding a hand out for William to shake.

“Saporta,” William answered, also extending a pale hand.

“You remember Nate, Alex, Ryland, and Victoria?” Gabe asked, as William went around shaking all their hands. I glanced at Victoria; she was the only other female vampire I had seen in a long time, and hadn’t been with Gabe’s clan when they had last come. I was the only one in our clan, on William’s orders. They looked friendly enough, but I doubted I’d ever get the chance to know for sure.

“Hanna,” William introduced me curtly, giving me a look that clearly stated, “Be polite or else.”

“Hello,” I said, in a polite tone completely out of character. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eyes, and he gave a slight nod of approval. I stuck out my hand for them to shake, starting with Gabe.

“Of course I remember the beautiful Hanna,” Gabe said, taking my hand in his before lifting it to his lips for a kiss. Had I still been human, I would have blushed under William’s narrowed eyes. I quickly shook the hands of the other four.

After that scenario, our clan and Gabe’s clan settled into smaller, integrated groups. I was seated next to William as he spoke to Gabe. I noticed Gabe starting at me more than once, which was making me uneasy. In addition to that, William had noticed as well and had snaked an arm around my waist, pulling me uncomfortably close to his body so that I was all but on his lap, again as if I were his. I resisted the urge to push him away.

One of the clan was walking around, serving glasses filled with the deep red liquid. Just seeing it made my throat burn, even though I had not been thirsty since before I hunted last night. The vampire made his way over to us, handing each of us a glass.

I was eager to down mine as soon as I got it, but got a severe look from William that told me not to.

“William,” Gabe said, holding out his glass to touch William’s. “To your clan.”

“And yours,” William replied, touching the glasses that made a small clink as they touched. Gabe gazed at me as he drank, but I was concentrating on the blood in the glass. I glanced at William, who nodded.

I raised my glass to my lips and sipped as slowly as I could manage. This was the only part of these gatherings I enjoyed. William always got the sweetest blood. I didn’t know how or where, but he always did. It was a thousand times better than the drunk I had hunted from last night.

As the sun’s rays became just barely visible, each of the clan began to head off to their respective rooms. William informed Gabe and his clan where they would be staying the day and they headed off as well.

William walked me back to my room, which was quite rare for him nowadays.

“You did well tonight,” he said, coming closer to my face. I could still smell the sweet blood on his breath. He placed a hand on the side of my face before kissing me on the lips.

And for all the things he’s done to make me hate him, I still enjoyed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am updating super early for a number of reasons:

1. I saw TAI on Friday and it was pretty much amazing cuz I was second/third row and got one of Mike Carden's guitar picks. I really wanted Chizzy's, but I'm still super happy and can't complain at all, even though my arms are killing me.
2. I already have three stars on this story because my Special Commenters Club is amazing hahaha thanks guys! (new commenter = NicciNarcisist, thank you very much!)
3. I thought you needed a Mean William fix...lmao, I love reading your comments.
4. I bought purple pants today. I know that's irrelevant, but it made me happy.

In conclusion: Many comments + coming home from TAI with Mike's pick to read them + new purple pants = happy Cris(that's me)
Happy Cris + lovely comments = inspiration.
Inspiration = more updates.

I think you get the genral equation. : )