Summer and Forever

Odd presents = Lockie

It took eight hours for my alone time with Kevin. The boys wanted to know where i'd gone and why but I wouldn't tell them anything.

Bertranna was the only one i told the whole truth to, the breakup of my family and the way he had proposed and how much I loved him. When she finally had to go home, she turned ot me one last time.

"Here." She handed me something wrapped in newspaper. "I couldn't find good wrapping or anything but I hope you like it."

"You didn't have to get me anything!" I exclaimed as I unwrapped it. She just shrugged and watched me.

It was a little dog's collar. "What?"

"You look like a dog person so I thought maybe you'd like a dog collar for when you and Kevin get one. Anyway I gotta go. See ya." She kissed my cheek, squeezed my hand and left in a whirlwind.

I stared after her. A dog collar? What? What a strange girl.

"Hey." The gentle low voice behind me made me smile as I turned to see him.

"Hey yourself."

"What did Bertranna get you for your birthday?" He queried as he took my hand and pulled me closer.

"A dog's collar. Weird huh?"

He laughed. "A dog's collar? Why?"

"Apparently she reckons you and I will get one someday and she thinks i'll appreciate a collar."

Kevin shook his head. "Nick is in love with one weird chick."

"He loves her?"

"You should hear him talk about her." Kevin rolled his eyes. "He talks about her almost as much as I talk about you."

I grinned and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "You talk about me?" I asked as I kissed his cheek.

"All the time." He replied and then he kissed me so fast I could barely react. In no time at all I had gone from losing the man I love to having him back in my arms. He kissed his way down my neck and buried his face there, inhaling my scent.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Do you think now would be a good time for Nick and Joe to give you their birthday presents?"

"Huh?" I pulled away, confused. "You pick NOW to make them give me their presents?"

He grinned sheepishly. I sighed. "Okay I guess... but i thought you'd all forgotten."

"Of course not. Besides I figured if they give them to you now then I can have you all to myself for the night without interruptions."

I grinned. "Sneaky."

Joe and Nick came down into the kitchen after Kevin hollered for them. "You can give them to her now."

Joe went first. "Bertranna gave me this idea." He said somberly. Then he pulled a huge litter bag out of the nearest bottom cupboard as well as a whole lot of newspapers and a little dog bed.

"What the hell is with you all and dogs?" Nick stepped up to me and handed me a bag filled with dog toys. Kevin let me go so I could hold them and stare. "I am...confused." I admitted.

"My turn." Kevin said from behind me.

"If you give me a litter box i'm going to be so anno-" I stopped talking as soon as i saw what was in Kevin's hands.

It was a little puppy with soft ears, huge brown eyes and paws that were soft and wrinkly.

I opened my mouth to say something but I was speechless. "Kev..."

"I was gonna let you name him but I kinda already gave him a name."

"What?"

"Lockie."

"Its...perfect!" I held out my hands and enveloped Lockie. He was so small and soft and gorgeous. He yipped a few times in my hands but then settled himself on my chest and fell asleep.

"Like him?" Kevin asked hesitantly. "He was originally going to be my sorry present but I thought he'd be a better birthday present." He admitted. I stood on tip toes and kissed him.

"I love you."

He grinned and wrapped his arms around my waist, careful not to crush Lockie, when there was a throat clearing from behind me. "We give you the dog stuff and I don't see us getting kisses." Joe pouted.

I grinned and moved away from Kevin, handing him Lockie. I kissed Joe's cheek and grinned when i saw the pout on his face. "Kevin got a better kiss."

"Oi."

Joe laughed and backed off. I kissed Nick's cheek as well and was relieved he didn't have a pout on his face. "Can I have my girlfriend back now?"

"We'll set up his bed. You guys go have 'couple time'." Joe rolled his eyes and took Lockie off Kevin.

"Wait." I protested. I kissed my little baby on the head and then reluctantly let him out of my sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://users.bigpond.net.au/aca_bk/images/pug_cav03.jpg&imgrefurl=http://users.bigpond.net.au/aca_bk/gallery/pug_cav03.html&usg=__qlmZpkD7pjwmpAqjkibYsAzTzpA=&h=450&w=400&sz=40&hl=en&start=1&sig2=2b55vN5fkLFjgln2VtkTzg&tbnid=aMen1qfLmeDwOM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=113&ei=W-qXSfnOPJngsAOZ0_y0Bw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpugaliers%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

Copy and paste this to see the dog.