Summer and Forever

Without Kevin

Kevin had been gone for a week. I lived at their house with Denise and Paul Jonas and my little Lockie.

Frankie was a little cutie who occupied me in my lonely moments but without Kevin i was just that. Lonely.

I had a job at the local music store and i got along with my co-workers. They all love the fact that I was engaged to someone but couldn't say who and often made jokes about it.

The Jonas Brothers played on the TV all the time and I watched them singing on stage while fans screamed their approval. They did interviews and close ups on the boy's faces and every time Kevin's face came on the screen i felt a fresh pain.

I wanted my man.

"Sarai! Customer!" Benjii, my boss, called to me.

"Sorry." I muttered. Then I went to serve them. "Can I help you?"

The snotty kid just shrugged and walked off on me. I didn't bother following her. Benjii sighed. "You don't know how to sell CD's do you?"

"She didn't want to be served!" He shrugged and went out the back, grumbling.

"SARI!" A familiar voice rang. I looked up and laughed to see Bertranna standing there grinning at me. "How you doin girl?"

She hugged me fiercely and then her face sobered up. "You been sleeping?"

"Of course." I mumbled defensively.

"When was the last time?"

"When did the boys leave?"

"About a week ago."

"Thats the last time i slept."

She rubbed my arm sympathetically. "Only three months and three weeks to go." She said cheerfully."

"You're such an annoying optimist."

"But you love me."

I grumbled and didn't respond to that. "Spoken to Nick?"

"Yeah he called me last night. We had the most amazing conversation." She grinned at me and i could see the happiness in her eyes.

"I'm happy for you." I smiled as sincerely as i could.

"Has Kevin called you yet?"

"...No." I mumbled, looking down.

"Why not?"

"I don't know. Maybe he's busy."

"Nick found time to call..."

"I'm aware of that now ok?" I snapped angrily. One bloody week without him and i was already biting off my friend's head. "I"m sorry Bertranna. I'm really tired."

"Its okay. I understand." She smiled at me.

"Want any music?"

"No money."

"I'll give you one."

"Got the latest Jo Bros one?"

"Not in stock yet."

"Then i don't want any."

I laughed at that. "Okay."

"SARI!" Benjii's yelling was really getting on my nerves today.

"WHAT?"

"SERVICE!"

I looked and saw a customer wandering around, unsure of what to look at. I sighed. "I'll be back in five." I walked over to the kid and tapped his shoulder. He was bloody tall.

"Hi. Anything in particular you're looking for?" I asked in a friendly manner.

He looked at me blankly for a second and then his eyes widened. "Whats wrong?" I asked, worried. He was looking almost petrified.

"S...s...sorry. I just...get...n....n...nervous...when....t...t.....t...talking....to....g...g....girls." He stammered.

I smiled and patted his shoulder. "Its ok. I'm just the shop girl. Is there anything you'd like to look at?"

He peed his pants. LIterally. The look of horror on his face spread and he looked down, so naturally i looked down with him. The front of his pants were stained with warm yellow pee and it was running down his leg.

I looked back up at him in horror, not sure what to say to him.

"G...ARRGH!" He screamed in embarrassment and turned to run from the store. He left a small stain on the carpet.

***

I turned, completely mortified, to Bertranna for a run down on what the hell i had just done and found that she was cacking herself laughing.

She was on the ground, holding her stomach, tears streaming from her eyes. I glared at her.

"Its not funny! I have to clean that up!"

"You scared him shitless!" She gasped, cacking herself once more.

"Oh ha ha." I moaned and went to get the carpet cleaner from behind the store.

"SARI!" Benjii yelled once more.

"WHAT?" I roared back.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO THE CUSTOMER?"

"I JUST FREAKING TALKED TO HIM!" "Well thats all you had to say." He sulked, and walked off. I sighed. This had been such a bitch of a day.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SORRY FOR LACK OF UPDATES! Year twelve is terrible! i am not making any promises about updates soon. sorry about that. Please don't unsubscribe though. I will keep going with the story just not as fast