Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Liar

"Are you ok?" I jumped when I heard Brendon's voice behind me. I wiped my eyes quickly before turning around to face him, forcing a smile.

"I'm fine," I said. I sounded too cheerful. Plus there was that hint of sadness still in my voice.

"You can talk to me, you know," Brendon said, coming to sit next to me on the couch in the room of the studio I had been occupying. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer to him. I turned so I could rest my forehead on his chest. I closed my eyes, enjoying this moment. You may not believe me, but I do love Brendon.

I felt Brendon's hand rubbing my back soothingly.

"So," Brendon said quietly. "Are you going to tell me why you were crying?"

"It's nothing," I said, leaning back to look him in the eyes. I could be a good liar if I wanted to be. I wanted to tell him everything. Who I was. But I wasn't ready. I didn't need Brendon to reject me because of that and then have to deal with Ryan's fate in two weeks. I was being selfish, I know. I didn't know if I was going to tell Brendon about me and Ryan. I'm just a coward. I can't admit to my betrayals. Never have..But I was hoping to change that.

"You sure?" Brendon asked.

"I'm sure," I said. "It was just one of those moments. Probably PMS."

Brendon made a weird face and I couldn't help but laugh.

"You're so cute," I said before leaning forward to kiss Brendon, still laughing slightly. Brendon's arms snaked around my waist, pulling me onto his lap and closer to him. I heard someone clear their throat behind me and pulled away to look behind me. It was Ryan, looking a little awkward. I felt myself blush furiously.

"Sorry to interrupt," Ryan said, a small smirk playing on his lips. He wasn't sorry. "But Jon and Spencer just got here Brendon."

"Oh good," Brendon said. I looked at Brendon. "Are we going to start recording today?"

"Hopefully," Ryan said. "This album has already been a lot of work. It'd be nice to get started on the recording."

"Yeah," Brendon said. He looked at me and smiled. "I'm gonna go for a while. Maybe later you can meet Jon and Spencer?"

"Yeah," I said. "I'd love to."

"Great," Brendon said, sliding me off his lap. Brendon kissed me quickly. "See you later."
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick update :]
So, here's what's new:
I changed my username, just so everyone knows.
This oneshot won me third place in a contest :] It's a Rydon. Check it out if you want.
I don't think I ever posted a line here for this: Remembering Sunday It's a Frerard, if you're interested.
Comments??
~Sally