Baby, We Have Eternity

Not Part of the Plan

I was walking down the hall when Mike stopped me. He jumped right to the point after glancing around to make sure we were alone in the corridor.

“William asked me to keep an eye on you,” Mike said, glancing at me to make sure I understood his true meaning. I nodded, understanding. “But I’m not going to spy on you,” he said simply. “But I can’t be sure if he’s asked anyone else to do the same, so-”

“I should be careful,” I finished, nodding knowingly.

“Just putting that out there,” he said.

“Thanks, Mike.”

I continued down the familiar hall that had once been the guys’ rooms, but then headed down the main staircase once I saw that my new friends weren’t there.

I had been hanging out with Travis, Danny, Hunter, and Drew as of late. Obviously, William and Mike kept busy the majority of the time, and I didn’t want to be alone, so I had sought them out.

They weren’t so bad, once they apologized for the misunderstanding at my arrival.

They were actually very nice and funny, making me miss everyone back at the warehouse all the more.

They liked to play pranks on the other Dandies in their free time. Being the first people William had turned after half of us left gave them a high status just below Mike, in replacement of Michael, Jon, Brendon, Spencer, and Ryan.

“What are you doing?” Travis demanded of a nearby Dandy just as I had hit the last step.

The Dandy looked startled; he was obviously one of William’s latest creations, I didn’t recognize him at all. “Beckett hates green!” he exploded, in reference to the new Dandy’s shirt. “I’d take that off if I were you!”

The Dandy headed off, mumbling an embarrassed apology along the way.

The four of them burst into laughter as soon as he was out of earshot.

“You guys are all so mean,” I said, rolling my eyes at them. “Especially you, Trav,” I added, hitting his arm lightly. He grinned in a mischievous way that reminded me of Brendon.

“Hey, what’s the fun in being a vampire if you can’t use your Dandy status to mess with everyone?” Danny pointed out, defending his friend.

“I know what we can do now…” Hunter began, but I wasn’t listening; something had changed.

All my senses became alert and I stayed frozen to figure out what was different.

They continued up the stairs to carry out what must have been a brilliant suggestion by Hunter, but I stayed behind.

I headed for the door. I felt a presence on the other side, and I had a feeling I knew who was there.

My eyes widened in surprise, seeing Brendon and Ryan standing there in front of me.

This was not part of the plan.

I was speechless, staring blankly at the two of them in front of me.

“Don’t look at me, it was his idea!” Ryan quickly defended. Brendon scowled at him.

“Brendon…” I began, sighing, I ushered them out the front door, to the edge of the property where we wouldn’t be seen, somewhat hidden by a few trees.

“I was worried about you. I had to make sure you were alright.” He raised a hand to my face. “He hasn’t…hurt you?” he asked, a look of concern overtaking his face as he stroked my cheek.

“No,” I reassured him. He sighed in relief, taking his hand back. “Maybe…I should get Mike?” I asked, glancing between the two of them. “He helped me out. William still doesn’t trust me, but Mike talked to him, he’s kind of helping me out.”

“That would be great,” Ryan said.

“But seriously. This isn’t safe. What are you doing here?” I scolded them, trying my hardest to ignore Brendon wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head against mine.

“Patrick wants us back on the inside, maybe convince some Dandies to join us. Do you know of any?”

“Maybe…” I trailed off, thinking of my new friends. “But let me get Mike first.”

They nodded, and Brendon took the opportunity to turn me around and kiss me deeply before I went back inside to find Mike.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m sorry if these past few chapters have been shitty. I keep second-guessing myself with this story. I don’t know what it is, but I can’t shake the feeling that this story’s not as…I don’t know, good as when I started it, I guess? : / I feel like it’s dragging or something. I hope It’s not boring anyone.

There are four or five more chapters left, I hope the end will make up for it, I’m working really hard on that chapter.

Thanks: bellabelle, silver-rose-forever, & maccaveen.....