Sequel: Jamie's New Love

Jamie's New Life

Chapter 4

Monday came and I Mike and I had gone shopping so I had new clothes. I woke up to my alarm clock tune of ‘Brain Stew’. I got up and headed to the bathroom for a shower.
I undressed and hopped in. The water felt so good. I got out, wrapped a towel me so I could go to my room and choose some clothes.

I got to the closet and put on some panties and some shin long black pants. They had chains on them. I loved this pair. Then I looked on the other side of the closet for a shirt. I put on my bra and then picked out a shirt that had ‘Green Day’ written across the front. It was olive green instead of black.

I sauntered into the kitchen, where Mike was making pancakes.
“Hey Jamie, what’s up?” he said.
“Nothing.” I answered.
“Well, how many cakes do you want?” he asked.
“Two.” I answered simply.
“Jamie, you sure? You are pretty skinny.” he asked worryingly.
“Mike, I’m fine. My step dad just never fed me so that is why I am so skinny. I’m not throwing up my food or anything, I promise.” I comforted.
“Okay.” he said, relieved. He served my two pancakes and I ate them pretty fast.
“More?” he asked.
“No thank you.” I answered.
“Well, go out to the car and I’ll be out in about five minutes.” Mike said
I climbed into the car and put in a CD. It was ‘American Idiot’

Mike came out and climbed in next to me.
“Jamie, do you want to buy lunch?” he asked.
“No, I am never hungry at lunch time.” I responded, looking him in his eyes.
“Jamie, I’m worried about you. You are saying you aren’t hungry. Please promise you will eat a bag of chips.” he said.
“I promise I will eat a bag of chips.” I promised.
“Here is five dollars.” he said, handing me the money.
I took it and we took off towards the school.

Mike pulled up to the drop-off point and I hopped out.
“You promised.” he said before I shut the door.
“I promised.” I answered, shutting the door and heading towards a new life and a new reputation.

I got to my locker and picked out the books I needed for the first classes of the morning. “Hey goth, you are blocking my locker.” this voice said from behind me. There was a guy in Hollister clothing. I just ran my eyes up and down his body and then went to back to what I was doing.
“I said you are blocking my locker.” he raised his voice at me.
“I heard you the first time.” I answered, turning around to look him in the eye.
“Then move.” he demanded.
“Make me.” I answered, not breaking eye contact.
Then he did the worst thing he could have done, he pushed me to the floor. I became enraged and got on my hands and knees and rammed into the sides of his knees. He tumbled over me and onto his back.
“You never push me or I will hurt you so bad that you will beg for mercy.” I assured.
I picked up my books and headed for my first class.
I was half way there when I felt as though someone was behind me.
I turned around and there was a boy who was exactly my height and had black hair and long sweeping bangs that covered his eye slightly.
“Hey, I saw what that guy did to you. I can’t believe you tackled him like you did. Good job.” he said.
“Okay, bye now.” I said and started to turn around.
“Hey, I’m Pete. You are..........?” he introduced.
“Jamie but I like to be called Jimmy.” I finished for him
“Cool, can I see your schedule?” he asked.
I handed him my schedule.
“Cool. We have the same classes this semester.” he said.
“Cool.” I said, taking back my schedule and turning to go to class.
“Jamie, what’s the matter?” he asked.
“Nothing is wrong.” I answered, starting to get annoyed.
I walked off to math class and couldn’t get his question out of my head. ‘What’s the matter?’ There was a lot that was wrong in my life.