Summer and Forever

Fiji, an angry brother and two dates

Frankie came home three days after the attack. We all greeted him enthusiastically but in different ways.

Kevin played trucks with him, Joe gave him a noogie and Nick teased him by holding the ice cream out of his reach.

I, on the other hand, stole the ice cream off Nick and got a bowl for Frankie to eat it. I think he liked me best.

Denise and Paul Jonas spent as much time as they could with their boys before they were to fly off to Fiji for some work related thing that I didn't bother listening to.

"I'm so sorry to have to leave you with the boys Sarai..." Denise constantly apologized. I assured her it was fine and was relieved when they said they would take Frankie with them.

"Of course we couldn't leave you guys with the stress of looking after him. No we want to be there when he has an attack next time." Denise gave me a massive hug that took me back completely but I hid it and hugged her back.

The parents left a few days after Frankie came home. Frankie gave me a kiss on the cheek before he left.

"Awwwww." The brother chorused and teased Frankie about a crush. Frankie stuck his tongue out at his brothers and left red faced with his mother.

"He likes you Sari." Kevin grinned as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Yeah he's pretty cute."

"I like you too." He kissed my neck.

"Well you're pretty cute too." I replied with a smile.

We were interrupted by Joe who rudely threw a rubber ball at us. "Alright love birds. Mum gave me specific instructions to make sure you don't get Sari knocked up while the parents are gone."

I gagged and Kevin went red faced. "Are you serious?"

"Well the talk was a bit more gentle then that."

"Very subtle Joe." I rolled my eyes. "You'd make a great secret agent."

"I know right? Its so sad that I want to bea musician instead. They're really missing out." He grinned. "Hey bro wanna drive me down to the movie store?"

"Why? You feel like getting mugged?"

"No, I feel like getting The Dark Knight." Joe replied with a roll of the eyes.

"Oh well in that case..." Kevin raised an eyebrow at me.

"Go ahead. I'm gonna go get something to eat from the kitchen. Nick can keep me company."

Kevin sighed with disappointment. "You know, you can't hide from the fans forever. The media is GOING to find out we're dating."

"Well we're not technically dating seeing as we've never been on a date." I replied. Kevin went silent.

"Hey I was kidding."

"No you're right. We haven't have we?"

"Its ok. I'm really happy. Don't get any ideas." I pleaded. He smiled and kissed me quickly before I could say anything else.

"I'm gonna get a movie and we'll all make a night of it."

"Kay." He and Joe left and I stretched.

"NICK!" I shouted. He poked his head around the corner. "Help me find some goodies to eat for the movie night."

"Do I have to?"

"Yes." I came towards him and grabbed his hand before he could leave. Was it my imagination or did he tense up as soon as I touched him? I ignored it. It was my imagination.

"Do you have marshmallows?"

"I think they're in that cupboard." He replied quietly. I let him go and reached up to get thme. "I don't wanna draw attention to the fact that I'm short but you could get that for me?"

He leaned towards me and reached up. "Here." He was very close and I frowned. Why was he looking at me weird?

"Thanks." I moved away from him and searched for a bowl. When i was finished, Nick was just looking at me.

"Nicky what is it?" He shrugged.

"I'm tired. I don't think i'll watch the movie."

"I thought you loved Batman."

"Well I don't want to watch it alright? Is that ok with you?" He snapped. I took a step back.

"Oh...ok." He shouldered past me and stormed out of the kitchen. What...was that about?

***

I was pretty quiet when Kevin came home. When he asked me what was wrong I just smiled and shrugged.

"Nothing."

"You're a terrible liar." He replied quietly but he didn't push it. The Dark Knight was wonderful and freaky.

I leaned against Kevin and let his arm drape around my shoulder for the duration of the movie but my heart wasn't in it. I was busy thinking about Nick. When it finished, Kevin kicked Joe.

"Can you take the movie out? I want to talk to Sarai." I frowned up at Kevin but he got off the couch without looking at me. What was it tonight with people and acting weird? He turned and picked me up without warning.

"Whoa!" I grabbed his neck quickly to stop myself from feeling like i was going to fall. He carried me up to my bedroom and dumped me unceremoniously on the bed.

"Nice." I said sarcastically. I tried to get up but he climbed over me and lay down on top of me.

"Whats wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing!" I protested. He kissed me so persuasively that it wasn't fair. He broke it off quickly.

"Whats wrong?" He repeated.

"Its...nothing." I replied. He kissed me again, his hand trailing up my side to curl in my hair and secure my mouth to his. When he pulled away I was breathless. He was a really good kisser. Damn him.

"Whats wrong?"

"Kevin." I groaned. He kissed me again and pushed his tongue gently into my mouth, caressing mine. Then he pulled away.

"Tell me."

I sighed and gave up. "Its Nick."

He frowned. "What did he do?"

"I think he's angry at me." I told him slowly what happened in the kitchen and the fact that he'd looked at me weird, as if he was angry, when we were in the pool. Kevin was silent and then kissed me.

"Go to sleep. I'll go and talk to Nick."

"No." I grabbed him quickly. "Don't. I don't want to make you guys fight or anything. Just leave it. Please?"

He sighed. "Fine. We....we need to talk." My heart stopped and he must have seen it. "Poor choice of words. I mean I wanted to talk to you."

I breathed again and he laughed, kissing my forehead. "I'm not going to break it off with you Sari. Ever." He whispered. We were silent for a second and then, "So anyway. I was thinking about that date."

I groaned. "I knew you wouldn't let that go."

"Nope." He grinned. He looked so adorable. "I want to take you out."

"But the media.."

"We'll have two dates. One for the media and one just for us. I want to make you officially mine." He said seriously. I grinned at him.

"How can a girl say no to that?"

"I hoped you wouldn't." He smiled. "We can talk about it another night. I just wanted you to know that I am going to take you out." He smiled.

I thought about it for a second and then sighed. "If you must." I grumbled.

He laughed. "Now go to sleep." He kissed my forehead and got up. I didn't complain about him leaving although I wanted him to sleep with me again.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Night Sari." He left and I looked at the ceiling with a smile. He wanted to date me and make me officially his. We were officially, a couple.
♠ ♠ ♠
The comments were so few :( I had two! I have about 119 readers and 20 subscribers but of all of them only two people commented on my story for the duration of the last three chapters :'( What is it people? Is it not cool enough? Not spicy enough? You have to tallk to me x<(