Sequel: Jamie's New Love

Jamie's New Life

Chapter 7

Mike’s POV

BJ and Tre had gone home.
“Jamie?” I asked as I eased the door open.
“Yeah Mike?” she asked, pulling it open.
“Can I talk to you?” I asked.
“Yeah.” she said, sitting on the bed.
I placed myself next to her and took a breath.
“Mike, did something happen? Did I do something? Are you mad?” she questioned.
“Nothing happened and I’m not mad. I just want to know if you told your new friends if you had been hit.” I answered.
“Well, they wanted to know why I was being adopted. I told them I’d tell them if they came over after school. I kept my promise. I did tell them the story of the last scene, the one you and Billie Joe rescued me from.” she replied.
“Jamie, I thought you didn’t want anyone to know? And anyways, I told you not to tell anyone.” I said.
“They promised they wouldn’t tell anyone. And anyways, Patrick, Pete, Joe, and Andy are my friends. I totally trust them. I feel safe with them. I feel safe in Patrick’s arms. Pete’s voice soothes me and Andy and Joe are there for me.” she defended.
“Jamie, how do you know what Patrick’s arms feel like?” I asked, concerned.
“He hugged me because I felt a little down. That’s all.” she responded.
“Okay, well then, get ready for bed.” I said, getting up and leaving. That talk helped me soothe my nerves.

Jamie’s POV

The next morning, I walked into the bathroom to see my eyeliner was gone. I walked downstairs to see what was for breakfast. I entered the kitchen and instead of Mike cooking, I saw Billie.
“Hey Billie, do you have your eyeliner with you?” I asked.
“Yeah, hang on and I will put it on for you.” he said, picking up a piece of bacon.
We headed for the bathroom to put on my makeup.
“Now Jimmy, do you want it like mine or do you want it thin?” he asked as he lifted me onto the sink top.
“I want it like yours.” I answered.
“Okay, ready or not, here I go.” he said, making me laugh.

“All done.” he said, backing off.
I turned to see myself in the mirror. The eyeliner was perfect and so was the hair, spiked, messy, and gelled.
“Billie, it’s perfect. Thank You.” I said, turning back around, hopping off the sink top, and hugging him. He hugged me back.
“Jamie, just don’t go totally goth. Promise me.” he said.
“I promise Billie.” I replied.
“Now, go get dressed. Your friends will be here. Your dad... I mean Mike, is still in bed.” he corrected.
“Okay, and Billie, Mike is my dad.” I said before closing my bedroom door.
“My dad, I finally have a real dad and he doesn’t beat me.” I thought.
I got on some black, knee long shorts, a black shirt and I put on my converse.
I left my room for the kitchen.

I entered the kitchen, where Tre was scarfing down bacon and a coffee.
“Hold on Jamie, he ate it all.” Billie said.
“Billie, I’m not going to eat, go ahead and make some for dad and I’m going to get my stuff and sit on the porch.” I explained.
“Jimmy.” he said but I had already shut the door.
I sat on the porch and pulled out a small mirror. I loved my hair and eyeliner.
“Jamie!” someone yelled.
I looked away from the mirror, only to see Pete, Patrick, Andy, and Joe walking up the driveway.
“Hey guys, hang on.” I said.
I walked back inside and walked into the kitchen and saw dad, Tre, and BJ sitting at the bar.
“Hey Jamie.” dad said.
“Hey dad, bye guys, I’m going to school.” I said, waving.
“Bye.” They all said.

We reached school and the bitches and man whores were standing out in the court yard.
“Jamie, avoid them.” Andy whispered in my ear.
“You think?” I whispered back sarcastically.
We tried going in the next door but two were blocking that one.
We tired every door we could think of but they were all blocking them.
“Jamie, count to ten.” Pete said. He could tell I was getting pissed.
“Hey jock, let us in.” Patrick demanded.
“What you going to do about it?” he asked.
“I’ll knock you out cold, just like Jamie did to your girlfriend.” Patrick said.
“Wow, using your girlfriend as a defense. I’m scared.” he said. That was the last thing he said the rest of the day. Patrick clocked him a good one in the jaw. I clocked his girlfriend in the nose, which I had broken the day before.

We all went to class and the lunch bell rang.
I sat down with Joe and Andy as Pete and Patrick got lunch.
“Jamie, why don’t you ever eat?” Andy asked.
“I just don’t.” I answered.
“You aren’t on a crash diet are you?” Joe asked.
“No, I just don’t really like food. I never really did.” I answered.
“Why?” Andy asked.
“I was always denied food so I just learned not to like it.” I responded.
Then Patrick and Pete sat down.
“Jamie, why do you not eat?” Pete asked.
“Sorry, not explaining it again. Ask Andy or Joe.” I said.
“She learned not to like it because she was always denied food when she was at her old home.” Joe explained.
“Jamie, please eat something.” Patrick said.
“Patrick, I’m not hungry.” I replied.
Pete and Patrick just looked at me, concerned.
“Guys, I’m fine.” I said again.

The day ended and Patrick was the only one who could come to my house after school.
“Dad! I’m home!” I yelled out upon entering to house.
“I’m in the studio!” He yelled out.
“I’ll be in the living room with Patrick!” I replied.
He didn’t answer.
“Well, come on.” I said.
“Hey Jamie, why do you even answer to the nickname Jimmy?” he asked, following me into the living room.
“I don’t know. I just like Green Day so I guess I don’t really care if I’m called Jimmy.” I answered, sitting down.
Patrick came and sat down beside me.
“You should care. Do you not like your name?” he said and asked.
“I guess I do. I guess I don’t. Like I told you guys, I don’t know a lot of things. I am confused by what has happened. It has all happened so fast.” I responded.
“Yeah, I know what you mean.” he said, looking into my eyes.
“Your step dad hurt you in more ways than one. Your eyes tell me everything. What else did he do to you?” he said, having the sound of fear in his voice.
“Nothing.” I replied quickly, breaking eye contact.
“Jamie, look at me and tell me. Please? I care about you.” he said, pulling my eyes back to his.
“Patrick, I’m fine now. I’m safe. Nothing can happen.” I responded, trying to sound strong but it wasn’t working.
“Come here.” he said, pulling me into a tight hug. I was safe. I was safe in his arms.