Sequel: Something Else

And if I Die Before I Wake...

Lucifer's POV

Ugh, its only Tuesday.

Being the only halfbreed in my knowledge, it wasn't as if I particularly enjoyed coming to school. Ugh, espeacially high school. A bunch of hormonal teenagers and creepy teachers were not exactly my idea of fun. But who was I to talk right? I'd been 17 for exactly one hundred and two years tomorrow. Not that anyone cared about the day of my 'birth.' Being a halfbreed was complicated, considering 102 years ago I was a normal human. Then I got fangs. And then the cravings started coming.

And then I killed someone.

She was a fifteen year old girl named Melanie. Oh, how sweet she smelled. I can still remember it. She was helpless with me just feet away from her in a deserted corridor of the academy. My heartbeat pounded.

"Hello." she had said. She was nervous, but seemed a bit curious. If only she knew.
"Hello." I replied, my voice rough and low. I tried to conceal my instincts, I didn't want her running away. There was a shot silence. A feral growl escaped my thoat and I lunged at her. She was pinned between the wall and myself before she could even utter a breath. She struggled and whimpered. A pang of guilt surged through me then, but I could not stop my self. It made me sick!

"Hey you!" a voice called from the edge of the corridor. It was Melanie's betrothed, and beloved, Marcus. Running footsteps and labored breathing came quickly towards me. He was worried about her. He knew. I did not look back.

"I am truly sorry Melanie." I muttered.

"Lucifer?"

"Forgive me."

There was a loud P-O-P as my kanines sunk deep into her neck. She let out a squeak before her body went limp and the color started to drain from her features, leaving her form crumpled on the ground; blood clinging to my skin. I straightened myself and took her hand. She was so cold now. . .

My namesake truly did fit me.

I shook the thoughts from my head as I walked into the AP History classroom. I was early as usual, it was better that way. Then no one would stare at me. Though, my concealed attempts at normality casted more attention than I had planned, instead of taking it away. I absentmindedly doodled in my notebook while we were supposed to be taking notes, willing the clock to strike twelve, to lift this blasted curse. Sadly, this life wasn't like a fairytale, no matter how many decades I had wished it were.

The presance of eyes on the back of my neck distracted me. It shouldn't have, people stared at me all the time. But this...there was a menace in this one. I sighed inwardly, it must be time to move again. Though I admit I was curious, I did not look back. The bell shattered the uncomfortable silence and I stood quickly, grabbing my text and note books, exiting the classroom before anyone else had time to think. I strode over to my locker and wrenched it open, grasping a vile of blue liquid. I drank it quickly, grateful for the calmness it made within me. This liquid was my own invention, made to sate my cravings for human blood. It helped me stay in one place longer.

The sound of footsteps and opening doors caught my attention, and I tried my best to escape the hallway before anyone had a chance to ask me a question. Why was that stare so. . . so different?
♠ ♠ ♠
Fear my doomly goodness! The story is going to have some short and some long chapters so you never know...
hopefully long ones. ^.^'