I'd Never Thought They'd Get Me Here

In conclusion, London sucks

Gerard’s POV

Ok, so, in the brief time of three hours in London we discovered several things. First one, it was an almost pointless trip. There was no way of communication anywhere, or if there was it was in some top secret room that you had to have all types of fancy ass codes to get in. Secondly Buckingham palace if really hard to break into, I think Dani just wanted to take a look but the gates were locked, the fence was too high and there were zombie guards wandering around. Last of all we have to go to fucking Glasgow. Mikey made sense of some pieces of paper we found and we’re pretty sure we’ll find what we want in Glasgow. I’m not actually sure what it is we want though.

Right now we’re on our way to Wales. I know it’s weird but Cat and Em insisted that we go there, just to see if any of the members from a show were still alive. I think it was lostprophets being supported by Fall Out Boy and The Blackout, but I’m not too sure.

“You know…” I looked up at Lucy who was spinning out Bullets CD round by its corners. “Bullets aren’t much use without a gun.” She pulled out her weapon and started pressing parts of it, I assume she was trying to figure out how to reload it. I hope she was careful, that was a new gun so it was full. Maybe it would be better if she used her emp-

“Motherfucker!” Bob slapped his hand to his thigh as a bullet grazed him and embedded itself in the van door. Everyone looked up as Frank stopped the van quickly.

“My bad…” Lucy muttered, finally clicking the button that unloaded the gun. Em sighed and went to get some bandages. I could see from here Bob’s wound wasn’t deep. It was even starting to stop bleeding as Frank started up again and drove on.

“Ellie pass the first aid kit.” Em asked the girl at the back of the van. Ellie ignored her and muttered to herself as she jotted down notes. “Ellie.” Em raised her voice. Ellie patted the seat next to her blindly, not taking her eyes off the paper, and threw the box in Em’s vague direction. Which turned out to be nowhere near her as I caught it.

“Here.” I pulled out the wadding stuff and medical tape as Bob shifted his jeans. The hole as the knee rose up enough so they could get to the graze without him having to take off his jeans completely. Em glared at Ellie before sticking on the bandage.

“Do you think we’ll find Ian or Pete?” I heard Cat ask Lu and Dani. I decided their conversation was much more interesting and joined them.

“Dunno.” Lucy shrugged. “I hope we find Lee or Sean.”

“Huh?” I asked in slight confusion.

“When we get to Wales, we’re wondering if they’ll be alive.” Dani explained.

“Oh, we’ll need a bigger van then.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, but we could always steal one.” Lucy said with a shrug. “I mean, it’s not like the owners would care if they’re all dead.”

“How long until we get there?” I asked Frank over their heads as the girls talked about the best way to steal buses.

“Uhm, well there’s no traffic so I guess another hour or so.” He called back. I nodded and climbed awkwardly over the seats to sit next to him.

“Seems everyone is holding up pretty well.” He commented, glancing in the rear view mirror.

“Yeah, after the disappointment of our one and only plan failing no one seems to bothered.” I watched Frank’s hands as he gripped the wheel. “You’ve been driving for a while, do you want to switch?” He shook his head and I shrugged and sat back. “Are you ok?”

“Considering my family may be dead if we fail I’m holding out alright.” Frank replied, his voice slightly higher than normal.

“I’m guessing that’s the case for everyone.” I sighed. “Look, let me drive, you’ve been at it for hours.” He glanced at me and a look of defeat crossed his face. He stopped the car and we climbed over each other before I drove on again.