Testing The Strong Ones

05

Isabelle woke up warm, she cuddled closer to the warmth that was surrounding her. It tightened around her, she started to slip back into her sleep.

"Shit." she heard Ryan whisper, which made her open her eyes. She only saw a pair a bright baby blues.

"Awkward." she said clearing her throat.

"I'm sorry." he said unwrapping himself from around her.

"It's fine, I was warm." she smiled and slipped from out of the bed.

"Look I-"

"Fix the window please." she smiled as she left him there in his bed. She almost let herself wish she hadn't, almost wished she let him keep her warm. But she shook that off as she got ready to start the day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rascal?" Chase called, no answer only a little shuffle of movement. Chase peered around the corner and only saw Rodeo playing with a straw.

"I think Maria took him with her on her jog." Isabelle smiled as she was hand drying her hair.

"Oh." he liked that Isabelle wore clothes round the house. Although even though if she didn't wear clothes, it wouldn't fluster him up like Maria.

"Do you know how old Maria is?"

"I think like 32 or something? Why?" she said quirking and eyebrow at him.

"No reason." he shrugged and picked up Rodeo who was attacking his feet. Who then began attacking his hand.

"Sorry about that, he likes feet." she chuckled.

"I like cats." he continued to let the kitten bite his fingers.

"At least someone does." Ryan said scratching his head and yawning. Isabelle quickly exited, making it look like her hair was more important. Which it probably was,

"Should we get supplies to-" Chase stopped as he heard singing and howling near the back porch.

"I just want your extra time and your kiss!" Maria shouted as Rascal howled.

"Rascal likes our new roommate." Ryan chuckled. As Maria came in humming, and Rascal was close behind.

"Hope you don't mind, but he was whining so I took him with me." she said sighing. Chase didn't really say anything, nor could he. She was sweaty, and only in a sports bra, and jogging pants. That didn't leave much to the imagination,

"It-it's fine, he likes to run." he stuttered out as he watched her chug a bottle of water. He found it amazing that she looked like that and was 32. She caught him staring,

"Yes?" she smirked.

"What?"

"Do you take him on jogs daily?" she continued to smile.

"Uh, yeah." he said trying to stop staring at certain areas. Ryan had somehow disappeared,

"Do you at least let him eat meat?" she said patting rascal on the head.

"Yes." Maria was only amused by his gawking, considering his 'pure' lifestyle.

"Have you ever seen a woman naked before?" she asked him, making him blush.

"We-"

"I figured as much." she smiled running her fingers through his hair. And leaving him to wonder if he should've responded by grabbing her or by pushing her against the wall.
--------------------------------------------------

"Where are you headed to?" Ryan asked Isabelle, as he leaned on the doorway to her room.

"To buy supplies." she said simply.

"For what?"

"My stomach, and for the window, and the ceiling." she smiled. Rodeo came into the room hoping on the bed. He started to meow, if that's what you would call it at Ryan.

"He wants you to pet him." Ryan just stared at him, Rodeo continued to meow.

"Like this," she grabbed his hand stroked it along the kittens fur. Making it purr rather loudly.

"Ready?" Maria said popping her head into the room.

"Mmhmm." Isabelle said trying to tear herself away from Ryan's eyes.

"What was that about?" Maria asked as they left the house.

"I was showing him how to pet Rodeo so he wouldn't bite him." she said simply, and Maria left it at that. They drove to Home Depot first, a man gladly helped them find what they needed to fix their problems and then some. then they headed to the market.

"I need meat." Maria sighed as she picked up a pack of bacon.

"Do you know how old Ryan is?" Isabelle blurted,

"I think not much older than you, 25 or so. Why?"

"Just wondering." she said picking out some pork chops.

"You think it'll make Chase angry to fill the fridge with all the stuff?" Maria grinned,

"Who cares, he can't have the fridge all to himself."

"Good point."
-------------------------------------------------------

"Here." Isabelle gave a bag to Ryan, he and Chase were watching television.

"Thanks?" Ryan said looking through the bags.

"It's for my window."

"And this is for my ceiling." Maria said dropping her bag in Chase's lap, making him jump. They just stared after each woman, wondering what they had gotten themselves into.

"They bought food too." Ryan grinned.

"Meat I suppose."

"And put it in the fridge." Ryan couldn't hold his mirth in much longer. Chase got up and saw, the fridge was quite full. They were considerate enough to put all his things to one side. So he didn't mind too much,

"See, herbivores and carnivores can live together in peace." Maria said from behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter!

Hope you all are liking this story, I wish my friend could finish it with me.