Sequel: Something Else

And if I Die Before I Wake...

Lucifer's POV

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Then you can't be a vampire, which I know you are, so stop lying." she stated, rather matter-of-factly.

I shrugged and leaned against the doorframe, smirking at her; crimson eyes gleaming like firelight.

"My kind don't, actually."

She raised an eyebrow at me. I flashed my fangs. "And I don't suppose you'll tell me exactly what your kind is?"

I looked at her like I was about to tell her, but looked away at the last second, smiling to myself.

"Why do you say everything in code?"

I shrugged, looking over my shoulder at her. "I'm technically a Libra. It's what I do."

She pouted at me. "You're loving this, aren't you."

"Every precious second of your pain makes me happy." I joked. Actually, after seeing her kill over and over, it sounded rather amusing to see her writhe in pain. I shuddered at the thought of her veins drying, filling instead with the clear, plasma-like liquid that is our venom. I tasted quicksilver again, and quickly pushed the thought out of my mind. I wasn't hungry, I would save her blood for my own.

I shuddered again, discusted at myself. What was wrong with me lately? It didn't matter if she was scum, she was living and breathing and definately WAS NOt a walking meal. Even if I could still taste the blood on my lips....

I shook my head, turning back to face her, my face hard and rough.

"Let's go." I said gruffly, grasping her arms and pulling her off the couch. She grunted in pain when I realized my nails had grown into claws again.

"Sorry." I muttered and loosened my grip while still keeping a firm hold.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, please don't hate me! Rae-Chan gave me no ideas!!!