Status: very slow

Just a Story of One Little Girl

Chapter 25

We sat at a table in the back of the corner store, sipping on sodas. The boys looked at me impatiently as I slowly sucked on my Dr. Pepper. I knew it was just a matter of time before – “Come on Mackenzie! Just tell us what happened. You look like you’ve been kissed by a Dementor or something! I’m really worried.”

I glanced up at my best friend and sighed, taking one more sip of my drink. I looked down at the table, not wanting to see the emotion in his eyes. “He never wanted to have sex with me,” I started in a dead voice. The boys shared a confused look. “But if that’s true,” I continued, “why did he?”

I finally looked up at Jason, saw the pain and anger he had at my statement. “Why Jason? Why did he have to? What did I do?” I started to cry again, but kept talking. “I can’t take it anymore! That monster raped me last night! I don’t want to do it anymore, I don’t! Please…please make it stop. I don’t care how, just please.”

Jason wrapped his arms around me and I sobbed into his chest. I felt more arms wrap around me, trying to comfort me. “Jason, I want to die.” I confessed. “I don’t want to live anymore if I have to be with him! I can’t. He’s going to kill me if I don’t beat him to it.”

Jason held me tighter. “No, Big Mac. Please don’t say that. You can’t just give up. I’m gonna get you out of there. I always promised I would. This time though, it’s happening for real. I promise baby, you won’t be in pain much longer.”

The second pair of arms disappeared as Jason picked me up and cuddled me in his lap. I clutched on to the boy as I cried my heart out, wishing the pain would just end. I couldn’t figure out why Jason didn’t understand: I didn’t just want to die; I wished I were never born. Life would have been better for everyone if that had been the case.

The door jingled open, and out of reaction I looked up to see my father walking into the little shop. He caught my terrified stare and started walking over. By the time he stopped next to our table, I was frozen in fear.

“Mackenzie, what are you doing here? Why aren’t you at home?” My father’s calm voice chilled my blood.

“I kidnapped her” Jason stated simply. “I dragged her off the bus. We’re just hanging out.”

My father and best friend glared at each other for a few moments before my father spoke. “Playtime’s over Jason. Mackenzie!” He started to walk toward the door. I got up to follow, but Kevin pulled me into his lap, shaking his head.

I squirmed to get out of the boy’s grasp. “Kev-Kev, please. I really need to go. I shouldn’t have come in the first place.” Kevin obliged, but stood up. All four boys followed me out of the tiny shop and piled into my father’s car before I could stop them. My father glared at them all, but before he could say anything, Kevin leaned in close. “We’re coming home with you today. We’re hanging out with Mackenzie. You’re not going to make a big deal of it. And if you do anything to her tonight, I will personally beat you down. I may only be 14, but I’m tougher, stronger, and more knowledgeable of MMA than you could ever hope to be.”

We got home and I bolted up to my room. As soon as I closed the door, I whirled on Kevin. “What do you think you’re doing? Are you trying to get me killed?” he looked down at the floor, ashamed.

“Let me guess.” I began sarcastically. “You didn’t want him to take me home and beat me. Well guess what? You just earned me a one-way ticket to the basement! This all-inclusive trip comes fully packaged with a hard cement floor to sleep on, a chill that nothing helps warm, a fresh beating, possible molestation or rape, and a full month of pissing myself when I get home from being handcuffed to the support beam down there!” I finished my ad-sounding punishment list and glared at him. Then I looked at Jason. “Help me knock him out?”

Jason left through the window, landing softly on the lower roof, and rolling safely onto the grass. I watched as he entered his house. He came back moments later with a black bag. I lowered the rope I had stashed in a hidden hole in my wall, and helped him back into my room. Once inside, Jason opened the bag.