When Will This End?

Chapter 4

Image

I just finished eating my lunch and was too lazy to get up and throw away my garbage. So I looked over at Mikey with an evil smile. I watched as he took his last bite of his sandwich.

"Hey Mikey look over there!" I said pointing in the opposite direction.

In an instant he looked to where I pointed. As soon as he looked away I tossed my candy wrappers in his tray. Soon after Dez caught on, on what I did and decided to play along. She then threw her empty water bottle and all of her trash in the pile on Mikey's tray.

"What are talking about there's nothi-" He stopped and turned around to see a pile of trash on his tray. He gave us a knowing look and raised his eyebrow.

"Ana? Dez?"

We gave him innocent looks as he went to throw away our trash. Just then the bell rang indicating that lunch was over. Great! Now we're going back to our classes and to make matters even worse I have health next...with Frank.

"See you guys I gotta get to health early so no one get my seat in the back." I told them as I waved good bye.
"Alright Ana. Oh by the way I got my car fixed so if you want I could drop you off today. "She paused for a bit. "You to Mikey o-only if you want me to." Dez said blushing.

I smiled at this. She was so cute. then I looked at Mikey as he smiled widely. It was so cute. They stood looking at each other for a long time until Mikey finally snapped out of it and said "Yeah that''ll be great. Thanks."

Dez gave a relieved look and said "Great! It's no problem really. Um alright you guys.Um, I'll meet you two outside after the last bell. Okay."
"Yeah sounds good." I said.
"Perfect." Mikey agreed. Or maybe he was complimenting Dez...

I gave a little laugh before walking off. I headed back inside the school building and walked down the hallway when someone bumped into me. I looked up to the person to see that it was Maddie.

"Sorry." I said
"It's okay." She said.

I took a really good look at her this time. She looked sad and tired... and scared. I furrowed my eyes in confusion.

"Are you okay Maddie?"
She nodded and put on a fake smile. "I'm great."
I nodded "Okay. I'll see you at home?"

She didn't even look at me she just nodded and left. I watched as she walked away. I couldn't help but be worried, but then again why should I? Whenever I'm upset she feels the need to make it worse. I stopped battling with my conscience and headed to class. The seats in the back were about to be filled up so I grabbed one of the last seats. Some kid was sitting at the table with a hoodie on and their head down on the table. I decide not to wake them. I sat down quietly. About a minuet later the bell rang and Mr.Collins, my health teacher, came in.

"Alright kiddies today we're gonna be watching a video on the miracle of life."
"Awwwwww." The class echoed.
"I know, I know. This sucks. It really dose but I'm getting paid to show you the miracle of birth so sorry." Mr.Collins said.

Mr.Collins put the tape in and the movie began to play. I really don't want to watch this. The documentary was beginning. It showed pictures of babies and pregnant women expecting children. I could already tell that this was gonna be lame. I couldn't tell whether I wanted to sleep or draw. Then I remembered the guy sitting at my table that was asleep. So I glanced back at him. I saw him move a little so I looked away.

"What'r you doing back here?" Someone said.
"What?" I asked as I looked back at the person sitting next to me.

To my surprise it was Frank. Okay, it wasn't that much of a surprise.

"Why are you siting back here?" He asked again.
"Hey! Iero, quit blabbering and pay attention to the video." Mr.Collins called out from his desk causing Frank and I to jump a little and look at Mr.Collins with a dull expression.

Frank went completely silent for a few seconds then looked back at me. The expression his face was a little calmer and much more nicer than the usual face he makes when he looks at me.

"So why are you back here?" He whispered.
"Well I didn't want to sit in the front where its easy for you to throw stuff at me." I told him.

I think I sounded a little mean. I felt kind of bad because the expression on his face grew a little sad, but then he suddenly pulled on that stupid facial expression.

"But it's so much fun watching you get frustrated." He said with a slight smile.
"That's fun?"
"Yeah and you never say anything about it because your afraid."
"I'm not afraid of you. What makes you think I'm afraid of you. Annoyed is more like it."
"Okay then why don't you ever stand up for yourself. You always have Mikey, Jake, Ray or Gerard stick up for you. You can't do anything for yourself. You let people walk all over you. You need to get laid or something because your such a push over."

I looked the other way trying to block him out but he continued.

"Yeah that's all you do try to ignore it. "
"Whatever Frank." I said with a dead tone.
"Whateva Frank." He imitated me in a high pitched stupid tone.
"Shut up. That's not how I sound."
"Psh. You don't know how annoying you sound."
"Your the annoying one Frank. All you ever do is be a complete jerk! Now shut up and leave me the hell alone!" I said infuriated with tears in my eyes.

Just then everyone in the class looked back at us. I was so frustrated and mad I thought I was gonna punch him square in the face. Before Mr.Collins could say anything the bell rang.

"Alright kids we'll finish up the movie tomorrow." I heard Mr.Collins say before I ran out of there.

I didn't want to stay in school any longer so I just decided to leave. I felt so bad for doing this. I've never skipped school before! Where am I gonna go? I'm not sure if I should go home. I mean Emma and her baby sitter are home, the baby sitter won't mention this to mom. Will she? I don't care I'm leaving. After a half hour of walking I decided to stop by the comic store.
As I entered the store I saw the manager, Chris, standing by the cashier. So as usual I said my hello, as did he and I made my way to the back of the store where the seats were. Before I sat down I looked for a good comic but something caught my eye. I picked up the comic titled 'Speed Ball'.
"Hm this must be that so called crappy comic Ge was talking about." I said to myself.
I decided to check it out. I ended up just putting it back three minuets later. That was seriously wasted paper. "Now what?" I thought. There's nothing to do. I've already read all of the comics in here. I walked up to the front desk where Chris was to say goodbye.

"I guess I'll just be heading home." I told him as I waved.

Chris looked up at me from the book he was reading and smiled. "That was a short visit." He said.

"I know."

"Did you get dismissed early today?"

I looked down at my shoes then back up at him. "No..." Then I looked back at my shoes.

Chris was finally hit with realization. "Oh, I get it. Some one played hooky today."

"I just couldn't stand it. I had to leave." I told him.

"Is it Frank again?"

I nodded.

"Come on kid. Pop a squat on this chair." He said pointing the chair in front of him. "You know Frank...Frank's a guy."

I looked at him like he had two heads. "Really I would have never guessed."

Chris laughed. "No. I mean...he's clueless on how to deal with his feelings. Get it?" he asked.

"Um not really."

"Frank...he's a typical guy..."

"I think we've established that already." I said giggling. "Bottom line is Frank's a jerk to me and that's not gonna change. He just hates me, but you know what? I'm not very fond of him either so it kind of works out." I told him.

Just then I just happened to look at the clock on the wall behind Chris and it was getting late. Chris was just about to say something but I cut him off. "Uh Chris I gotta go. Um, we'll continue this little conversation another time okay." I said right before I waved at him goodbye.

"Uh, yeah alright. See ya. Be safe."

"Yeah thanks, bye."

I wonder what he was getting at. As I stepped outside I ruffled through my bag in search of my iPod. When I finally got a grip on it I took it out and turned it on full blast. I do this everyday walking home from school. Don't get me wrong I love listening to my iPod, but I just use it when I'm walking by myself so I can block out all of the disgusting comments made by disgusting older men when I walk by some of them. This happens everyday. I've gotten so sick of them. I mean, I don't even look in their direction! Why do they still hit on me? The day I saved up enough money for my iPod, was the happiest day of my life so far.

Just as I was walking along listening to Rise Against's 'The Good Left Undone' someone tugged me really hard causing my headphones to fall out of my ears. I tripped over whoever grabbed me and tried to break loose but they got a hold of me again. I kept fighting and fighting but they just wouldn't budge. I knew I was in trouble and I tried to scream for help but then they covered my mouth and tried to kiss me. All of a sudden the person let loose of me. I fell to the floor. As I got up to see what was happening the disgusting bastard that was trying to rape me was getting his ass kicked by...by Frank?
♠ ♠ ♠
Frank!? Whoa what is he doing helping Ana?