I'd Never Thought They'd Get Me Here

Wierd or embarrasing things

Gerard’s POV

The room was empty apart from me and Ellie. She sat, making notes on a map of London. There were lines drawn over it, possible routes to the places we needed to go and notes on what could be in them.

“There.” I pointed out another road to her and she jumped. “Sorry.”

“It’s ok, I just didn’t notice you.” She smiled slightly and drew a lone along the road I’d pointed out. “You know… I have no fucking idea what the hell we’re doing here.” She told me, setting the map and pen down on the floor. “I have no idea what we’re going to find when we get there, or what we need to do.”

“Then why are we going?” I asked in confusion.

“Because it’s the only idea we’ve got.” She said with a shrug. “Damn it, this really sucks.”

“What, the whole every one’s dead thing?”

“Yeah, pretty much.” She stood and held out a hand to help me up. “Let’s go find the others in the kitchen.” She picked up her gun as we left and wandered down the corridor. There was a gunshot and we both froze. Four more followed it and Ellie started running down the corridors, me following closely. What if Mikey was stuck somewhere? I couldn’t let anything happen to my baby brother…

Rounding a corner I stopped. Three zombie corpses lay on the ground and Lucy fired her gun uselessly at the last one. Em and Ray were frozen in shock as the zombie grabbed Lucy’s arm and there was another gunshot. As the zombie fell to the floor two more delayed shots followed, passing dangerously close past my head.

“You know, Ellie already killed it, you don’t have to keep shooting.” Em said irritably, looking at the graze on her arm from where a bullet clipped her.

“Uhm… delayed reactions.” I heard Cat say from behind me.

Nearly all of us were gathered in the hall, apart from Mikey and Bob who were in the shower. Assuming they were still in the shower and hadn’t rushed out at the sound of the gunshots.

“Ok, you guys go back to cooking and shit.” Ellie instructed. “Ray… go tell the others it’s ok and we’re all safe. Lucy, check that room, make sure there’s nothing else in there. I’ll go bandage up Em.”

“So I’ll just stand here?” I asked, realising I had no part in her instructions.

“You can come help us.” Em said, as they started off down the corridor.

This was kind of weird, since when did I start taking instructions from girls younger than me? Since they started saving my life I guess…

Emily’s POV

“Ow… that hurts!” I whined as Ellie tugged harder on the bandage. She just hit me softly round the head and tied the knot.

“Hold that and tighten it please.” She told Gerard, he took the ends and pulled them so the knot was secure. “You didn’t get any zombie blood in you, did you?”

“No, don’t think so.” I replied. I hope I didn’t… There was a lot of blood from them in that hallway, but I think most of it was on the floor.

“What happens if you did?” Gerard asked me when Ellie went to wash her hand of my blood.

“I’d get infected. But if you catch is quickly you can take away the infected flesh, so either cutting off the bit of my arm with the wound or hacking off the whole arm all together.”

“Which would have been messy.” Dani said from the door. “Frank says food’s ready if you want to help bring it in here.”

We got up and followed Dani to the kitchen. There were ten plates of spaghetti with some type of sauce on them.

“I found the spaghetti in the cupboard.” Frank explained. “And I made the sauce with stuff we brought.” He shrugged. “It’s not much but it’s food.”

“Thank you!” I almost squealed. “It’s been ages since we’ve eaten proper food.”

We all gathered in the bedroom area, certain there were no more zombies around, and sat on the different mattresses to eat, Ellie back in the corner with her map. There was a comfortable silence aw we ate, which I decided to break.

“Tell me one weird or embarrassing thing about yourselves.” I said out of the blue. With your friends you don’t really think to talk about this kind of thing… you don’t really think of it.

“Like what?” Cat asked, looking slightly confused.

“Anything, just something none of us know yet.”

“Ok.” Dani started. “I sleep in normal clothes because when I was younger I was scared of having to stand outside in my pyjamas if there was a fire when I was sleeping.” We all looked at her and she smiled and shrugged before most of us started laughing at how silly it sounded.

“Me now…” Cat said. “Oh… once a few years ago I was in town and I followed a guy for about two hours because I liked his jacket.”

“Really?” Mikey asked. “Did he notice?”

“Yeah, he asked why I was following him and I ran for it.”

“You little retard.” Lucy said with a smile. “When I was younger I found a condom and blew it up because I thought it was a balloon…”

“Eww…” I looked at her in slight disgust. “Was it used or what?”

“No, it was still in the packet.”

“But still… eww…”

“Ok Em, you haven’t said one.” She pointed out.

“Ok, uhm… you know when I went to town with out you guys a couple of months ago?” They all nodded. “Well, I was going to go and try and impress a guy and I ended up falling in the river right in front of him.” After a moment the others started to laugh. “It’s not that funny…” I muttered. “What about one from you guys?” I looked up at the My Chem guys.

“Uhm…” Mikey sat and thought. “Once I was mean to Gerard and he took my teddy hostage for a week. When I got it back it only had one leg and I’m pretty sure it had been chewed.”

“Oh yeah…” Gerard smiled. “I remember that, you were standing at my door everyday that week whining for it back.”

“Some one slammed my fro in a car door once.” Ray stated. “I was getting in the car and they closed the door too soon.” It seemed everyone then had visions of Ray stuck in a car, bits of hair stuck put the other side of the door.

“What about you Frank?” Gerard asked him.

“I knocked myself out when I ran into a glass door.” Frank said, laughing at the memory. “Bob?”

“You know when all that eyeliner went missing and you all blamed Mikey even though his was lost too?” He asked. The guys nodded. “Well, I stole all that just to piss you off.”

“What!” Mikey exclaimed. “That was my favourite eyeliner!”

“Meh…” Bob shrugged.

“I screamed first time I saw Gerard.” Ellie said from her corner, almost making me jump. “I just flicked over the channel and his face filled the screen as he yelled ‘ok’ really loudly. It surprised me so much I yelled ‘shit’ quite loudly and my mum came down and told me off for swearing.” She sighed and folded up the map. “We should get some sleep now.”

We all agreed and they settled down on the beds.

“I’ll take first watch.” I volunteered. Frank got up and came outside to sit with me, as we were supposed to watch in pairs. I smiled at him as he sat on the floor. “Give me one sec.” He nodded and I walked down the hall and into another room. Double checking there was no one around I pulled a small packet out my pocket. Popping two of the round pills I swallowed them dry before returning to the hallway.