A Twisted Love Affair

Decisions never seemed so tough

“Chip…come on you gotta wake up.” Andrew was shaking me and I could hear him giggle a little. I figured I’d fallen asleep on his shoulder. Greeattt. Just what I need; for Andrew to think I can’t stay up past beddy by time.

“I’m up!” I stumbled to my feet and we started walking home. “You know what time it is?” I asked, still a bit groggy. “Yeah. It’s about 1 a.m.” I gapped at him. How the hell could he have let me sleep that long? “How did you NOT die of boredom?” I asked, astounded that he didn’t even look fazed. “I dunno. I guess just watching you sleep was good enough for me.” He gave me a cheesy smile and I returned it. I really had missed him. Everything seemed to go away when he was around.

“Good night Chip. I love you.” He kissed me softly on the lips and then left, making me want him so much more. “I love you too!” I called after him. He turned around and flashed me another smile before disappearing down the street. I sighed and braced myself for the verbal beating I was about to receive.

“CHIP!? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? I WAS SO WORRIED!” Mom was standing at the bottom of the stairs; red in the face, looking worried and pissed at the same time. “I was out at the park with Andrew. He just got back and we were catching up.” I hopped that if I stayed calm and reasoned with her, she would calm down a little. “You should have called me!” she was speaking calmer now and I knew I was going to get away with it. “You’re grounded for 3 days. No T.V., computer or phone.” I groaned and walked up to me room. I needed some REAL rest in preparation for the next three days of boredom.

“Hey. Is Chip here? I wanted to check up on her.” I crept silently out of my room. Ryan was at the door, but of course I’d never be aloud to see him. I’m pretty sure that was part of my punishment…maybe I was wrong…anyways I’m just glad it’s over tomorrow.

“Yes. Have you heard anything from Brendon?” Ryan shook his head sadly. It killed me to think about dad but I knew I’d have to face the fact eventually. “How are you holding up?” Ryan gave mom a hug and they exchanged a few more words before Ryan came upstairs. I bounded into my room, trying to hide the fact that I had been spying on them. It wasn’t a very nice thing to have to admit.

“Hey Chip.” Ryan shut the door silently behind him. “Hey…” I looked down at my book. I had been doing a lot of thinking over the past three days, and I was starting to feel a little guilty about being with Andrew. “How’re you feeling?” I sighed and closed my book. I guess I’d have to face him…whether I wanted to or not. “I’m ok I guess. How are you and Ivy?” He cringed when I said her name. I wonder what happened between them. “We’re ok I guess….” “But?” I looked up at him…hoping he’d say he loved me, but at the same time, hoping he’d break it off so I could be with Andrew. I loved them both so much, I could never decide. It was going to have to be done for me.

“Well…I’m not sure I want to go through with the wedding.” My heart sank and jumped all at the same time. “I love you a lot, but I’m not sure it could ever work out. I love Ivy as well…so I just don’t know!” He put his head in his hands and I wrapped him in a hug. “I’m sorry.” He mumbles. I just stay quiet. There’s nothing that I can say, it’s up to him if he goes with Ivy or not.

Suddenly he jumps up and kneels down in front of me. His eyes look almost pleading. “Do you love me?” I hesitate for a moment. I really miss Andrew…but do I love him like I love Ryan? “Yes?” I asked it more as a question, and I think it worried him. “You don’t sound very sure.” I decide to just flat out lie to him. I’ll deal with Andrew later. Maybe, in the end, it’ll all work out. “Yes. I love you.” He didn’t respond. He just went running out of my room, leaving my totally confused, and hoping I made the right choice.