Baby, We Have Eternity

I Hope So

I sat at the edge of my bed, with a bundle in my lap.

There was a hand-written note attached to the top in William’s long, slanted, handwriting, but I didn’t open it just yet.

It was a good few minutes before I could bring myself to rip the parcel open containing my attire for the evening and read the note.

My wing no later than midnight.
I expect the same behavior as I always did.
You know what’s at stake.
-William


I sighed, shaking my head at the implications of that last line; I knew he didn’t trust me, and I didn’t expect him to. But I needed to keep up this act for just a bit longer.

I vaguely realized that in addition to tonight being for the benefit of William’s new allies, it was a good occasion to show me off.

I could only imagine what they would think.

Surely something along the lines of how I obviously couldn’t stand to be away from him and had pathetically come crawling back.

I let out another sigh and ripped the package open, revealing a short, backless, black dress.

I obviously met William outside his rooms exactly on time two hours later.

He ran his eyes over me, almost making me shudder with guilt and then led me off, guiding me along the halls and down the stairs with his hand at the small of my bare back.

I tried my hardest not to cringe or flinch away from his touch.

I didn’t like it in the least.

I was of course seated next to William, with Mike on his right, and Travis, Hunter, Danny, Drew, and William’s guests surrounding.

Ryan and Brendon, however, were obviously no longer trusted to be in his inner circle any longer and left to mingle with the other vampires, hopefully rounding up allies for Patrick without appearing too suspicious.

The party wasn’t as bad as I had remembered them to be.

Afterwards, William allowed me to leave for my room while he saw his guests off.

He was not expected to return until the next night.

I yawned as I walked down the corridors; it was almost sunrise.

“Hanna!” I heard a sharp whisper. I turned to see Brendon. He pulled me into his dark bedroom and shut the door behind us.

“Hmm?” I murmured, brushing his hair from his eyes. He gave me a half-smile, leaning his forehead against mine and placing his hands on either side of my face.

“I missed you,” he answered simply. I smiled back, pressing my lips against his. He pressed back firmly.

He pinned me against the door, slipping his tongue inside my mouth. I sighed, softly running my hands through his hair as one of his hands stroked the skin of my back and the other my cheek.

“Bren-” I said, stopping him. “We can’t- I mean, what if someone finds us and-”

“They’re all asleep. William is gone,” he reminded me, kissing along my jaw line. I relaxed, giving in to his kisses. “You smell like him. I don’t like it. I don’t like sharing you,” he murmured, pulling away just slightly to look into my eyes. I raised my hand to brush my thumb across his cheek. I gave him a small smile.

“It will be okay soon,” I reassured. He nuzzled his face into my neck.

“I hope so.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally finished writing the last chapter, and there are three more left...it's going to be kind of weird ending this story, but at the same time a relief. I'm thinking I'll probably do a sequel, but it would focus on Pete and what happens to him after this is done, so it would be more of a spin-off, I guess, even though old characters would obviously be involved. So it'd be nice if you could drop me a comment of how you feel about that.

Thanks: whisper-war, ashgal19, silver-rose-forever, shmileysRkewl, & bellabelle.