A Twisted Love Affair

Don't phunk with my heart

I sat there, just thinking about Ryan, for what seemed like forever. I couldn't really expect him to leave his fiancee for me now could I? It was one little kiss, not a commitment. It was also nothing to be concerned about right? If he wants Ivy, then he can have her. I'm better off without him.

"Chip. You there?" I opened the door and smiled at Emily. She looked really worried, and for a second I felt kinda bad. "Let's go swim. I'm fine." She gave me a funny look but follwed me down the stairs anyways.

"DAAAAAAAADY!!!" I called out the second we stepped outside. "Ooh she wants something." I rolled my eyes at mom and sat down on dad's lap. "Yes?" "Can Emily stay over tonight?" I didn't exactly ask her if she wanted to but...well admitedly she's always thought dad was pretty sexy (how, I have no idea) so I didn't think she'd mind. "Sure. We were gonna have a big party tonight anyways. Have the guys stay over and such." I looked back and saw Emily smiling like crazy. I guess this means she aproved of my plan. "Sounds good!" I hopped off of dad's lap and got back in the pool.

"So. You wanna stay?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "OF COURSE!!" Emily started jumping up and down but stopped as soon as she started getting weird looks from everyone. "Sorry." She mumbled and slid into the pool next to me, once again.

We kinda just floated around on floatly thingys (no duh) and sun bathed, listning to the conversation going on all around us. "So Ryan. When's the wedding?" I cringed and wished dad hadn't asked that. "Oooh. It's gonna be October second. A nice fall wedding." Double hit. Not only does it kill to see Ryan marrying Ivy, he has to do it THE DAY after my birthday. With the entire family rushing around preparing, when are we gonna celebrate. "Jeez. Way to be inconsiderate." I think Emily must have read my mind. "What's that?" We both blushed and looked up at Ryan. He was smirking, and obviously knew what she said. Greeeaattt. "Nothing!" We both lied, giving him our best fake smiles.

"So what do you wanna do tonight?" I looked over at Emily with a blank face. I had been so into glaring at Ryan I had forgotten she was there. "Huh? Oh...movies. Nails. Hair. Make-up. Normal girly sutff. I feel like a girly night." "Hmm...you feeling ok?" She reached over and felt my relitavly cool forhead. "Yeah. I just feel like a girly night." Emily burst out laughing and fell off her floatly thing. Of course I ended up doing the same thing by laughing at her. "Oh god you too. Are you seriously that dumb?" Spencer asked when we finnaly surfaced for air. "Yes. Apperently we are!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok. What colour am I doing your nails?" Emily asked. I had already done her nails in red and now she was doing mine. "Uhm...I dunno. Something fun. How a bout...neon orange." She laughed and started looking through my nail polish bag. She laughed even harder when she found out I owned neon orange nail polish. "You're insane!" "Yeah I know!"

"Hey Chip, Em. Can I come in?" I scowled when I heard Ryan's voice at my door. "Yeah I guess." I mumbled. I don't think he heard me, but he came in anyways. "I wanna talk to you Chip." I glared at him, then decided he wasn't worht it and just gave him a nochalant look. "If you want to tell me that it wouldn't work out and that you love Ivy, save your breath." He didn't say anything. "Good-bye then." Emily started at me like I had just grown a second AND third head. I don't blame her, I was pretty surprised myself. "Acctually...I..." I didn't let him finish. "Just leave Ryan. You're marrying Ivy and I'm fine with that. Really. I'm over it." He looked seriously pained and hurt as he left my room. I felt kinda bad about hurting him, but I wasn't about to let him use me.

"Omg Chip. You do know he was gonna say he loved you!" I rolled my eyes. "He wasn't. Guys are predicatble." She widdened her eyes and threw her head back in frustration. "CHIP! JESUS! He looked so upset. He. Loves. YOU!" I glared at her and layed back. "Fine. If you wanna think that, go ahead. However can we drop the subject?" "I guess...but how about this. I'll drop it if you go and talk to him." "Whatever." I sighed in defete. There's no stopping Emily on a rampage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Ry...can I talk to you?" I felt rather out of place walking into my own living room. The adults were all laughing and taling and having a great time. Now here I was to break up the fun. "Sure. I'll be right back guys." Lucky me, we were never suspected. I'd always confided in Ryan. In fact we were probably closer then my dad and I. Mabey that's why I loved him so much...

"Yeah Chip?" We were standing outside. Far away from everyone else, making sure we couldn't be seen or heard. "What did you wanna say earlier." He looked down at his shoes but I held my ground. I wanted to know, and I wasn't backing down. "Chip, I love you. Really I do." He planted a soft kiss on my lips, but I pulled away after a few seconds. "Then why are you still marrying Ivy?" He sighed and looked me right in the eyes. All my concern melted away. "I do love you, but I can't leave Ivy, besides. What would your dad say?" I took a step back. How could he love me and still marry Ivy, and who cared about my dad! "You can't be serious!" He nodded his head. Confirming my wost fear. "Chip...please...try to understand." I tryed, but it didn't work.

Ryan leaned in for another kiss. This time I didn't pull away. I didn't care if the entire world saw this on the six o'clock news. If this was going to be the last kiss I ever got from Ryan Ross, I wanted to enjoy it. "Chip. You bellive me right? I love you. Do you love me?" I thought about it for a minute. Did I really love him? Better question, did he really love me?

We sat outside for a few more minutes. Ryan kept his arm around me and I just burried my head in his chest. Frankly, I never wanted to leave, but I knew that we had to. "So...that's it?" I asked, breaking the silence. "What's it?" "I have no chance. You're going to stay with Ivy." He smirked and kissed me on the cheek. "I never said that." He didn't give me a chance to respond. He just got up and walked inside, leaving me with a million questions in my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Omg. I can't bellive you might have a chance with RYAN ROSS!" I smiled and rolled my eyes. Emily had been on constant freak-out mode for the last 15 minutes straight. "Emily. I wouldn't get too excited." "Oh, but I AM excited. Cuz you are SO way awsomer then Ivy." This I had to laugh at. Emily was more excited over this then I was. "We'll just see. Oh yes...we will see.