Summer and Forever

He likes you Sarai. He wants to be your boyfriend.

Nick and Kevin had a talk. This I knew.

For three days, they were angry and tense around each other and whenever Nick looked at me, Kevin would tighten with anger and put his shoulder around me to 'claim' me or something.

It was beginning to drive me crazy.

The final straw came when Joe was still sleeping. Nick came down for breakfast, saw Kevin and I sitting in there already eating and froze. Kevin's eyes narrowed angrily and he grabbed my hand which pissed me off.

Nick scowled and stepped into the room almost like he was stalking. Kevin in response slid closer to me, his eyes still on his brother.

"Are you guys for real?" I finally snapped.

They both looked at me in surprise.

"I don't know what the hell is going on right now but you guys are driving me freaking crazy. Kevin, I am not some possession to be claimed everytime Nick looks at me and Nick I don't know what problem you have with me but why don't you be a man and talk to me about it? Whats the matter? Your mother never taught you how to stand up for yourself? YOU GOT A PROBLEM, YOU TELL ME WHAT IT IS YOU JERK!" I shouted.

Nick jammed his hands into his pockets and Kevin put his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off.

"I don't wanna talk to either of you right now." I muttered angrily. I stormed from the kitchen and ran up to my room. I locked the door and threw myself on the bed, almost bursting into tears. What the hell was going on?

Someone pounded on my door hard. "Sarai, open up please." Kevin pleaded. I felt bad that he was out there pleading but he was acting like a possessive asshole at the moment.

"Please Sari. I'm really sorry." His voice got quieter and he sounded like he was about to cry.

I slowly got up and unlocked the door. I opened it a little and stood in the doorway.

"What?" I asked.

"Can I come in?" I tightened my grip on the door handle for a second before relenting and letting him in. Nick was nowhere to be seen.

Kevin stood with his hands in his pockets and he scuffed the floor with his toes. It was kind of cute and if i wasn't mad at him I would have hugged him right there and then.

"I talked to Nick." He said quietly. I crossed my arms and waited. "A few days ago I asked him what his problem with you was and... I found it out."

I tensed and waited for it.

"He likes you."

I frowned. "Yeah I know that but-"

"No Sari. He LIKES you. As in he wants to be your boyfriend."

I froze. "Wh...what?"

Kevin shrugged unhappily. I threw my head back and burst into laughter. Kevin frowned. "Honestly, Sar, this isn't the response I thought you'd give."

"Well of course he likes me." I giggled helplessly. "You boys are so stupid. Its just a crush Kevin. He's a boy who's just getting into the 'girl' part of his years. Throw in a girl who's living with him for a while and bam, he's got a crush. It doesn't mean anything."

Kevin slowly let out his breath. "Well....could you tell Nick that? Because he's got it into his head that he's a horrible person and I...I didn't help him get rid of that image."

"Mmm."

"I'm sorry." Kevin said helplessly. He came forwards and took my hands, looking at them instead of my face. "I just...I got a bit worried."

He started playing with my fingers, unable to look up at me. In response I pulled my hands out of his, grabbed his face and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer and when the kiss ended I smiled at him.

"Well I don't think you have much to worry about concerning us." I whispered. He kissed me again. I pulled back after a few seconds.

"I have to go talk to Nick and convince him he's not a horrible person."

***

Nick was in the kitchen, just staring at the bench and hunched over. I felt so sorry for the poor kid.

I came and sat next to him. He didn't move. I wrapped an arm around his shoulders and hugged him. He stiffened in surprise and then let me hug him.

"Nick you're not a bad person." I breathed into his ear. I felt something wet on my arm and realized he was crying.

"Oh Nicky." I soothed him as best as I could by rubbing his back and hugging him again. "You're just growing up and noticing girls Nick. I happen to be living with you right now, so you are focusing on me too much and getting a crush. It doesn't mean anything and it will go away when the next girl gets your attention. I promise."

He gulped and nodded. "I'm sorry Sarai. I didn't mean to...muck things up between you and Kevin."

"You haven't mucked anything up. I just lost my temper. I'm a girl. I do that." He laughed and stopped crying.

I wiped his face gently with my sleeve and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I promise you'll get over your crush okay? Go out and meet some girls or something. Go on a few dates."

He chuckled again and nodded.

"Now can you do something for me?"

"Yeah, anything."

"Tell me where the coco pops is? I can never remember which cupboard." He laughed and pointed it out to me. "Thanks."

I grinned at him and grabbed the cereal down from the cupboard.

"Hey Sari?"

"Yeah?"

"Can...Can i ask you stuff about girls...you know if i need to know? I mean I can't go to my brothers and..."

"Anytime Nick."

He grinned. "Thanks."

"Anytime.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was encouraged a LOT by the past few comments that reassured me on the lack of comments so thank you guys :)

Check out a really awesome story called 'Save me with a bite Leville' or something like that. Its REALLY good