Testing The Strong Ones

04

Maria decided that trying to go back to sleep would be futile, so she decided to fix herself a breakfast before she went in to catch up on work she missed while moving her things to her new apartment. It was then when she looked in the refrigerator how vegan Chase truly was.

"There's not even eggs in here." Maria said with a sigh.

"Yeah, Chase is a real vegan." Ryan said startling Maria a bit. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"Where'd you get that?" she said indicating the carton of milk he was opening and pouring two glasses.

"I have a mini fridge in my room when I get tired of eating plants and organic stuff." Ryan said with a laugh and handed her a glass half full. She drank it slowly as she watched him,

"You wouldn't happen to have eggs in your mini fridge?"

"No, fresh out." he laughed, Maria made a mental note to go the market and store.

"I need a desk in my room." she said finishing off her glass of milk.

"Well- you don't know where to get one do you?" Maria only shrugged in response.

"Fine, I'm off tomorrow anyway, I'll help you find a good place." he sighed.

Maria smiled and patted him on the shoulder," Thank you." she said cheerily as a shirtless Chase came out of his bedroom.

"Good morning." he yawned, then crinkled his nose at the milk carton which Maria thought funny and laughed.

"Don't worry dude, it's skim." Ryan finishing off his glass and burped.

"Soy is better for you." Chase said pulling out a carton of Soy Milk out of the refrigerator.

"Ew." Maria and Ryan said at the same time.

Chase only shrugged then got wide eyed as he realized what Maria was wearing.

"You're wearing like nothing" Chase said his eyes focusing on one part of Maria's body. She looked down and saw her sports bra and sofes.

"You're only wearing boxers, that probably dissolve in water." she smiled as she turned and went to her room to get ready for the day.

"Chase, we live with girls now. You're probably going to see more than that." Ryan laughed as Chase stared after Maria.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria sighed as Rascal plopped down next to her on her bed.

"Maria." Chase whispered.

"What." she whispered back as water started to drip once again on her face.

"Rascal's in there I'm guessing?" he decided to stop whispering.

"Yes, so is a leaky roof." she said as Rascal sat up hearing her frustration.

"Oh, yeah Ryan told me about that. I was supp-" he stopped when he saw her frown. "Sweet dreams?" he half smiled and left to his room.

"Sweet dreams my ass." she said sitting up "C'mon Rascal, we're going in your owners room to sleep." she huffed as she pulled her hair back. As she left her room, and started down the hallway she bumped into a thin figure.

"Isabelle?"

"Ryan won't fix my draft, I take it your leak isn't fixed either?" she said tapping her foot irritably on the hardwood floor she looked down and saw Rascal sniffing at Rodeo.

"Nope, so, we're sleeping in his room." Maria smirked.

"So are we." Isabelle smiled.

"You think they'll fix it?"

"Oh yeah, and hey, at least we won't be nagging." Isabelle smiled as she walked to Ryan's door Rodeo in tow and opened the door and gave a thumbs up.

Maria smiled as she walked to Chases' door and opened it, seeing he was fast asleep. She turned to see Rascal right behind her, she walked over to what she hoped was a air mattress.
'Well at least it's better than being wet.' she thought to herself and crawled into bed with Chase, he sighed and turned the opposite direction from her as Rascal settled down next to Maria on the floor. Maria soon fell asleep due to not having water dripping on her head.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell are you doing in my bed with that fur ball?" Ryan said shaking Isabelle slightly. She stirred and turned to face him,

"It's too cold in my room. And you didn't fix the draft."

"Izzy." he sighed drawing out the 'y' in frustration "I told you on my off day, that i-"

"Today." she said sitting up and folding her arms.

"Fine. Fine dammit, I'll fix it in a about 2 hours. Can I get that much?"

"That doesn't mean I'm leaving. It's still cold, due to the draft." she said plopping herself down in his bed.

"Damn it." he said taking off his shirt and his pants and slipping under the covers with her. His bed his covers, that he was sharing with a spoiled princess. And for some reason he didn't mind that much at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chase felt a soft warm figure enclosed in his arms. He opened his eyes to see Maria facing him with her face in the crook of his neck.

"Oh my God." he breathed.

"What?" Maria said opening her eyes.

"Oh my God." Chase said taking his arms from around her. Maria peeked under neath the covers and saw why he couldn't just say good morning.

"Wow." she said with a grin.

"Stop that!" he said rolling off the mattress and standing up.

"How did you get in my bed?"

"It rained last night."

"There's a couch!" he began to shout.

"Well you were supposed to fix it." she said sitting up and seeing Rascal had got up with her.

"I forgot!" he shouted this time.

"Do you take ginseng?"

"What? Wait, why- Oh God." he said snatching the blanket off of her and wrapping it around his waist.

The he realized that she only had on underwear.

"Here," he said handing her the blanket back. "NO!" he said snatching it back as she stood up.

"At least I wear some sort of clothing to bed." she laughed as Chase stood nervously in the corner as she walked towards him pushing him up against the wall.

"Fix the leak?" she said wrapping the blanket around his waist for him.

"Today." he gulped at how close she was was to his nakedness.

"Thank you." she grinned as turned and left him there to let out the breath he had been holding.