Sequel: Jamie's New Love

Jamie's New Life

Chapter 2

Mike’s POV

“Billie, do you think we should help her?” I asked fearfully.
Then I heard a scream and a crash. Billie and I looked at each other and then took off for the house.

Billie was first and he didn’t bother knocking. He charged right in and tackled the guy. I went over to the kid who had yelled to us. BJ and the guy were fighting like rapid dogs. I heard each of them groan, curse, and shit like that. I picked the girl up and quickly ran her outside. I crossed the street and laid her in the grass. I made sure she hadn’t cut her head open anywhere.

“AHHHHHHHH!” I heard this yell. Then, a minute later, BJ came running out.
“Mike, get the girl and run to my house, I’ll follow.” he said, out of breath.
I did as he said and ran two blocks to Billie’s house. Billie closed and locked the door behind him and called the paramedics and the police. I sat the girl on the couch and sat on the edge, next to her.

“Hey Mike, the cops and paramedics are on their way. Is she showing any sign of waking up?” he informed.
“Okay. And no, she is out cold turkey. She didn’t cut her head or anything but she hit it pretty badly at the looks of it.” I answered.
“Didn’t that guy look old enough to be her father?” BJ asked.
“Yeah, but she doesn’t look anything like him. He might have been her step dad.” I answered.
“I know what she is going through. It’s hard to deal with.” he replied.
“Maybe he was high or something. Remember, my mom was a crack addict.” I suggested.
“Doesn’t matter if he was high or not, she only looks about ten years old. He shouldn’t be beating anyone at all.” Billie said, raising his voice a little.
Then, the girl started to move.

Jamie’s POV

I started to wake up. I was woken by a familiar voice. I opened my eyes a little and saw someone very, very familiar.
“Hey, you okay?” another voice asked.
I held the top of my head but nodded slowly.
One hand pulled my hand off the top my head and put their hand on it. The hand was big, but soft.
“Was that your father?” the guy with black hair asked.
“He is my step dad.” I corrected.
“Did he beat you often?” he asked again.
“Very often.” I answered.
“I know what you were going through. My step dad used to beat me as well.” he answered.
I sat up more and stared at him in the eyes, he stared back and it felt like he was looking right through me. I turned away. A hand pulled my head back and he looked at me again.
“What were you going to say?” he asked.
“Now I know who you are. You are Billie Joe Armstrong. And you are Mike Dirnt.” I answered, turning to Mike, who still had his hand on my head.
“BJ took care of your step dad for now. The cops and the paramedics are on their way.” Mike explained.
“Fuck the paramedics, I’m fine.” I answered. Mike and Billie turned to each other and then at me.
“What?” I asked.
Billie and Mike just laughed softly.
“What is your name?” Mike asked.
“Jamie but you can call me Jimmy if you want.” I replied.
“Why Jimmy?” Billie asked.
“Well, I listen to your CD ‘American Idiot’ so much that I burned out two copies and since the character on it was called Jimmy, my friends called me that and it stuck. My teachers even call me Jimmy.” I explained.
“Jimmy, where is your mother in all this?” Billie asked.
“My..........my mother died when I was born. She got divorced before I was born and remarried right after my mom got pregnant. Well, that is what my step dad told me.” I said.
“Oh, I’m sorry, another question, when did he start beating you?” Billie continued.
“It’s okay and I don’t know, I can’t remember.” I answered.
“Mike, can I talk to you alone for a sec?” I asked.
“Yeah, into the kitchen.” he said, acting like superman, which made me smile.

We entered the kitchen and I sat on top of the table. Mike sat on a bar stool.
“Mike, where will I go since I have no mother, no father, and no step father?” I asked.
“They will probably put you in a group home.” Mike answered.
“You mean an orphanage don’t you?” I asked sadly.
“Yes I do.” he replied
“Jamie, if I can, I will look into adopting you. I always wanted a daughter that I could hang with.” he continued.
I smiled at that and hopped off the table. I ran over to him and hugged him. Mike was the kind of guy you could talk to. Billie was the kind of guy who would help defend you and help you through something. And Tre..........wait where is Tre?
“Hey Mike, where is Tre?” I asked.
“Probably passed out at home on the couch.” he said, kissing the top of my head to comfort me.
I let go of him and headed back towards the living room.